TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

7 hours ago, bmasters1 said:

Not to me either-- I like how the sunrise and sunset times are connected by a curved line above the sun icon (curving upward for sunrise, and downward for sunset). I also like how that wind speed figure has the arrow pointing to 6 mph, between the S and W on the compass (to indicate southwest).

I don’t expect it to last.

21 minutes ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

I'm willing to bet that they are gonna only change the graphics and keep the music. 

That's probably a safe bet. I think that's what's going to happen also.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, NEPANews said:

Even as a local it makes me wonder how Scranton, of all markets, gets to keep its signature sound, but all the others stations needed to toe the corporate line.  Is WNEP that special?

Maybe no one else put their foot down.  I mean, there is always going to be that station that goes a different route. 

Edited by ColtFromGulfcoast
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, newsbot said:

MCTYW survives - NEPA rejoice!

I kinda figured that would happen. I think there will still be complaints about the graphics during the Talkback 16 segments because there were complaints about the new website and app. 

This is not the first time a Tegna station didn't use a standardized theme music.

Remember, KARE 11 didn't use the Rampage Music theme, when Gannett started standardized its gfx in 2008. The station would end up using the mandated Gari music when the next graphic pack debuted a few years later.

14 minutes ago, Weeters said:

I would imagine they are keeping the music for now. They don't want to overwhelm their viewers with too much change, after all. C-Clarity will probably start to creep into the shows little by little.

I'm thinking the same thing. If and/or when that starts, then those Talkback 16 segments will be must watch lol...

Edited by tjt24
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, Weeters said:

I would imagine they are keeping the music for now. They don't want to overwhelm their viewers with too much change, after all. C-Clarity will probably start to creep into the shows little by little.

I won't be surprised if that happens either. Honestly, MCTYW doesn't work well with the graphics at all. Kind of annoying, actually. 

• Like 1
  • Concerned 1

26 minutes ago, ColumbusNewsFan said:

The Dispatch stations will probably be last because word is they are dragging their feet on this for some reason but it will be in before Fall, before they will finally in my prediction.

I wonder what the hold up is? Is it because WTHR and WBNS decided to join WNEP in the fight to protect their imagery and things that made them so successful for so long or is it something else?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ColumbusNewsFan said:

The Dispatch stations will probably be last because word is they are dragging their feet on this for some reason but it will be in before Fall, before they will finally in my prediction.

I’ve heard WTHR will be TEGNA’ed by the end of the month. I’ll ask my source for an update. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

I wonder what the hold up is? Is it because WTHR and WBNS decided to join WNEP in the fight to protect their imagery and things that made them so successful for so long or is it something else?

WBNS's current look is only just 3 years old for them that is young. I think they DON'T want to not break the machine in Columbus. WBNS is a beast in the market but not so much lately with WSYX and WCMH gaining on them fast... If Claps and Boops come to Columbus it will be interesting to say the least with Nexstar might want to do some new graphics for WCMH soon... (RUMOR AND SPECULATION from That source I said earlier. but I discount it hard) and WSYX actually putting up a competent news operation in Columbus.

Just now, who?cares said:

I’ve heard WTHR will be TEGNA’ed by the end of the month. I’ll ask my source for an update. 

WTHR would probably go before WBNS in a lot of things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, who?cares said:

That's what I've been told, too. The new website and app will launch in early April. My WBNS source wouldn't say outright, but seemingly implied the new stuff is coming soon.

Edited by jbnews
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jbnews said:

I won't be surprised if that happens either. Honestly, MCTYW doesn't work well with the graphics at all. Kind of annoying, actually. 

I think it's a better fit here than the crazy over the top 3D package the Troika look replaced.

• Like 2

Interesting, I wonder how Gray would run 9NEWS & Channel 20 (KTVD) ?     It might be a good change for the two stations.    They would gain new sister stations, KKCO (11 NEWS), KJCT-LP (NEWS 8 ) In Grand Junction & KKTV in Colorado Springs/Pueblo.