TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

1 hour ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Really? What gave you that idea?

Oh, I don't know. My guess is, based on my interpretation of your response to the fact that Ms. Barrett will be working in Charlotte, either you: a. are not a fan of the decisions she made at KDVR/KWGN, b. met her once and she kind of rubbed you the wrong way, or c. worked under her and were driven bananas by her.

That's just my interpretation; I guess I should have thought first before I posted my response....

52 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

I'd like to buy a vowel.....

Maybe Tegna is saving money by cutting them out....

Oh wait....

I mean, they save $1250 across the 2 real phrases and my made up one. All 5 vowels are represented. It's the rules. 🤣 

vanna-5.jpg

Edited by 24994J
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, 24994J said:

I mean, they save $1250 across the 2 real phrases and my made up one. All 5 vowels are represented. It's the rules. 🤣 

vanna-5.jpg

When you multiply that saving across hundreds of WRDS, not to mention the cheap talent, inbred programming, and god willing, the coffee (or lack thereof) and ply of the TP....

4 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

When you multiply that saving across hundreds of WRDS, not to mention the cheap talent, inbred programming, and god willing, the coffee (or lack thereof) and ply of the TP....

Now imagine the holiday bonuses they could hand out if they slash Y's, too!

• Haha 1

WOI also has the latest version of the Tegna websites and app that are slowly rolling out... 

Looks like when the Tegna graphics debut, the open will feature We Are Iowa (at least from what is seen in the app when it opens)

Edited by MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie

14 hours ago, MyNewsArchive said:

WOI launched their TEGNA app and website today along with what appears to be a new "Local 5" logo (below the Hourly weather)... 

SmartSelect_20200220-112543_WeAreIowa.jpg

2 different WOI-5 logos in 5 years. Wow.

11 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

And only providing food to staff out of a vending machine. Stay classy, Tegna. 😉🍷

• Like 1

Idk if this has been covered here yet, but Thanh Truong is leaving WWL but he plans to stay put in New Orleans. His final day was today. He is going to launch a True Crime podcast with his wife. 

Didn't he JUST move to the Noon newscast not too long ago from the later shows??

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_9436cff8-51cf-11ea-a092-9f8736ea6a46.html

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/local/thanh-truong-says-farewell-to-wwl-tv/289-af96d62c-8b35-41ea-818e-d0211fbcc4de

Edited by ColtFromGulfcoast

6 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Idk if this has been covered here yet, but Thanh Truong is leaving WWL but he plans to stay put in New Orleans. His final day was today. He is going to launch a True Crime podcast with his wife. 

Didn't he JUST move to the Noon newscast not too long ago from the later shows??

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_9436cff8-51cf-11ea-a092-9f8736ea6a46.html

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/local/thanh-truong-says-farewell-to-wwl-tv/289-af96d62c-8b35-41ea-818e-d0211fbcc4de

Not surprised he's leaving. He effectively got demoted. He was a very strong evening anchor. Disappointed he wont be showing up on New Orleans TV at the moment.

Via TVNewsCheck:

KING 5 is moving Angela Poe Russell from "Take 5" to "Evening" however the changes don't end there.

Starting next Monday "Take 5" will be replaced in the 4pm slot with a new newscast anchored by Greg Copeland and Jessica Janner Castro

Not entirely sure if "Take 5" will remain on air or if they're just moving to a different timeslot.

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/more-news/245003/angela-poe-russell-joins-kings-evening/

1 hour ago, oknewsguy said:

Via TVNewsCheck:

KING 5 is moving Angela Poe Russell from "Take 5" to "Evening" however the changes don't end there.

Starting next Monday "Take 5" will be replaced in the 4pm slot with a new newscast anchored by Greg Copeland and Jessica Janner Castro

Not entirely sure if "Take 5" will remain on air or if they're just moving to a different timeslot.

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/more-news/245003/angela-poe-russell-joins-kings-evening/

Just by looking at TV listings for next week, it looks like Take 5 goes away entirely.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Just by looking at TV listings for next week, it looks like Take 5 goes away entirely.

That's so dumb. People actually liked Take 5. Their ratings were growing so it makes no sense to cancel it. Just put someone in Angela's place. Problem solved.

WZDX Fox in Huntsville made the switch to the new website layout today and kept its, rocketcitynow.com address. This means, as far as I know, WATN in Memphis is the only one of the Nexstar purchase stations that still has not made the switch. I am sure it will be any day now.