TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

On 1/25/2020 at 10:25 PM, jbnews said:

The Grammys are on CBS tomorrow night...so I wouldn't be surprised if they get TEGNA-fied on their late news tomorrow.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) at Noon (fingers crossed) is when new graphics should debut on KFSM. 

4 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

New M&A.

Tegna is acquiring KTBU in Conroe, TX, from Spanish Broadcasting Systems (owners of Mega TV) for $15M.

Once the deal is complete, it will become the sister to KHOU.

Wonder if they're going to keep it Spanish-language or turn it into an English-language independent station.

If it's the former, this is TEGNA's first Spanish-language station.

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

New M&A.

Tegna is acquiring KTBU in Conroe, TX, from Spanish Broadcasting Systems (owners of Mega TV) for $15M.

We can kiss the KIAH to Tegna theory goodbye.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheRyan said:

Hopefully KFSM was allowed to choose the least repulsive cuts of "C Clarity".   Either way, it's a sad day for the NW Arkansas DMA, especially at Channel 5.

There's still Hearst & Nexstar.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TheRyan said:

Hopefully KFSM was allowed to choose the least repulsive cuts of "C Clarity".   Either way, it's a sad day for the NW Arkansas DMA, especially at Channel 5.

Sadly (at least the Noon newscast) they used the awful cuts of C Clarity. Not sure what they were using at 4pm but that's what I saw when I went to playback today's Noon newscast.

They're using the same cuts that they used for Noon at both 4pm and 5pm.

Edited by oknewsguy
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

New M&A.

I doubt they will leave it Spanish. Get ready for KHOU news reruns aplenty, maybe even fresh primetime news like what WXIA is doing in Atlanta for WATL, plus upgraded timeslots for DBL and Sister Circle, both of which 11 currently airs in the middle of the night. They could also maybe steal some syndie content from KUBE, an indy station airing some decent stuff dropped by other stations in town, including a number of sitcoms, plus Rachael Ray, The Doctors and RTM. 

Edited by Greggo

We have yet another Tegna station dumping a traditional newscast (sigh..)

KTVB has officially launched "The 208" in the 5pm timeslot and it's meant to take a conversational approach to the news of the day

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/local/208/ktvb-new-show-208-brian-holmes-idaho-news-smart-honest-perspective/277-3403d71b-5f5c-4c67-8b1f-021fd2f2d750

I'm not entirely sure what the 208 is referred to since I'm not from the area but all I will say is it's either going to work the way KUSA's "Next" has worked or it's going to be an epic disaster.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

KTVB has officially launched "The 208" in the 5pm timeslot and it's meant to take a conversational approach to the news of the day

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/local/208/ktvb-new-show-208-brian-holmes-idaho-news-smart-honest-perspective/277-3403d71b-5f5c-4c67-8b1f-021fd2f2d750

I'm not entirely sure what the 208 is referred to since I'm not from the area but all I will say is it's either going to work the way KUSA's "Next" has worked or it's going to be an epic disaster.

It appears that KTVB took the title The 208 after the title 207 at News Center Maine as 207 is Maine's area code while 208 serves Idaho.

45 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

"208" refers to the area code for all of Idaho. Not the first time Tegna has gone full state area code, granted WCSH/WLBZ's 207 is more a Chronicle wannabe.

This is the first time Tegna is pulling this stunt on a station that is market dominated. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out, if the sterling reputation KTVB has dating back to the King days will still shine or if this will make Boise a competitive market. 

On 1/31/2020 at 2:30 PM, CBS11 Weatherboy said:

Not just that but Tegna has new website layouts matching their new app layout.image.thumb.png.843c643878c35fe12a9638ac8113c4ba.png

These are super clean and easy to use. They aren't as bulky as Nexstar's website or as clunky as Sinclair's. A step ahead of Scripps too.