TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

1 hour ago, tw-804 said:

THIS!!

Now, WTOL is "spilling the tea" on the now-viral video. http://www.wtol.com/2019/03/28/its-time-spill-tea-wtols-cringe-worthy-video/

They probably shouldn't have led their statement with more slang - but the takeaway of that article comes from the teachers who wrote the station:

"I personally would like to say thank you to you and the rest of the anchors at your television station for having the courage to stand up and do something that teachers have been doing for years."

Yep.  Anyone who has ever attended a pep rally can attest to that.   Like I said earlier, folks are too hasty to judge.  And I totally disagree with Scott Jones/FTVLive on his continued ridicule.  I think the Toledo Blade does a nice job summing this up - and alluding to a larger concern in the "Twitterverse":

https://www.toledoblade.com/a-e/culture/2019/03/28/twitter-twits-ruin-fun-wtol-video-kirk-baird-commentary/stories/20190328141

• Like 2

Meanwhile in Western New York, a new show is coming to WGRZ on April 10th (why on a Wednesday?) at 4pm. It's called Most Buffalo hosted by Kate Welshofer and weathercaster Maria Genero. The Ellen DeGeneres Show will move to 3pm and Dr. Phil will move to 2pm replacing Dateline.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/04/02/ellen-being-moved-on-wgrz-in-favor-of-4-p-m-local-production/

Edited by tw-804

22 minutes ago, ttvn2000 said:

WTOL has been TEGNA-ized.  Haven't seen it on-air yet, but this is what they're promoting on social media.

(Gawd I hope this isn't their logo - I don't think it is...but eeeeeeeew.)

I honestly don't think that's the final product.

That's one of the worst logos I've ever seen. They should have brought back the "Toledo 11" moniker, although a whole new logo would likely be needed (and, no, not the WXIA logo either!).

The current KWES logo (taken out of the box) would fit well within the Tegna graphics though; I don't think they need to change the logo.

Edited by GoldenShine9

1 hour ago, ttvn2000 said:

WTOL has been TEGNA-ized.  Haven't seen it on-air yet, but this is what they're promoting on social media.

How long did it take them to make this? I could make a better one in Microsoft Paint and I'm not even good at this at all.

1 hour ago, ttvn2000 said:

Sigh. 

22 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Someone screengrabbed their TV. And the bug is their old logo with the new Tegna graphic.

Let's hope it stays that way. 

Wanted to see these in action on their live stream, but they seem to have some Donate Life Ohio chair-sitting marathon happening on that streaming channel.  Argh.  

On 4/9/2019 at 4:23 PM, ttvn2000 said:

Welcome to Toledo, TEGNA... 😬

38BA35AF-BB41-4CE6-B4C2-9CFE56663105.jpeg

Heavens to murgatroyd...

That's the KFMB "Koo Koo Roo" music.

Yuk!

Edited by Eat News
Aunt Becky Could Die in Prison for College Cheating Scandal
  • Haha 1