TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

An animated Paul Bunyan has taken his axe to WLBZ2 and rechristened the station as NEWS CENTER Maine - but the old WLBZ2 logo still appears on the station bug and promos.

[ATTACH=full]5037[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5038[/ATTACH]

In another ident, a lighthouse shows the old logo pointing left and the new one pointing right - with the new one eventually taking over the frame

26195320_10155401504034613_8272325036548925192_n.jpg.f7c9b824a97115b1985db80759f971a6.jpg

WCSH & WLBZ also have this as the cover photo on their respective Facebook pages. I wonder if a rebrand will comes when the new TEGNA website and graphics hit The Pine Tree State.

• Like 1

An animated Paul Bunyan has taken his axe to WLBZ2 and rechristened the station as NEWS CENTER Maine - but the old WLBZ2 logo still appears on the station bug and promos.

[ATTACH=full]5037[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5038[/ATTACH]

In another ident, a lighthouse shows the old logo pointing left and the new one pointing right - with the new one eventually taking over the frame

[ATTACH=full]5039[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5040[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5041[/ATTACH]

They used an unregistered version of MS Paint v.1 to make that. They had to. Ugly. And tacky.

— Matt

[ATTACH=full]5037[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5038[/ATTACH]]

I like the choppy guy. He reminds me of what a grown up Isaac from South Park would look like as a serial killer.

They should put the heads of TV management for those stations on the stump.

I hate it when stations use their news branding to refer to a station as a whole. NBC Maine or Maine's NBC would have been better.

“NBC Maine” for general programming, and “NewsCenter Maine” for the news.

Tegna-itis spreads to Maine. It appears WCSH/WLBZ have a new "stand up and walk around like idiots while talking to a camera" newscast, it is called "NewsCenter NOW", I'm uncertain if this is just a single newscast of if they are all like this now.

The theme that they are using is the same one that WXIA uses for #TheLateFeed

Tegna-itis spreads to Maine. It appears WCSH/WLBZ have a new "stand up and walk around like idiots while talking to a camera" newscast, it is called "NewsCenter NOW", I'm uncertain if this is just a single newscast of if they are all like this now.

The theme that they are using is the same one that WXIA uses for #TheLateFeed

That's been their format for several months now. They're pretending it was all their idea but we know better. WGME and WMTW are blowing away WCSH on actual news coverage while WCSH tries to distract viewers with whiz-bang graphics and new sets and while some of the veteran reporters are still doing good work, they're sending out MMJs fresh out of college who have no clue what they are reporting about on a lot of stories.

The new websites are horrible. What hath millennials wrought?

We got tired of you guys complaining about not being able to see shit, so decided to make it as contrasting as possible, in hopes you'll either complain less or we either blind you and you can't see. Either way, we expect the complaints.

-Chief Millennial

• Like 2

We got tired of you guys complaining about not being able to see shit, so decided to make it as contrasting as possible, in hopes you'll either complain less or we either blind you and you can't see. Either way, we expect the complaints.

-Chief Millennial

I just hope there are some cookies...

I'm so hungry for cookies.

The threat if incoming missiles gives me the munchies.

• Like 2

The new Tegna websites are boring. It's void of any colour, the hamburger menu is garbage, and the typography is a mess. This template make that shady news site you found on Facebook site look legitimate.

Also, it appears the white knob in KUSA's video player got Tegna'ed.

b203f0f69415e709ae7e61d1b61388dd.png

And none of them are responsive. Instead, they have separate mobile sites.

One of these days you just gotta ask: why?

• Like 1

WCNC just got the new website look today

So has the Treasure Valley, graphics too.

If you're scoring at home the new TEGNA website layouts have nearly been rolled out to all the NBC affaliates. As of this posting the following TEGNA NBC regions have yet to see the new layout:

Northwest Oregon

Golden Triangle Texas - Yes, I am aware that NBC is a subchannel station here.

Central Texas

Brazos Valley

None of TEGNA's stations not affiliated with NBC have the new websites as of yet.

• Like 3

For those of you wanted to know about Tegna's new multicast network QUEST, the new multicast network will be

on January 29th 6:00PM EST/5:00PM CST. I saw the QUEST Trailer on WFAA 8.4.

So WFAA will do an 8.4 channel. At least they're keeping AccuWeather.

So has the Treasure Valley, graphics too.

If you're scoring at home the new TEGNA website layouts have nearly been rolled out to all the NBC affaliates. As of this posting the following TEGNA NBC regions have yet to see the new layout:

Northwest Oregon

Golden Triangle Texas - Yes, I am aware that NBC is a subchannel station here.

Central Texas

Brazos Valley

None of TEGNA's stations not affiliated with NBC have the new websites as of yet.

KGW/KBMT now have it.

• Like 1