TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

Maybe only the NBC affiliates since Early Today is being run "live" at 3:30AM.

Shouldn't be that long before CBS moves its Morning News to the 3:30am slot.

Wonder if WSTM (who's been airing news @ 4am for a few years, pre-empting Early Today) would move the program from their CW subchannel to the main channel, since the live feed move to 3:30.

KBMT sent a single MMJ out to the field to cover Hurricane Harvey buy herself

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/8/28/taking-tegna-to-task

I mean, I wouldn't necessarily blame TEGNA at large for that one... sounds like the ND at KBMT was just being stupid/cheap, especially considering they could have literally gotten help from anywhere, including WWL across the border.

Maybe 'BMT still thinks they're a London station. -shrugs-

• 2 weeks later...
Tegna continues to ruin their stations. The KXTV/WTSP disease spreads to Atlanta where they are ditching the traditional 11pm news at WXIA and replace it with “The Late Feed w/ Vinnie Politan.”

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/201...ed-program-starring-vinnie-politan-august-28/

Has that debuted at all? Was supposed to have debuted on August 28 but got pushed back.

Unlike the alleged social media smarty-pants at KNTV/WTSP, it looks like that show is going to be a Nancy Grace rehash, along with some sports and weather. Yippie. I'll pass.

Has that debuted at all? Was supposed to have debuted on August 28 but got pushed back.

Unlike the alleged social media smarty-pants at KNTV/WTSP, it looks like that show is going to be a Nancy Grace rehash, along with some sports and weather. Yippie. I'll pass.

yep. it aired tonight after the football game. Don't know when it premiered exactly.

I'm sure the folks over at WTKR and WAVY are thanking them.

Though...you never know. With all the downbeat "if it bleeds, it leads" stories that usually topped, buffered and filled the shows when I lived there, maybe a WTSP/KXTV approach is exactly the sort of thing the market needs. Guess we'll find out when the ratings come...

• Like 1

I'm sure the folks over at WTKR and WAVY are thanking them.

Though...you never know. With all the downbeat "if it bleeds, it leads" stories that usually topped, buffered and filled the shows when I lived there, maybe a WTSP/KXTV approach is exactly the sort of thing the market needs. Guess we'll find out when the ratings come...

As I understand ratings at 13 have tanked in a lot of dayparts since TEGNA assumed control—so they may have nothing to lose trying this.

A part of me hopes this isn’t the WTSP format, but the Next / KUSA format, which the promo feels more indicative of. That I’d watch.

• Like 2

As I understand ratings at 13 have tanked in a lot of dayparts since TEGNA assumed control—so they may have nothing to lose trying this.

A part of me hopes this isn’t the WTSP format, but the Next / KUSA format, which the promo feels more indicative of. That I’d watch.

So the new TEGNA edict is to have "unusual" 11pm newscasts? Okay then.

Just streamed the debut of WVEC's Now at Eleven, and all I can say is, I'm impressed. Very informative, trying to attract today's generation while not trying to alienate the old-time viewers. I'm not sure it was live though. The camerawork seemed too fancy to be live. All in all, this should be how Tegna runs KXTV/WTSP and any other station they want Mr. Cheatwood to ruin.

Speaking of WTSP, I also streamed their 11pm news at the same time, and it looks like they've improved from their very rocky start. They're more focused on actual hard news and saving the fluff stories for the end. They've also done away with teasing the headline of next story before flash-cutting to the "10 Tampa Bay" logo and commercials, without any "we'll be right back" or "coming up next". That was annoying.

Just streamed the debut of WVEC's Now at Eleven, and all I can say is, I'm impressed. Very informative, trying to attract today's generation while not trying to alienate the old-time viewers. I'm not sure it was live though. The camerawork seemed too fancy to be live.

Saw the debut episode on the FB page and it's totally taped, just like here in ATL with the Late Feed on 11Alive. You can tell when the anchor tosses to weather at the top.

• Like 2

Please don't tell me his real name was Bob Klinkingwood. That's gotta be a Scott Jones inside joke or something...

Oh crap, it really IS Bob Klinkingwood.

Please don't tell me his real name was Bob Klinkingwood. That's gotta be a Scott Jones inside joke or something...

Oh crap, it really IS Bob Klinkingwood.

uh... you mean Clinkingbeard... right?