TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

If the FCC changes the rules for Sinclair those same rule changes apply to other station groups too...

Just sayin' before we head down the "CONFLICTS!!!!!!!!!!!11!" path yet again.

The ONLY thing I've heard so far from the FCC regarding ownership is the possibility of a repeal of owning Newspapers and Televsion stations in a single market (which has been in effect since 1975)... for now!

And what I mean by "for now" I mean the FCC may change ownership rules (that includes raising the cap) and they haven't even started reviewing the national ownership cap as of yet.

Stay tuned y'all that's all I have to say about this

Quick reminder, Nexstar owns WFLA. So, if there's a Nexstar-Tegna Merger happening (In which I don't see it happening) Nexstar will have to sell 'FLA

to another broadcast group.

Nah, if NexTEGNAr happens, they'll jettison WTSP as soon as possible if they are told to do so.

Nexstar and Tegna have conflicts in Tampa, Portland(OR), Norfolk/Virginia Beach, Buffalo, Little Rock, Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo, Abilene, Knoxville, Austin, Tyler, Waco, and San Angelo.

Would a combined company be allowed to keep both WHAG and WUSA? Also are their enough stations in Phoenix for a duopoly between KPNX and KASW?

Belo-Gannett tried to use SagermoreHill to create a STL duopoly with KSDK-KMOV and a triopoly in Phoenix with KTVK-KASW-KPHX.

There is no doubt in my mind that shells will be used to couch conflicts, and this corrupt FCC will totally look the other way.

Count on it.

Nah, if NexTEGNAr happens, they'll jettison WTSP as soon as possible if they are told to do so.

Belo-Gannett tried to use SagermoreHill to create a STL duopoly with KSDK-KMOV and a triopoly in Phoenix with KTVK-KASW-KPHX.

There is no doubt in my mind that shells will be used to couch conflicts, and this corrupt FCC will totally look the other way.

Count on it.

SagamoreHill was assigned to acquire KASW after Sander spun-off KTVK & KMOV to Meredith (KASW would eventually go to Nexstar). SagamoreHill had nothing to do with St. Louis.

• Like 1

SagamoreHill was assigned to acquire KASW after Sander spun-off KTVK & KMOV to Meredith (KASW would eventually go to Nexstar). SagamoreHill had nothing to do with St. Louis.

Crap. I got the names confused.

Still, then-Gannett tried the shell game until the Obama administration's DOJ rejected it resoundingly. Expect NexsTEGNAr to do everything possible to skirt any existing regs, retain almost every single station, and for these crooks to sit back and let it happen.

Mat the odds be ever in your favor.

• Like 1

The spin-off of Cars.com is completed. Dave Lougee replaces the retired Gracia Martore as President & CEO of Tegna.

Seems to me that with that management change and spinoff, they eliminated are trying to eliminate the "digital" brands they got stuck with in the TEGNA/Gannett spinoff and go straight media. All thats left of the TEGNA Digital (outside of their advertising subs) is CareerBuilder, which they'd be best to get rid of before the Tribune-Sinclair deal becomes final. (Tribune & McClatchy are 1/3 owners with TEGNA).

That same fact also bodes well if Nexstar really is trying to buy them. Becoming pure media makes them prime bait for an M&A.

I'm new to the forum. How does someone get access to the Speculatron?

First my son...

You must believe in the power of the Speculatron...only the great mardek1995 can grant total access to the Speclutron

• Like 5

Seems to me that with that management change and spinoff, they eliminated are trying to eliminate the "digital" brands they got stuck with in the TEGNA/Gannett spinoff and go straight media. All thats left of the TEGNA Digital (outside of their advertising subs) is CareerBuilder, which they'd be best to get rid of before the Tribune-Sinclair deal becomes final. (Tribune & McClatchy are 1/3 owners with TEGNA).

That same fact also bodes well if Nexstar really is trying to buy them. Becoming pure media makes them prime bait for an M&A.

Nearly pure media, TEGNA still has a stake in CareerBuilder TEGNA has a stake in CareerBuilder along with The McCatchy Company and Tribune

• Like 1

Nearly pure media, TEGNA still has a stake in CareerBuilder TEGNA has a stake in CareerBuilder along with The McCatchy Company and Tribune

So, I literally said that in my post, the one you quoted:

• Like 1

First my son...

You must believe in the power of the Speculatron...only the great mardek1995 can grant total access to the Speclutron

mardek1995 the great and powerful, can I get an invite?

^ this post was nominated for JournoCenter's Not Top 10.

Oh nuuuuuuuuo, don't wake it up!!! Not so sure about the great and powerful part, but if so, let's just hope whatever happens in the Emerald City, stays in the Emerald City. :D

Oh nuuuuuuuuo, don't wake it up!!! Not so sure about the great and powerful part, but if so, let's just hope whatever happens in the Emerald City, stays in the Emerald City. :D

It's ok....even if we don't have Mr. Mardek, we have someone else representing Oklahom... I mean the Emerald. -side eyes-

• Like 3

Count on it.

You mean KPNX?

• Like 2

So the Tegna departures just keeps on rolling. Looks like Vanessa Ruiz is not the only one who's leaving KPNX.

Scott from FTVLive stated that Investigative reporter Wendy Halloran, Meteorologist Matt Pace, and a producer who've worked at channel 12 for five years also gotten the boot.

But the station has hired former KGTV personality Kristen Keogh as their new weather anchor/general assignment reporter.

Also Kim Christiansen will replace Adele Arakawa at KUSA's 10pm broadcast when Adele retires. The date of Adele's departure have not been announced yet.

So the Tegna departures just keeps on rolling. Looks like Vanessa Ruiz is not the only one who's leaving KPNX.

Scott from FTVLive stated that Investigative reporter Wendy Halloran, Meteorologist Matt Pace, and a producer who've worked at channel 12 for five years also gotten the boot.

But the station has hired former KGTV personality Kristen Keogh as their new weather anchor/general assignment reporter.

Also Kim Christiansen will replace Adele Arakawa at KUSA's 10pm broadcast when Adele retires. The date of Adele's departure have not been announced yet.

Sad, especially the fact that KUSA has had Adele for many years. When Tegna was Gannett, they were much better. They were a nimble company that cared about what they had been doing. Today, Tegna is nimble and creative, but sometimes they're bad. Chances are Tegna will hire KPNX a younger, cheaper investigative reporter and a producer who isn't so smart. Then people might end up watching more investigative reports on 15 and 5.

Blah! No thank you! I wish Bazi Konani hadn't left. I am not a big fan of Kim. Keep her in the 4pm only.