TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

Classic Gannett/Tegna. They just spent all that money to move KING, KONG and NWCN to new headquarters. That would have been the ideal time to pull the plug. Instead, they spent lots of money to build a secondary studio, auxiliary control room and dedicated offices specifically for NWCN that will wind up having lasted less than a year. In addition to the money they've already spent, they're in a long-term lease and will be paying rent for that unnecessary space for years. Pure genius.

• Like 2

If you look at the set up nwcn you knew they wouldn't be running for long. The two studios can be used for KONG i hear they might be launching newscast on KONG arhat run at the same time as some KING broadcasts in the future

If you look at the set up nwcn you knew they wouldn't be running for long. The two studios can be used for KONG i hear they might be launching newscast on KONG arhat run at the same time as some KING broadcasts in the future

That'll never happen. There will never be a KING 5 News at 11:00 and KONG 6 News at 11:00 or a KING 5 News at 4:00 and KONG 6 News at 4:00 because its like saying that KONG will open up its own news department to compete against KING.

If anything, there can be more regional-focused newscasts that can be coming in a style of NWCN for KONG, but don't expect that.

• Like 1

KXTV's newsroom is now their studio until changes are being made it seems. they seem to start using the format KTXL and KCRA is using where they use sometimes the newsroom for cold opens and a different set. having the weather as a screen is like KTRK without the 3D. i could be wrong.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Is the new name supposed to be the local version of World News Tonight ?

well they are an ABC affiliate so i doubt that's why. also yes they did open the news as "ABC 10 LNT". and more new stuff from KXTV. they now pan the camera through their news room From and to Commercials similar to KCRA and WSVN. Weather forecasts are on a small box in the corner while other stuff on the Screen they use is on the main part of the weather shown here.

IMG_20161117_172723-1024x576.thumb.jpg.b0fbfdc4c99cc40a4f88098d217f52cf.jpg

Mendonsa and Schornack are a great anchor team.... but this crapola format totally doesn't work for them. She's faking it too much; especially on the 11pm show by herself and he just looks out of his element trying to be hip with a sport coat sans tie. Get a new set in the studio and bring back some experienced reporters and hard news coverage. Some of these "reporters" they have now look like kids... literally like right out of the high school yearbook class. It's pretty hard to take them seriously when they talk to grampa Schornack and mama Mendonsa on camera. Lol

Mendonsa and Schornack are a great anchor team.... but this crapola format totally doesn't work for them. She's faking it too much; especially on the 11pm show by herself and he just looks out of his element trying to be hip with a sport coat sans tie. Get a new set in the studio and bring back some experienced reporters and hard news coverage. Some of these "reporters" they have now look like kids... literally like right out of the high school yearbook class. It's pretty hard to take them seriously when they talk to grampa Schornack and mama Mendonsa on camera. Lol

I'm sure this is going to be similar or the same as that horrible format WPIX had in 2010. I think they are going to end as PIX with low ratings and "HOPEFULLY" removing this format.

I'm sure this is going to be similar or the same as that horrible format WPIX had in 2010. I think they are going to end as PIX with low ratings and "HOPEFULLY" removing this format.

well considering KTXL is their sister station (which KXTV is also somewhat doing) i doubt it. also interviews are even done in the news room. its even showing a GMA sign in the background. they could've at least used the sac and co studio.

• Like 1

And I'm sure just like HLN when these efforts fail, you'll end up with a schedule full of Forensic Files reruns...
And what next, Time Warner buys TEGNA? Actually, that's a ridiculous scenario, but still, KXTV is last, and not having a duopoly parnter certainly doesnt help matters, not that it would've helped anyway considering how run down the station is

And what next, Time Warner buys TEGNA? Actually, that's a ridiculous scenario, but still, KXTV is last, and not having a duopoly parnter certainly doesnt help matters, not that it would've helped anyway considering how run down the station is

AT&T/Time Warner owning TV stations.... huh.

Didn't AT&T have a share in LIN Broadcasting back in the day, or am I thinking wrong? Anyways, that would be interesting.

AT&T/Time Warner owning TV stations.... huh.

Didn't AT&T have a share in LIN Broadcasting back in the day, or am I thinking wrong? Anyways, that would be interesting.

You might be right. AT&T did have a 45% share in LIN Broadcasting, which spun off its TV holdings as LIN TV Corporation in 1994. AT&T acquired McCaw Cellular Communications the same year.