TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

I just wonder how long KIDY and KXVA will be Fox affiliates. One part of me thinks they will swap affiliations with one of the Nexstar duopoly stations in each market...

Probably for a long time. KRBC has been with NBC since its inception in the 50's and KTAB is the #1 station in the market plus a strong CBS affiliate.

IF this were to take place, the most likely poach would be Bonten's ABC affiliations on KTXS and KTXE.

Probably for a long time. KRBC has been with NBC since its inception in the 50's and KTAB is the #1 station in the market plus a strong CBS affiliate.

IF this were to take place, the most likely poach would be Bonten's ABC affiliations on KTXS and KTXE.

I always thought this would be feasible for KIDY to achieve since KTXS' presence in San Angelo is mediocre at best. I can't see KXVA taking the ABC affiliation away from KTXS, but I can see KIDY snatching the ABC affiliation away from KTXE. Last I heard was that KTXS has been trying to increase their presence in the Concho Valley, they even started renting office space next door to KIDY's downtown building...which I thought was a slap in the face, but to each it's own.

• Like 2

Last I heard was that KTXS has been trying to increase their presence in the Concho Valley, they even started renting office space next door to KIDY's downtown building...which I thought was a slap in the face, but to each it's own.

Rebranded from KTXE to 'San Angelo's ABC 38' as well with a dedicated (albeit small) site.

A lot of TEGNA stations need a bit of new stuff, mostly new logos, KENS, WFAA, and even 11Alive being only a few of many examples of stations still needing new logos. At least KXTV got a new logo, even though it isnt the best one out there.

11Alive needs a brand new logo, it been around since 1993. Whew, but for some reason I like the KARE 11 logo which has been around since the 1980s. However Gannett/TEGNA tend to shop for barging basement logos. Idk Y....

In case you don't want to dig:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154463044018987

It's bland. It's generic. It's a font with network logos. But anything is an improvement over their old logo circa 2010. For some reason, the old logo just kept reminding me of the old graphics with the rundown on the side. In addition, I almost want to say it looks like they either have a new set or have had a refresh lately.

Agreed. It's meh.

I would've stacked the words First Coast News from top-to-bottom in varying degrees of font weight, and stacked the network logos on the immediate side.

• Like 2

Big changes at KYTX. Gillian (Kirk) Sheridan is moving to the mornings with co-anchor Clint Yeatts later in the fall, both Yeatts and Sheridan worked at KLTV back in the 90's and 2000's. Current morning anchor Dana Hughey will move the 5:00PM newscasts, while newcomers Tashara Parker (KAGS-NBC) and Bryan Boes (Former WICS Sports Anchor).

The changes will be taken place early November.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-Arts+Entertainment/239424/changes-coming-to-the-anchor-desk-at-kytx-cbs-19

Interesting article about KING/KONGs new digs at Home Plate Center. Definitely worth a read if your interested in the technical aspect.

They produce 18 hours of content a day from the new facility using two control rooms running ELC automation which controls everything in the studio. Master control is located at the station pushing out five program feeds - two each for KING/KONG and one for NWCN. The transition of control to the new facility occurred during Late Night with Seth Meyers where it was seamless. The only thing noticeable was a slight morph of the picture for a second during the switchover.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/96902/king-hits-a-grand-slam-at-home-plate-center/page/1

As originally posted in Out and About (H/T to both WAVY 10 and VARTV:

Another veteran at WVEC exiting. Sandra Parker (with the station since 1990) leaving on her own

[MEDIA=twitter]765461302777184256[/MEDIA]

For those keeping score; that makes four members of the on-air team that had been at WVEC 15+ years leaving (TEGNA buyout/retirement of Joe Flanagan and Velma Scaife; Craig Moeller leaving for St. Louis).

• 2 weeks later...

Corporate changes regarding Tegna today....

Tegna's president & CEO Gracia Martore is retiring after 31 years at Gannett/Tegna. Station group president Dave Lougee, will replace Martore as the new CEO of the entire company.

Also, Tegna is spinning off Cars.com into a separate independent entity; and will explore strategic options about its 53% interest in CareerBuilder.com.

Martore's retirement goes in effect once the spin-off of Cars.com is completed.

While randomly live streaming WUSA tonight, I noticed they were using a red and blue scheme on the L3s for election stories. Any other stations doing this?[ATTACH=full]3322[/ATTACH]

Yeah, WVEC is as well. The color on the rundown also shows both red and blue.SSss.thumb.png.e5f8fd09040a6f7a184d700c6122edb0.png

s4.thumb.png.5ddc19a22cab68381c2b932705f198cf.png

ss1.thumb.png.4652d9b46cca595feaf124f6b2788e1d.png

Apparently there's a 19 day arts festival in Grand Rapids Michigan. So WZZM asked a local art college, Kendall College of Art and Design at Ferris State University to come up with their newsdesk for the event. The news desk will be used for their coverage from the art festival. The desk is made up from reclaimed materials and has a circular theme. The items featured on the desk represent various industries from Grand Rapids and Michigan as a whole There are many beer bottles (wonder if they were donated or just came from the dorms) as a homage to the many draft breweries in the area. Let's just say that it's unique:

IMG_1682.thumb.JPG.be9b60cd991538b56c8c4713620f1b1b.JPG

Image Courtesy of TVNewsCheck's MarketShare.

• Like 1

WKYC has taken some serious liberty in it's use of their graphics/opens and music over the last several months.

Here's a promo sample that uses the same music as the intro and most bumpers.

The supers and headline bar remain the same, but there's some leeway in other things, especially in the teasers.

And at the very end of the newscast, they ditched the TEGNA logo and replaced it with a generic copyright "©2016 WKYC-TV INC"

I doubt they're up for sale or going to be up for sale any time soon, but this is the furthesy yet I've seen a TEGNA station stray from their presentarion.

This is a screenshot of their new 11pm open. The G3 graphics remain as-is, though.

IMG_1524.thumb.PNG.16465be344c0962054bfb57f6c733a70.PNG

• Like 3

Apparently there's a 19 day arts festival in Grand Rapids Michigan. So WZZM asked a local art college, Kendall College of Art and Design at Ferris State University to come up with their newsdesk for the event. The news desk will be used for their coverage from the art festival. The desk is made up from reclaimed materials and has a circular theme. The items featured on the desk represent various industries from Grand Rapids and Michigan as a whole There are many beer bottles (wonder if they were donated or just came from the dorms) as a homage to the many draft breweries in the area. Let's just say that it's unique:

[ATTACH=full]3334[/ATTACH]

Image Courtesy of TVNewsCheck's MarketShare.

That's ArtPrize and WOOD-TV has studios there as well. That's where they debuted their 7:00pm newscast on Tuesday and remains there until October 10th.