TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

Apparently KARE's backyard was renovated and after a two months of construction it was revealed on 23 September. It's 1/3 of the size of their previous back yard and features a pond less waterfall, a natural gas grill and fireplace, new pavers that can absorb water to prevent run off and new furniture. The only thing I'd add would be a heated patio so they don't have to shovel the Minnesota snow.

http://www.kare11.com/story/life/home-garden/grow-with-kare/2014/07/22/new-kare-11-backyard-features/12994941/

It's a nice look and nice execution with the ad tie-in.

You should see some of the crappy "outdoor sets" in use in CA. A few redwood slats, astro turf and aluminum lawn chairs are the norm here.

It's a nice look and nice execution with the ad tie-in.

You should see some of the crappy "outdoor sets" in use in CA. A few redwood slats, astro turf and aluminum lawn chairs are the norm here.

Can't be any worse than WJZ's outback which consists of a few mishmash end plants against the woods. Here's an image:

outback.jpg

Apparently KARE's backyard was renovated and after a two months of construction it was revealed on 23 September. It's 1/3 of the size of their previous back yard and features a pond less waterfall, a natural gas grill and fireplace, new pavers that can absorb water to prevent run off and new furniture. The only thing I'd add would be a heated patio so they don't have to shovel the Minnesota snow.

http://www.kare11.com/story/life/home-garden/grow-with-kare/2014/07/22/new-kare-11-backyard-features/12994941/

So, you really wouldn't have a way to know this being in the Baltimore area and all but, the "new" backyard actually debuted in July 2014. I'm not sure why that article is has a dateline/timestamp of 3 days ago. The URL has the actual date within it.

Also, I have no clue what Belinda meant with her statement that "it's a 1/3 of the size". It's literally the exact same size...the footprint didn't change. In fact, the fence surrounding it is the exact same fence. They just took down a couple fence panels during construction to get materials/equipment in and out. IDK, maybe she meant the patio (or, useable space) as more area is now covered by landscaping and hardscape features. And, the poured concrete areas are heated with a radiant heating system ;).

I still think KARE's renovation of the backyard was a reaction to WCCO debuting their rooftop studio in late 2013. Don't get me wrong I think the new backyard is great and lightyears ahead of what they had. But, personally I think WCCO has them beat. Plus, WCCO really has two outdoor areas the rooftop and the plaza.

So, you really wouldn't have a way to know this being in the Baltimore area and all but, the "new" backyard actually debuted in July 2014. I'm not sure why that article is has a dateline/timestamp of 3 days ago. The URL has the actual date within it.

Also, I have no clue what Belinda meant with her statement that "it's a 1/3 of the size". It's literally the exact same size...the footprint didn't change. In fact, the fence surrounding it is the exact same fence. They just took down a couple fence panels during construction to get materials/equipment in and out. IDK, maybe she meant the patio (or, useable space) as more area is now covered by landscaping and hardscape features. And, the poured concrete areas are heated with a radiant heating system ;).

I still think KARE's renovation of the backyard was a reaction to WCCO debuting their rooftop studio in late 2013. Don't get me wrong I think the new backyard is great and lightyears ahead of what they had. But, personally I think WCCO has them beat. Plus, WCCO really has two outdoor areas the rooftop and the plaza.

Thanks for correcting me. I was looking for weather proof camera housings and stumbled across this page and thought it was new. It looks nice and all but I have to agree with you WCCO takes the cake as both look contemporary.

Since WCCO was brought up I need a quick clarification of WCCO's studios/facilities. I heard they have a Nicollet Mall studio (which I assume is where their HQ, main studios, weather beacon and rooftop garden are located), a separate plaza / street side studio, and that studio that's really a granite showroom. Am I missing any or is everything right?

Edit: I'm on google maps and realized that the Nicollet Mall Studio and the Plaza studio appear to be I'm the same building. The names of different studios threw me off thinking they were in two seperate locations where Nicollet Mall Studio refers to the road it's against and the Plaza refers to outdoor area.

Thanks for correcting me. I was looking for weather proof camera housings and stumbled across this page and thought it was new. It looks nice and all but I have to agree with you WCCO takes the cake as both look contemporary.

Since WCCO was brought up I need a quick clarification of WCCO's studios/facilities. I heard they have a Nicollet Mall studio (which I assume is where their HQ, main studios, weather beacon and rooftop garden are located), a separate plaza / street side studio, and that studio that's really a granite showroom. Am I missing any or is everything right?

Edit: I'm on google maps and realized that the Nicollet Mall Studio and the Plaza studio appear to be I'm the same building. The names of different studios threw me off thinking they were in two seperate locations where Nicollet Mall Studio refers to the road it's against and the Plaza refers to outdoor area.

I think you got it. Everything is located at (or, within) the same building except the "kitchen set" which is housed at the Cambria Studio(/Showroom) in the CBS Radio building on the corner of 7th St & 2nd Ave. Although, the Nicollet Mall Studio has essentially been relegated housing ancillary set pieces with the introduction of WCCO's latest set back in 2012. The Nicollet Mall Studio now only houses a roundtable and large touchscreen monitor for stand-ups. If you are interested here is a link to some cool 360 panoramas of WCCO's Newsroom and the Nicollet Mall Studio that it opens up to circa 2007 when there last set was being built. The one thing I found interesting with their last generation of set(s) is that they not only had the two identical desks (one in each studio) but, a third smaller one-person desk that used the newsroom as the backdrop. You can see said desk (along with the temporary desk they were using at the time) in the 360 pics. Man, I wish they would have somehow melded the wood tones and warm color design of the 2007 set into the set they introduced in 2012. The warm colors and wood tones just fit their building and look so well *sigh*. Anyway, about TEGNA.....

Be prepared, All Tegna stations will no loner be available on DISH Network if no deal is made by 6:00PM.

I don't know what's going on with all broadcast groups and their providers.

http://static.wfaa.com/dish/

*6pm on September 30th.

All Tegna stations appear to be affected, including the ex-Belo and ex-London stations.

WUSA is running crawls every hour stating as much.

[MEDIA=vimeo]140601801[/MEDIA]

*6pm on September 30th.

All Tegna stations appear to be affected, including the ex-Belo and ex-London stations.

WUSA is running crawls every hour stating as much.

[MEDIA=vimeo]140601801[/MEDIA]

That'd be a particular debacle for 84% of Texas if an agreement isn't reached before 6pm in a few days.

...If you are interested here is a link to some cool 360 panoramas of WCCO's Newsroom and the Nicollet Mall Studio that it opens up to circa 2007 when there last set was being built. The one thing I found interesting with their last generation of set(s) is that they not only had the two identical desks (one in each studio) but, a third smaller one-person desk that used the newsroom as the backdrop. You can see said desk (along with the temporary desk they were using at the time) in the 360 pics. Man, I wish they would have somehow melded the wood tones and warm color design of the 2007 set into the set they introduced in 2012. The warm colors and wood tones just fit their building and look so well *sigh*. Anyway, about TEGNA.....

That's a really pretty newsroom. A lot of thought must have gone into that. Even the assignment desk matches the anchor desks.

KING 5 is doing a town hall after the football game this coming Thrusday about traffic in the Seattle/Tacoma area. Are there any other TEGNA stations that have down Town Halls before?

IIRR, WFAA (pre-Gannett/Tegna) has done some over the years; I've forgotten when or what subject(s) were covered.

So about last week, KSDK aired a special news open for Today in St. Louis as they won the award for "Best Morning News Show" in STL. I haven't been able to catch it (or record) as I am not usually awake and my computer sucks. Seems like they usually air it at the beginning of the 6:00am hour.

So about last week, KSDK aired a special news open for Today in St. Louis as they won the award for "Best Morning News Show" in STL. I haven't been able to catch it (or record) as I am not usually awake and my computer sucks. Seems like they usually air it at the beginning of the 6:00am hour.

I think they KSDK have been doing that for a while now. So I don't think it wasn't last week . It was earlier than that.

When will Tegna fully acquire KGW, WHAS, and KMSB? I checked both KGW and WHAS's websites and neither have the "A Tegna Company" byline meaning that Tegna still hasn't fully acquired any of those three stations.

At last check, they had filed the paperwork for "acquisition" from the respective Sander and Tucker holding companies. It's just a matter of time for the FCC to sign off on the transition.

• 4 weeks later...