TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

Is it just me, or is their logo in the bug area extending outside the L3? And are they in front of a chromakey?

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yes, KAGS has a chroma key set. Previously, they use to stand up until they got a desk...which I'm a little jealous of.

And the bug extending pass the lowerthird bugs (no pun intended) the heck out of me. It's mainly because the chyron text field template didn't accommodate the correct logo space, and it's difficult to change it to match it to the other categories for it to animate correctly. KCEN managed to correct it, but I haven't figured it out. Hopefully that makes sense. Basically, if the bug was placed correctly, the lowerthird text would get buried underneath it.

Yes, KAGS has a chroma key set. Previously, they use to stand up until they got a desk...which I'm a little jealous of.

And the bug extending pass the lowerthird bugs (no pun intended) the heck out of me. It's mainly because the chyron text field template didn't accommodate the correct logo space, and it's difficult to change it to match it to the other categories for it to animate correctly. KCEN managed to correct it, but I haven't figured it out. Hopefully that makes sense. Basically, if the bug was placed correctly, the lowerthird text would get buried underneath it.

So it's basically a hardware issue then?

1. They're still using the HD tagline too?

2. They ACTUALLY put that logo on their website.

3. I wonder how ABC feels about KBMT tacking the NBC logo onto their network affiliate. Yes, I know that KBMT carries NBC on their .2, but correct me if i'm wrong: it's still technically an ABC affiliate, right?

3. I wonder how ABC feels about KBMT tacking the NBC logo onto their network affiliate. Yes, I know that KBMT carries NBC on their .2, but correct me if i'm wrong: it's still technically an ABC affiliate, right?

1. I believe so.

2. That I don't even know.

and 3. KBMT is still an ABC station.

1. I believe so.

2. That I don't even know.

and 3. KBMT is still an ABC station.

I know they're still an ABC station, but on air, the peacock is attached to the 12News logo on the LCD screens. ANd I meant #2 as, they actually did put it on their website, literally as the banner pic: www.12newsnow.com

I know they're still an ABC station, but on air, the peacock is attached to the 12News logo on the LCD screens. ANd I meant #2 as, they actually did put it on their website, literally as the banner pic: www.12newsnow.com

To tell you the truth, I don't think so. I don't live in Beaumont, but I wish to travel to the city.

I would be surprised if ABC made a fuss considering the WLTV and WJXX, a duopoly in Jacksonville, simulcasts their newscasts and uses both logos in their chyrons.

In this case I don't think ABC would really care as long as the NBC logo does not show up during network programming.

Edit: After looking at the video and consulting Wikipedia it appears there are some separate newscasts only on the NBC station, namely the 11:30 AM and a 6:30 PM newscasts. The video looks like it was posted after the mid morning newscast. From what I've seen of this package I thought the but is inserted in the production control room but in this case it's gone. Perhaps because of this unique arrangement they deviated from the standard operating procedure.

They just get more interesting.

Today azcentral.com received a minor redesign, and KPNX got its own website back: 12news.com.

That needed to be done a long time ago. Made no sense for a TV station to have all of its content behind a paywall.

Latest on the Lone Star Group:

Launch dates are tentative at this point, and it really just comes down to how we end up building these graphic templates in Chyron.

Also, we will not have a rundown on screen like the rest of the Gannett stations.

KYTX: March 16

KCEN/KAGS: March 21 (This is a Saturday for some reason, I'm not sure why)

KBMT: April 13

KIII: April 15

KIDY/KXVA: April 20

As for websites, I'm not sure about the other stations, but KIDY/KXVA is stuck with World Now until January 2016.

For those of us keeping track, KIII was supposed to make the transition yesterday, but so far, has not.

12.2 is branded as "K-JAC NBC," a nod to the longtime callsign of the market's former NBC affiliate, S!nclair Fox affiliate KBTV/4.

If I'm not mistaken, ALL of KBMT's newscasts are simulcast on 12.1 and 12.2.

• Like 1

12.2 is branded as "K-JAC NBC," a nod to the longtime callsign of the market's former NBC affiliate, S!nclair Fox affiliate KBTV/4.

* K-JAC: Your NBC.

And you are mistaken. KBMT 12.2 only simulcasts the morning newscast. It also airs exclusive newscasts at 12:00 Noon, 4:00 and 6:30 p.m., while the rest (5:00, 6:00, 10:00 p.m. and weekend newscasts) are only seen on KBMT 12.1.

Only the morning news and 10pm newscasts are simulcast. KBMT produces a noon, 4, and 6:30 newscast for the KJAC sub. 5 & 6 air only on the main signal.