TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

In case anyone was looking to see what a talent bump a-la Gannett would look like, here is KHOU's from their morning show.

[yt]Znov73Mv4jQ[/yt]

There's a video here called "This is Home - News/Vocal" which has a cut that appears twice. I have yet to hear that one on any Gannett station but I'm not sure if that's the same cut that you're referring to that hasn't been used before. If not, can you please send in a video of or a link to it if you have either?

That cut (I'm sure it has a name, but I call it Cut B, found at :53 on NMSA) is used frequently on non-clustered stations in markets 25-50, with KREM being the exception -- no clue why they aren't using the KING cluster music (or why they haven't updated their horrendous weather graphics). Some of the other stations that have a primary evening cut use this as their early edition theme (see WTSP).

That cut (I'm sure it has a name, but I call it Cut B, found at :53 on NMSA) is used frequently on non-clustered stations in markets 25-50, with KREM being the exception -- no clue why they aren't using the KING cluster music (or why they haven't updated their horrendous weather graphics). Some of the other stations that have a primary evening cut use this as their early edition theme (see WTSP).

I've heard some stations use that cut, but I was talking about the one that appears on a video on this website called "This is Home - News/Vocal" at :06 and 1:30 which I have yet to hear on any Gannett station.

Latest on the Lone Star Group:

Launch dates are tentative at this point, and it really just comes down to how we end up building these graphic templates in Chyron.

Also, we will not have a rundown on screen like the rest of the Gannett stations.

KYTX: March 16

KCEN/KAGS: March 21 (This is a Saturday for some reason, I'm not sure why)

KBMT: April 13

KIII: April 15

KIDY/KXVA: April 20

As for websites, I'm not sure about the other stations, but KIDY/KXVA is stuck with World Now until January 2016.

So, it's the Friday before the (scheduled) first ex-London launch on KYTX/CBS 19 this Monday 3/16, and so far there are no signs of the impending change on their main social media or promo pages.

Maybe Gannett isn't doing the all-out push this go-round?

So, it's the Friday before the (scheduled) first ex-London launch on KYTX/CBS 19 this Monday 3/16, and so far there are no signs of the impending change on their main social media or promo pages.

Maybe Gannett isn't doing the all-out push this go-round?

Any promos for the Gannett graphics on KCEN/KAGS or any other Lone Star station besides KYTX?

Actually KSDK's dominance died off in the 2000's. They and KMOV have been running neck and neck. It's only been recent that KMOV's ratings lead began to grow.

I'm starting to think KSDK should've been the one sold to Meredith Corp. and KMOV should've stayed with Gannett

Latest on the Lone Star Group:

Launch dates are tentative at this point, and it really just comes down to how we end up building these graphic templates in Chyron.

Also, we will not have a rundown on screen like the rest of the Gannett stations.

KYTX: March 16

KCEN/KAGS: March 21 (This is a Saturday for some reason, I'm not sure why)

KBMT: April 13

KIII: April 15

KIDY/KXVA: April 20

As for websites, I'm not sure about the other stations, but KIDY/KXVA is stuck with World Now until January 2016.

No switch by KYTX at noon (typical Gannett launch time); previews for their 5pm newscast are also still using their old graphics.

I wonder if KCEN/KAGS are gonna change their logos like some guy said towards the bottom of this thread.

I doubt it. The change to KYTX was predictable and inevitable. Their box would not have fir int the logo box without being skewed and shrunk. Also, they were already branding as CBS 19, and I'm sure their CBS affiliation contract required them to "prominently cobrand" the network affiliation on their next graphic refresh like ABC forces their stations to do. For that, KIII will (most likely) have some form of ABC 3 in their branding when they switch.