TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

At least the Chew isn't a live show. But what's stopping them from airing it at 1PM?

1PM General Hospital (becomes SA Live September 8)

2PM Katie Couric (replaced with General Hospital September 8)

3PM Queen Latifah

4PM News and Inside Edition

Daytime's filled up.

And the Chew is live and day to date. They'll often have themed episodes that correspond with the day, like "Extra Value Friday". And on KSAT, that means it airs on Monday but is still labeled as "FRIDAY". That ticks me off. ABC needs to provide a same day early feed like they did with the soaps...

God, how can these stations get away with such preemptions? In 2014 of all ages?

This is one of the reasons since I consume lots of TV, where I'd rather live in an O&O market, not these sissy large affiliate markets.

Why not? ABC doesn't feed the show until noon central and they want to air a noon newscast. GH isn't fed until 1 central and maybe they want to air syndication at 2 and 3 and a local news at 4.

It kinda ticks me off because ABC is basically turning a blind eye to the differences of the central time zone, although I see that a lot here on this board from east coasters as well so I kinda expect it now. It's not WFAA's fault. They don't want to do an 11AM news like KXAS or O&O KTRK does. They want it at noon and The Chew is not flexible in that regard. It's not an issue in all the other time zones since the show would already be fed to those markets by that time.

There's certainly no reason why they shouldn't do it. I'm not too sure what the taping schedule is for The Chew, but if they tape within the day before the airing, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't offer an earlier 11am window for the show. And I don't blame WFAA having a 12pm news, since they'd had it for a minute. But since some stations are moving GH an hour later, I'm kind of shocked that WFAA haven't took advantage on moving The Chew to 1pm, and then GH at 2pm. I'm not sure what show will replace Katie at 3pm, unless Dr. Oz is moving to be their new 4pm news lead-in.

ABC did offer Port Charles at half hour earlier on the central time zone (11am) than the eastern stations which some would air their 12pm news at the time, and it would air PC afterwards at 12:30pm/ET, while some central stations air their 11:30am news.

Well, ICYDK Dr. Oz is moving to KDFW this fall and I don't have WFAA's daytime/afternoon schedule.

Wasn't aware that Fox 4 is joining the other O&Os to air Dr. Oz (except for WAGA, which they're giving it to WSB).

Belo8 have alot to fill in the afternoons now, huh?

3PM Queen Latifah

Daytime's filled up.

And the Chew is live and day to date. They'll often have themed episodes that correspond with the day, like "Extra Value Friday". And on KSAT, that means it airs on Monday but is still labeled as "FRIDAY". That ticks me off. ABC needs to provide a same day early feed like they did with the soaps...

Why not? ABC doesn't feed the show until noon central and they want to air a noon newscast. GH isn't fed until 1 central and maybe they want to air syndication at 2 and 3 and a local news at 4.

It kinda ticks me off because ABC is basically turning a blind eye to the differences of the central time zone, although I see that a lot here on this board from east coasters as well so I kinda expect it now. It's not WFAA's fault. They don't want to do an 11AM news like KXAS or O&O KTRK does. They want it at noon and The Chew is not flexible in that regard. It's not an issue in all the other time zones since the show would already be fed to those markets by that time.

I just looked up how to get tickets to The Chew and appears they tape two shows on Tuedays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 AM.

As for ABC time zone differences I believe they are the only network that does not offer a specific central time feed. I believe they expect the stations to tape delay their morning and day part programming. According to people that look for satellite wild feeds using a professional grade satellite receiver and a big ugly dish they only provide feeds for East, West and Mountain. It appears that CBS and Fox only offer East and West coast feeds while NBC provides the feeds for East, Central, Mountain and West.

I just looked up how to get tickets to The Chew and appears they tape two shows on Tuedays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 AM.

As for ABC time zone differences I believe they are the only network that does not offer a specific central time feed. I believe they expect the stations to tape delay their morning and day part programming. According to people that look for satellite wild feeds using a professional grade satellite receiver and a big ugly dish they only provide feeds for East, West and Mountain. It appears that CBS and Fox only offer East and West coast feeds while NBC provides the feeds for East, Central, Mountain and West.

On CBS, I think that is correct. KPHO has to time-shift programs off the satellite and during football season Sunday night shows are pockmarked with the (redundant) "Eye-lerts".

3PM Queen Latifah

Daytime's filled up.

Does anyone know if KSAT ever pre-empted Ryan's Hope, Match Game or the The Home Show in the late 80s/early 90s, for their noon newscasts?

Sometimes I wish KSAT was threatened with their ABC affiliation being taken away.

Does anyone know if KSAT ever pre-empted Ryan's Hope, Match Game or the The Home Show in the late 80s/early 90s, for their noon newscasts?

Sometimes I wish KSAT was threatened with their ABC affiliation being taken away.

I'm pretty sure KSAT only had 30 minute noon newscasts until 2004 when ABC gave that time back to the affiliates. There's some old noon newscasts from 12 in the 80's on YouTube that are only 30 minutes and I used to have a noon newscast from 2001 on tape and that was only 30 minutes as well.

And why would KSAT have their affiliation taken away? They're the dominant number one in the market and ABC does surprisingly well here. I doubt ABC cares as long as they get their reverse comp payments...

If The Chew were to run at 11am CT, then it would be at Noon ET. Would ABC want that for their eastern time zone affiliates?

He's not saying that. He's saying ABC should provide a separate feed for 11AM CT. But, the eastern stations can delay it until 1 so it's not a big deal. But, the networks seem to think that there are only two timezones in this country...

I tweeted John McCaa yesterday. He says WFAA will debut the Gannett graphics on Wednesday.

I also saw part of a Family Feud promo this morning that used the new graphics, and it looks like they're keeping their current logo (Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place here).

I tweeted John McCaa yesterday. He says WFAA will debut the Gannett graphics on Wednesday.

I also saw part of a Family Feud promo this morning that used the new graphics, and it looks like they're keeping their current logo (Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place here).

No. You posted in the right spot. Welcome to the board.

Are they launching the graphics at noon?

No exact timetable, but they will more than likely debut them at noon.

So far, the only WFAA personality who's warning people about the changes on social media is Jason Whitely. On air, they made no mention of the new website or graphics.