TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

Alright, I saw the commercial cbs4dallas was talking about. I captured it with my webcam since my new tuner hasn't come in yet. I'll recapture it over the weekend and post it in good quality. The graphics are actually launching the 14th, a Thursday.

[yt]AgNUFci5D54[/yt]

If you can make it out, they actually used the NBC cut in the promo. Your ears are not deceiving you.

And an additional treat, KENS 5's version of This Is Home! :awesome: :drool: :wub:

[yt]9Ob5scDPbm0[/yt]

This has not hit the airwaves yet so you're getting the early look at it. Wow, I'm in love with it. That's impressive. Still doesn't change my opinion of the crap that comes from G3 but the stuff KENS can do in-house, wow.

I also like how they worked the meanings of the colors in there without coming out and telling you (or mentioning USA Today lol).

Also, looks like KENS won't be adding the CBS eye to the open like the other Gannett stations have. I hope not, it would look awkward.

Tyler Sieswerda from KVUE explains about the new graphics on its website.

They didn't say when they'll debut the graphics, but might go for a wild guess (and take it with a grain of salt). If KENS 5 is launching on Thursday, I wouldn't be shocked if KVUE would launch on Tuesday. Similar to KGW & WVEC launches on that same week last month.

Well, those color-coded things are now heading towards the Lone Star.

...and while we're sharing "This is Home" promos...

Here is KGW's promo using the more "summer, upbeat" version of the Promo music:

[yt]TbX-kE_zTa8[/yt]

Tyler Sieswerda from KVUE explains about the new graphics on its website.

They didn't say when they'll debut the graphics, but might go for a wild guess (and take it with a grain of salt). If KENS 5 is launching on Thursday, I wouldn't be shocked if KVUE would launch on Tuesday. Similar to KGW & WVEC launches on that same week last month.

Well, those color-coded things are now heading towards the Lone Star.

KVUE also now has the "coming soon" banner as well as a video preview of the weather graphics on Facebook, so I'm throwing more salt into your prediction.

KREM is the only ex-Belo station that has neither the new graphics nor the new website, correct? Once those are all done, I would expect the ex-London stations to get the changes this fall.

WFAA, the ex-Belo flagship also has neither, but their website is in production (currently loaded with 2010 stories) -- ux.wfaa.com

KVUE this is home.

The KENS version is much better. Almost as if KVUE saw KENS promo and decided to rip it off.

Here is KGW's promo using the more "summer, upbeat" version of the Promo music:

Lame. In fact, my strangest suspicions are confirmed in this promo, that some news people don't know how to dance.

KVUE also now has the "coming soon" banner as well as a video preview of the weather graphics on Facebook, so I'm throwing more salt into your prediction.

As most of the stations used the "Coming Soon" (and of course it doesn't explain when the exact date of launch), those stations would implement the graphics within a week. As Tyler said on his twitter, "KVUE is going to look a little different next week." When next week is anyone's guess.

KVUE jus said on daybreak that it will debut the new graphics Tuesday 8/12 on their Midday newscasts.

What? Say that again? What did I say on Friday....

The KENS version is much better. Almost as if KVUE saw KENS promo and decided to rip it off.

Lame. In fact, my strangest suspicions are confirmed in this promo, that some news people don't know how to dance.

If you ask me, they all look the same. KENS' version looks like a rip off of KING (
). I think KING5 did a nicer job at executing their promo.

Although I do like KVUE's ending.

KENS' does look like a rip-off of KING's. KING's would've been good hadn't they used a huge-ass font for the "This is Weather, This is Life", etc.

But, local television for the most part has lost its individuality, so I expect a degree of sameness in all of them.

Alright, I saw the commercial cbs4dallas was talking about. I captured it with my webcam since my new tuner hasn't come in yet. I'll recapture it over the weekend and post it in good quality. The graphics are actually launching the 14th, a Thursday.

[yt]AgNUFci5D54[/yt]

If you can make it out, they actually used the NBC cut in the promo. Your ears are not deceiving you.

And an additional treat, KENS 5's version of This Is Home! :awesome: :drool: :wub:

[yt]9Ob5scDPbm0[/yt]

This has not hit the airwaves yet so you're getting the early look at it. Wow, I'm in love with it. That's impressive. Still doesn't change my opinion of the crap that comes from G3 but the stuff KENS can do in-house, wow.

I also like how they worked the meanings of the colors in there without coming out and telling you (or mentioning USA Today lol).

Also, looks like KENS won't be adding the CBS eye to the open like the other Gannett stations have. I hope not, it would look awkward.

I remember the days when the local news anchors were like my parents. You NEVER befriended your parents "back in the day." probably in the last 2 decades, it seems like there is this very inappropriate relationships between the viewer and the air talent. I don't like it.

Where's the authority in local TV these days?

I am still waiting to see what the ex-London Stations will look like, and when to expect changes.

Does anyone know if any of these stations (KIII, KCEN, etc) air the "Gannett: It's all within reach" plug at the end of their newscasts??

They do, as Al-SA-TX confirmed it here.