TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

So, they're gonna use the Gannett building blocks for their syndicated programs too? Didn't know Judge Judy was a part of the team there.

On the bright side... it DOES show improvement over their previous graphics. And that'd be the first time I've seen the bug animation not show the website next.

Forgive me, I do not know enough music packages, but is this just a cut of This is Home or is there another signature in it? Either way, this is probably the best version of TIH I've heard so far.

The base of it is TiH, but it *almost* sounds custom mixed with extra hits of the "This is Home" chords.

EDIT: That close though...that was something not in the TiH I've heard on the NMSA website...

The base of it is TiH, but it *almost* sounds custom mixed with extra hits of the "This is Home" chords.

EDIT: That close though...that was something not in the TiH I've heard on the NMSA website...

Lol I was just about to say that - very interesting, but kept the same music for the copyright.

The building blocks of the gannett look tie into their studio with the block plexiglass.

I'm telling you.... It would be awesome if they'd turn back on the lights and switch it with the rundown... blue lights for news, yellow for weather, green for money, etc.

Here is the opening video in HD... It's still processing the HD I believe, but it's up!:

2012194353_ScreenShot2014-07-31at12_30_41PM.thumb.jpg.6bd49546d715633ccf85faf37009e569.jpg

The building blocks of the gannett look tie into their studio with the block plexiglass.

I'm telling you.... It would be awesome if they'd turn back on the lights and switch it with the rundown... blue lights for news, yellow for weather, green for money, etc.

Here is the opening video in HD... It's still processing the HD I believe, but it's up!:

It is probably the best ex-Belo station to have their graphic "fit" their studio look, IMO

They're gonna have to work on that name. "WCNC News" would work just fine, but I think since they've built that "NBC Charlotte" name/brand (if you search for WCNC on Facebook, it "redirects to NBC Charlotte), they don't want to get rid of the ties they have with it.

But again, Deathstar PROBABLY wanted to lessen the O&O feel that the name held, so they forced those call letters in there in front.

I think that could be distracting for some, if the studio itself was constantly changing colors.

http://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?/topic/12313-wcnc-rebranded-to-nbc-charlotte-news/

The station has been confused at least since 2008 on branding. But the rebrand sorta of makes sense considering they are next to the NBC News Channel off of the Billy Graham Parkway.

I would also say that WCNC is literally the red headed step child of Belo's group.

FINALLY! WCNC IS NO LONGER A RED HEADED STEP CHILD!

I think that could be distracting for some, if the studio itself was constantly changing colors.

yeah.. but I mean if you looked at the line-up, they do group the stories together... so its not like it would be blue - green - blue - purple. They do keep the stories somewhat closer together.

I honestly don't care... just turn back on the lights please!

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/marketshare/2014/07/17/behind-the-doors-of-local-tv-consolidation-in-charlotte/

Here's an interesting article about tv consolidation, and wcnc is in the forefront of it.

I didn't know that the football helmet story was group-wide -- WVEC did their story in April. But I can see how WCNC and the other single-outlet stations (WHAS, WVEC) would benefit from the greater good of Gannett. They lacked the big power of being clustered like Texas and the Northwest stations. You could tell, not with WVEC so much, but looking at WHAS and WCNC, they were so far out of Daddy Belo's pockets, it was painful to see.

Maybe some improvements will come in the total product of these stations. We'll see.

http://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?/topic/12313-wcnc-rebranded-to-nbc-charlotte-news/

FINALLY! WCNC IS NO LONGER A RED HEADED STEP CHILD!

That's good news. However the NBC Charlotte to me was a little weird, because there low intelligent people who would probably affiliate WCNC as the NBC Network. I know people who get confused what's local and what's network. WVIT up in CT is the same thing (and I thought most of their systems had WVIT on 30.) Network + Market needs something in the middle - like a channel #. Do you like eating a sandwich without anything inside? ;)

From the clips I've seen thus far, i'm impreseed. It's a major improvement over the previous package, and even the Belo graphics that preceded them.

I like how they go back and forth on the bug from WCNC to CHARLOTTE, but my only critique is that the peacock is slightly off between the two graphics; they don't line up.

It's a breath of fresh air that brings them on a higher level with WBTV and WSOC, and with their new look, really ties in with their set. WBTV and WSOC look very cheap in comparison with their sets (and WSOC's aging graphics).