TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

Has any station ever switched out their graphics system while a news/weather emergency was taking place? This could be a first.

you're talking like the ones used for EAS? There probably is a downtime no less than 15 minutes I bet. Maybe an hour at the worse case. I'd assume (knowing general IT and older tech) is you prep up the new machine, switch over to the new one and shut down the old one in a timely matter to have a seamless cutover (to the viewer in this case.)

A hardware changeover would just swapping different cables into the switcher frame, something that would have been done before well before that day for rehearsals. If they kept the same hardware, it's just a matter of loading different templates.

I remember a couple of years ago, WDJT accidentally reverted to a previous graphics package's lower third during severe weather coverage. Apparently someone never bothered to clear it out of the Chyron. Whoops!

I did notice that! Keep in mind that the UX subdomain is the content staging and development site, so most likely, they'll fix that kink.

Check KENS5.com, they have multiple headings in Times Roman, not the Gannett font....

I got an update saying that the WCNC graphics were moved, once again, to Thursday at noon. Apparently the news department wanted more time to practice with the graphics. However they already have a promo showing the launch of the new look for July 30th. We'll see...

I got an update saying that the WCNC graphics were moved, once again, to Thursday at noon. Apparently the news department wanted more time to practice with the graphics. However they already have a promo showing the launch of the new look for July 30th. We'll see...

I can see why they need more practice.

When you are dealing with a brand that's bigger than a USA Today, I can see why they got clearance to do that.

I think I saw an updated promo this morning that changed it from the 30th to "coming soon"

I'm watching their (WCNC's) stream online right now... I wonder if Charlotte Today's graphics will change tomorrow...

That first warn logo looks terrible there!!! I noticed that when Brad posted a Sharknado video like 2 days ago!!!!

They aren't the only station to put that there. One of the NW cluster stations does the same thing.

Guest NewsHound

That brand...Yikes. Can we try to make it any longer? How about Carolina's Newschannel WCNC NBC 36 Charlotte News?

Just stick with WCNC News, and be done with it.

I'm uploading a video of the open and like first minute or so, now. I'll get a montage up of all the new graphics on youtube hopefully by the end of today. So far, so good.... It actually makes their newscast seem much better than it used to be, IMO.