TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

The L3 logo... I'm not sure that they've finished coloring it. The words "News" and "Now" are supposed to be gold colored like the 13 is. And I'm surprised they didn't sting the music as well.

Umm, isn't Sports a darker shade of red and Breaking News a brighter shade of red? Either WVEC messed up the colours accidentally, switched them deliberately or a update came across from Gannett and I haven't been notified.

I noticed that too.

Overall, it doesn't look as out of place as I thought it would. I thought the darker colors would clash with the relative brightness of the studio.

Umm, isn't Sports a darker shade of red and Breaking News a brighter shade of red? Either WVEC messed up the colours accidentally, switched them deliberately or a update came across from Gannett and I haven't been notified.

That's the same thing I was thinking. Even the three-Belo are using the reds correctly. This got to be the station's doing, unless they fix it in time for their launch.

This will be the 2nd Gannett station (after WLTX) to debut the new graphics during a sweep period.

OMG - why are they treating the Gannett ownership like they owned them for years? It is not scandalous to say "our new parent company."

BTW on a side note - because I live far far away from a Belo station, I noticed watching KHOU 11 recently that the OTS are to the far right of the screen. Do they single-stream their channels as HD only or does the OTS get cut off when watching on an SDI channel?

OMG - why are they treating the Gannett ownership like they owned them for years? It is not scandalous to say "our new parent company."

BTW on a side note - because I live far far away from a Belo station, I noticed watching KHOU 11 recently that the OTS are to the far right of the screen. Do they single-stream their channels as HD only or does the OTS get cut off when watching on an SDI channel?

It gets cut off and it is annoying as hell. Also cut off is the live bug and the secondary "segment" bug

It gets cut off and it is annoying as hell. Also cut off is the live bug and the secondary "segment" bug

well that really sucks. As I said before, I love that graphics package, but that's just really po​or execution. I think this is consistent to the other stations because I saw a WVEC clip on YouTube with the same problem. A little cutoff is understandable but if its way off the frame, need I say more?

Well it makes the case to push the Gannett graphics, to be fair.

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I've been out of town for a few days. However I talked with someone, and they said the graphics have been pushed back to July 26th. They were pushed back by Gannett. Like it has been mentioned by other posters, WCNC is now running promos teasing the new website. Not entirely sure of a launch date for that.

well that really sucks. As I said before, I love that graphics package, but that's just really po​or execution. I think this is consistent to the other stations because I saw a WVEC clip on YouTube with the same problem. A little cutoff is understandable but if its way off the frame, need I say more?

Well it makes the case to push the Gannett graphics, to be fair.

If the ots was all the way cut off (like the live bug is) it would be one thing. But on an SD feed a portion of the graphic (20 - 25%) is visible in the frame, which made it even more ridiculous.

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I've been out of town for a few days. However I talked with someone, and they said the graphics have been pushed back to July 26th. They were pushed back by Gannett. Like it has been mentioned by other posters, WCNC is now running promos teasing the new website. Not entirely sure of a launch date for that.

If this sticks (I hope it does), that would be the first weekend launch of the new graphics......

Will all the ex-Belo stations get the updates before the recent London acquisitions? Or could they go out of order?

I will speculate and say that since none of the Texas clustered ex-Belo stations have them, and all of the London stations have them they wouldn't do them out of order.

But they've surprised me thus far with the rollout, so, no telling.

Just a random thought --

I was looking through the Gannett properties and I think it'll be interesting to see how much the two ex-London Fox affiliates (KIDY/KXVA) will shape up and be changed by the Deathstar. From what I've found, they haven't held a Fox station outright, if ever.

If the ots was all the way cut off (like the live bug is) it would be one thing. But on an SD feed a portion of the graphic (20 - 25%) is visible in the frame, which made it even more ridiculous.

although their OTS is awesome when a B-roll runs, IIRC, the B-roll zooms on screen - like its 1982 again!

Just a random thought --

I was looking through the Gannett properties and I think it'll be interesting to see how much the two ex-London Fox affiliates (KIDY/KXVA) will shape up and be changed by the Deathstar. From what I've found, they haven't held a Fox station outright, if ever.

Affiliation changes perhaps? Although I am not sure when the existing affiliations with others expire.

Found the wcnc.com beta of the gannett site design while searching on the web.... http://ux.wcnc.com

How I got to it.... Search wcnc masthead (that's the name if the file) then I clicked on the image and it brought me to the new site. Maybe it will work with other stations? It looks like it has dummy content right now though

I tried ux.wfaa.com to no success (it was the first Belo station that came to mind). So I would assume that they are building these new sites one at a time.

It should be noted that you can replace "www" with "ux" on any Gannett website using Presto - e.g., ux.wkyc.com, ux.wgrz.com, ux.ktvb.com - and still access their main websites.

EDIT: I tried out ux.kgw.com... and it has the Presto layout with content populated. But oddly enough, no logo.

I suspect the KGW logo change was something that just came about very very recently. The NWCN open which had the new KREM logo had the now old KGW logo.

Did anyone noticed to the KREM's new logo?

KREM.jpg

KHOU's actually looks like a live website, with the most real content as opposed to dummy content. [Never mind. They are testing by posting a lot of old stories. That said, it is fun to see the website update almost every five minutes with a bunch of different "new" stories. Maybe they are trying to move their entire archives to the new site.]