TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

Wait, so it's pronounced like "Ghenette"?

I've been thinking it was like "Gannit" for years. :bang:

The pronunciation Is on the second syllable (according to their annual reports) so I think of it as a rhyme to Annette.

I read this as an anonymous comment on GannettBlog.blogspot.com "Gannett: The accent is on the second syllable - just like 'incompetent'."

What's next are we going to find out Target is actually pronounced Tarjay.

Every time a disingenuous plug for USA Today is made ("one of the nation's leading newspapers!"**) I lose at least ten brain cells.

**According to a survey of randomly-selected motel and hotel housekeepers.

You gotta love a periodical that reads like an elementary school literary magazine. Plus it's full color and has thick margins!

Every time a disingenuous plug for USA Today is made ("one of the nation's leading newspapers!"**) I lose at least ten brain cells.

**According to a survey of randomly-selected motel and hotel housekeepers.

He had his obligatory copy of USA Today at the ready... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The mops are coming out at KING, which is apparently now running a promo featuring mainstay Jean Enersen mopping away the old graphics. Gannett's look is coming June 18.

Where's the vid at? I want to see it.

I can't find it anymore, maybe it was taken down.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but have any of the former Belo stations moved to the Gannett graphics?

Unless WCNC would play Speed Racer with their HD launch (very unlikely), KING 5 would end up being the first post-Belo station with the new graphics. I would most certainly miss The Tower v.2 on the station.

Here it is:

No I was talking about what Raymie described of Jean sweeping the old graphics in to the newer graphics.

I wasn't talking about that vid. I've seen previous vids at which they'd use the new Gannett design for promos. But thanks for showing me that vid. I wonder if NWCN would also get the graphics as well.

I knew about the pronunciation issue regarding Gannett as I live in a market where Guy Gannett Broadcasting operated stations (Portland, Maine) and remembered Gannett pronounced correctly from when they owned WLVI in Boston. As for the current Gannett graphics, I don't like the L3s but otherwise they're okay. I miss the old vertical rundown on the left side of the screen. I'm not really sold on having the newspapers and TV stations use the same web template.