Chicago's "ABC7 News" Rebranding to "Eyewitness News"

IndyNewsGuy

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what's crazy? All of these work...REALLY WELL.

These graphics have magical powers!!!

You are 100% RIGHT!!!! OMG these graphics contain more magic than what we have first thought. This is the package of the decade, if not the century so far!!!

Looking on Facebook, the response to the cover photo (above) and the overall rebrand is overwhelmingly positive. General consensus says that the theme and logo are a really nice throwback, and the change as a whole is welcomed. Mark this one in the success column. As for myself, I've watched the talent open about 30 times. I'll try and get something up during the late show.

I'm just curious as to what theme is in store for the morning.

Only one flaw, the close. I feel the font doesn't fit the bottom where it says "Copyright WLS, etc". Other than that, it is amazing. Don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I know I do.

Yes, I totally agree. Like I mentioned before, the only thing - THE ONLY THING I don't really care for is the font. But while much of this package (namely the lower thirds) has a WABC 2011 vibe, WLS has cleaned up a lot of the mistakes made in New York.

Looking on Facebook, the response to the cover photo (above) and the overall rebrand is overwhelmingly positive. General consensus says that the theme and logo are a really nice throwback, and the change as a whole is welcomed. Mark this one in the success column. As for myself, I've watched the talent open about 30 times. I'll try and get something up during the late show.

I'm just curious as to what theme is in store for the morning.

I know, who doesn't like this package? I am also curious about the morning theme, as I do think it will be like a variation (like the new Enforcer NG4 has a morning, midday, and nighttime theme). I have not found the talent open yet on YouTube, so I can't review that. Yes, I agree, and so should everyone that the change has been a smooth, positive, and a successful one.

I know, who doesn't like this package? I am also curious about the morning theme, as I do think it will be like a variation (like the new Enforcer NG4 has a morning, midday, and nighttime theme). I have not found the talent open yet on YouTube, so I can't review that. Yes, I agree, and so should everyone that the change has been a smooth, positive, and a successful one.

I'll have something better at 10, but I'll work on putting up the 6 now.

Okay, it's off my computer, but if you watch it in HD, it doesn't totally look like crap. How y'all enjoy! I'll be back with a wrap-up of the early show sometime tomorrow afternoon, as I'll be out all morning.

Did I mention how much this kicks ass? Just checking.

[yt]dHnNPGMP8Ks[/yt]

The 6 AM open sounded like it was straight out of the Eyewitness News package. The teases seem to be using the same exact music as the evening newscasts. I hope they have something better that maybe we'll see tomorrow.

They just played the talent open. Sounds like all Eyewitness News. No NS2000+ signature or anything.

The 6 AM open sounded like it was straight out of the Eyewitness News package. The teases seem to be using the same exact music as the evening newscasts. I hope they have something better that maybe we'll see tomorrow.

They just played the talent open. Sounds like all Eyewitness News. No NS2000+ signature or anything.

I think the talent open has a little of the signature, but yeah, they did not try on the short open. It's EWN, out of the box.

But I do like the ticker. (It looks like KABC's, but white.)

I am recording and watching the 8AM news. And this is nearly perfection. The L3's font is a little weird, but overall amazing.

With I watching EWN in NY a lot, and watching KABC online sometimes, I feel like this is a fusion of both packages! The L3's is 90% WABC's, which I what I noticed first.

Archived