Chicago's "ABC7 News" Rebranding to "Eyewitness News"

IndyNewsGuy

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the live stream now...

I really like their new graphics. There's so much movement to everything.

The music has changed. I don't know what it is, but it's not the old News Series 2000 Plus. RIP :(

EDIT: It does seem to be a much newer version of NS2000+. It actually sounds really nice! (But...you can't top the original.)

I'm surprised that they decided to animate in every single lower third. I like it, but I assume some people won't. Who else animates their lower thirds in/out in this market? Just WBBM?

(IMO, WMAQ is the worst for always using hard cuts on their lower thirds. It just looks wrong)

So will every newscast now do the talent as a rejoin instead of as an open?

I can live with that.

BTW, I'm putting up a photo album after the late show tonight.

This package would be an A+, but I'm not entirely sold on the font choice, but that's literally my only reservation.

The theme's not bad, it lacks a lot of the personality of the old package, but it does have most of the signatures, and is done fairly well.

At least it's not Eyewitness News. I will miss the old NS2K+ dearly, but in the long run, I think WLS went with the right path on this one. And besides, the talent open pretty much makes up for its shortcomings.

Others won't, but I would like to personally apologize to John Idler and all management, for I wholeheartedly believe they got this right. I had my doubts and worries, but they've really outdone themselves. Anyone who believes that he does not understand the history of this station is FLAT OUT WRONG. 'ABC 7 Eyewitness News' has exceeded every expectation I had, and for that, I stand and applaud.

Oh, and one more thing...something about the theme doesn't sound like Gari work. Is it possible...?

Wow! Just amazing. Not 100%, but like 95% overall with the gfx and music. Is this better than the CBS O&O gfx/music debut, yes, but not by much. I like the CBS one too, but this one is better. I really hope this gfx package will be the new gfx on WABC that were rumored to come around the November sweeps.

Archived