Chicago's "ABC7 News" Rebranding to "Eyewitness News"

IndyNewsGuy

Is there any chance the new graphics would debut Saturday morning or will it be Saturday evening/night at the earliest? I'm regretting not recording tonight's 10pm just in case it's the last newscast with the old graphics/name.

From the last changes, they wouldn't do it on a Saturday morning, which were implemented on the Saturday Evenings' news, as per 6/3/05 graphics debut & 1/6/07 HD launch. Now the 2001 look debuted on a Monday, 4/2/01, which also debuted their current morning theme and the last set from upstairs.

I'm praying that News Series 2000 Plus survives this upcoming graphics change.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the first time in don't know how many years that all 4 major Chicago O&O stations will have the newest graphics offered for O&O stations.

WBBM- Newest CBS Graphics

WMAQ- Newest NBC Graphics (Look F)

WLS- Newest ABC Graphics that are available

WFLD- Newest FOX O&O graphics

It seems like every time one station upgraded to the newest stuff, at least 1 stuck with their old graphics. WFLD update to the previous package, WMAQ stayed with Look A (Look B was available) and WLS with what they have now. WBBM upgrade to previous Arial package, again WMAQ (Look C was available) and WLS remained the same. NBC 5 seemed to keep Chicago outdated with their Look A package when every other NBC O&O was on Looks B, C, D, F and G.

During a pre-recorded package that just aired, Ravi signed off with, "Ravi Baichwal, ABC 7 Eyewitness News"

This really makes me think we'll see the change today on the evening show.

My DVR is pretty much set for every weekend show, and morning, 4 and 10 through Thursday.

My family's gonna dislike me for this.

Tonight's evening show and late night show will air at ?:?? PM thanks to college football. grr. Gonna have to manually record them.

I recorded both the news at 6 and "Wheel" this evening. Later on? I'm going 10:30 to midnight, but I'll also be up that late. 12:15 might not be a terrible idea, if you're unsure.

Frankly, the football coverage is the main reason why I'm doubting a launch for tonight.

*goes to check on the status of the college football game*

Wow, the game only has 2 and a half minutes left in the 4th? I guess the news is gonna start on time. Wow.

That's unless they do bonus coverage. NC State vs FSU is on other ABC affiliates. Especially WABC & KABC.

*goes to check on the status of the college football game*

Wow, the game only has 2 and a half minutes left in the 4th? I guess the news is gonna start on time. Wow.

Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah...not so fast.

Don't be surprised if they jump to another game.

So, just caught a promo for "Judy Hsu...Weekdays at 4:30" promo, with ABC 7 News label. Yes, there's going to be some bleed-over, but I might be getting a little ahead of myself.

This is me trying to cover me ass if things don't go down tonight.

Archived