Alycia Lane out at KNBC

nicksair

I kind of saw this coming. KNBC keep changing anchors and weather personalities. This is the 5th big change in a matter of a year.

Yup and pretty soon they are demoting current morning meteorologist Elita Loresca to the weekend shift, and in her place new comer Crystal Egger will be the new weekday morning meteorologist. IMHO if your a new comer to a station you should get the weekend shift and work your way up. Now I can understand if Elita was actually leaving the station and Crystal was replacing her, however Elita isn't leaving she's just being demoted which sucks for her and from what I have seen from ppl in the tv news business they left not long after being demoted from a 5 day M - F schedule, to a weekend 2 weekdays off kinda a schedule.

Has channel 5 formally filled the vacancy left by Michaela?

No. I assume they were going to give it to Megan Henderson or Courtney but it still vacant. That's why I say Alycia could potentially turn up at Channel 5 even when the odds are unlikely.

I'm certain Jessica Holmes replaced Michaela on the KTLA Morning News. Alycia wouldn't be a good fit there anyways. It's a shame what Today in LA has become. The beginning of the end started when Christopher Nance got tied up in that harassment scandal in the late 90s, early 00s. Then Kent and Kathy left...that was the BIG dagger! The show was somewhat watchable with Chris Schauble and Kelly Mack (I was a big Kelly Mack fan). The smart move would be to bring Kathy Vara back since she made a second comeback a few years ago, but got put on weekend nights and weekday reporting. SMH...sad what such a ratings powerhouse has become.

I'm certain Jessica Holmes replaced Michaela on the KTLA Morning News. Alycia wouldn't be a good fit there anyways. It's a shame what Today in LA has become. The beginning of the end started when Christopher Nance got tied up in that harassment scandal in the late 90s, early 00s. Then Kent and Kathy left...that was the BIG dagger! The show was somewhat watchable with Chris Schauble and Kelly Mack (I was a big Kelly Mack fan). The smart move would be to bring Kathy Vara back since she made a second comeback a few years ago, but got put on weekend nights and weekday reporting. SMH...sad what such a ratings powerhouse has become.

No, Jessica is the 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. anchor. Both Jessica and Megan are filling in on KTLA morning news. And do you think this is the last we will see of Alycia. She's a good anchor with some "baggage." She may need to go back to Miami. If Sharon Reed (former morning anchor at WCAU) could bounce back twice (WOIO and now at KMOV) then I think she can too. I see her doing one of 2 things. Going in a different market or be a correspondent on a entertainment news show like ET or Access Hollywood.

Sounds like CNN will need more people from ABC.... :bang:

Hmmm... Bill Weir replacing Chris Cuomo? In my opinion, Chris seems like an a** off camera and I will never watch him.

I never liked Chris Cuomo he always thinks everything is about him and the show is all his and whatever. I tried to watch the show but just can't take him and his obnoxious attitude. I can see why Michaela isn't happy there.

Archived