CTV News - graphics relaunch

ED2

Tonight, promos for CTV National News ran with some new graphics incorporating the Newschannel version of the CTV News logo. I would expect some new graphics to launch tonight.

The current graphics set has been around since 2008, with the news music since 2004. I wonder what's in store for the local stations...

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like CTV Kitchener revealed a new set at the 8th of October, with the background and the desk looking like the CTV News Channel/current CTV National News look. Possible local verison of the graphics coming 2014?

http://dctvb.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/ctvknewset.png

And CKCO will be in HD when pigs fly.

Yeah, I love how CTV is supposedly the big network here in Canada, and yet even its rivals managed to get HD/widescreen newscasts going across the board before them. Even more ironic is that apparently, they can do 16:9 live shots, but they can only show them on the monitor on-set. Lazy!

• 3 months later...

Archived