New CBS O&O Graphics Begin Rollout

Weeters

The graphics we first told you about last week have begun rolling out on CBS O&O stations across the country. So far, KYW, WCBS, and KCBS have debut them with signs that additional stations, such as KCNC in Denver, will follow shortly.

KYW Video from TVNT member HulkieD:

WCBS Montage from TVNT member Geoffrey/newsbyte2.blogspot.com

Click here to view the article

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting... the "Expect More" image promo has been playing on KDKA for a month now. I wonder if it's being implemented company wide, or if one of the CSDs liked the others work.

WBBM has not used the campaign. They've latched onto the network's 'Original Reporting' moniker for promos and featured segments.

Interesting... the "Expect More" image promo has been playing on KDKA for a month now. I wonder if it's being implemented company wide, or if one of the CSDs liked the others work. because Peter Dunn really liked the slogan.

Went and fixed that for ya.

Interesting... the "Expect More" image promo has been playing on KDKA for a month now. I wonder if it's being implemented company wide, or if one of the CSDs liked the others work. because Peter Dunn really liked the slogan. Peter Dunn came up with the slogan.

Went and fixed that for ya.

Fixed that some more.

Because I spend way too much time looking at and thinking about these things, I wrote a post about some of my observations and complaints about the new graphics as they appear on WCBS, including the fact that the lower-thirds can't display apostrophes (!!) and that they should be putting reporters'/anchors' Twitter names on the L3s instead of just @cbsnewyork.

I have mixed feelings on the new look. The graphics look very nice, much less repetitive than the old look. My only complaint would be that sometimes things look a little too flat. The big spinning CBS eyes were generic, but they did look pretty sharp in comparison to some of the flat elements now. I also don't like the incorporation of gold into the logo. To me it looks more unified and neat in one color.. Again though, the package as a whole is a refreshing step up.

As far as the new Enforcer series goes, I think it's a step down from NG2, at least what I've heard so far. Some of the cuts start off pretty strong, but then as another poster says it's almost like two cuts are playing simultaneously. Strange.

Because I spend way too much time looking at and thinking about these things, I wrote a post about some of my observations and complaints about the new graphics as they appear on WCBS, including the fact that the lower-thirds can't display apostrophes (!!) and that they should be putting reporters'/anchors' Twitter names on the L3s instead of just @cbsnewyork.

Great uploads of the new look. Any chance you could post a video of the updated morning open at some point down the line? I'm sort of curious to see how the old Enforcer cut looks with the new look.

Man take a :chill: . You really can't stand Jessica Dean. What did Jess do to you to make you upset?

She's not that bad, I've seen her on KARK, she seemed to do a good job and got along with Bob Clausen.

It's not just her, though. I'm not going to name names, but lately it seems like CBS has not necessarily been hiring female talent based on their journalistic qualifications.

...To put it nicely.

It's not just her, though. I'm not going to name names, but lately it seems like CBS has not necessarily been hiring female talent based on their journalistic qualifications.

...To put it nicely.

Bingo.

I'm not going into the whole thing, but I dislike this whole Jessica Dean thing not just because of her (and I'm sure she's a wonderful human being), but there's clearly a trend of putting a certain kind of personality into prominent anchor slots. Kens and Barbies, in the most literal sense of the term. People who can't handle cues on air or mispronounce day in or day out.

And while CBS keeps searching for the next Steve Doll or Tits McGee, veterans who in all rights should get the slot are shunted into the background. There is no reason why Natasha shouldn't be anchoring next to Chris. None.

Worst of all, it seems that decisions from anchors to what kind of color the three is going to be are all dictated from corporate. They're all becoming WCBS clones, and thatt's a very horrible thing. That's arguably why WFOR is bombing in Miami right now.

And it becomes just more apparent when you look at WPVI, which carefully develops its talents to be anchor-ready. Or WCAU, where they're hiring local natives or good reporters - and just some pretty damned good lineups in general.

Great uploads of the new look. Any chance you could post a video of the updated morning open at some point down the line? I'm sort of curious to see how the old Enforcer cut looks with the new look.

Thanks! I should have said that they're still using the new theme for the opens but the old theme for all the bumpers in the morning. Not sure why. It's kind of weird.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived