Good Morning America updated studio

BehindNYNews

I wouldn't be surprised if the weekday GMA moved back to ABC HQ. They have moved all ABC Programming their recently, even This Week is in NY now! They could give GMA a much bigger space as well. They by far have the smallest set in morning TV right now.

It's still arguably the best set in morning TV, though. I don't know that studio space is the issue, but if they moved the studio, they'd move all the offices, and I don't know that ABC HQ has enough space.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like GMA finally had enough sense to take down the video monitors that were over the windows facing Times Square. It never really made sense why they wanted to cover all their windows, the inside-outside interaction is the point of being in Times Square. (Isn't is?) Here's a pic from this morning...

1054996697_BdDhcm0IMAAosZ0.jpglarge.thumb.jpg.d05db087c25e3df5d7dfdbea407f5475.jpg

It looks like GMA finally had enough sense to take down the video monitors that were over the windows facing Times Square. It never really made sense why they wanted to cover all their windows, the inside-outside interaction is the point of being in Times Square. (Isn't is?) Here's a pic from this morning...

This never made sense to me. Since the move to the lower deck studio, it's always been about interaction with the crowd outside. They can see inside. Then the producers put in projection screens in those windows. Where is the sense in that?

(And how do they put them there and how do they fit inside?)

Well, they weren't totally uncalled for. You never know what's going to happen right outside the window. Inappropriate signs, vulgar gestures, etc. that might accidentally make it into a camera shot. Didn't someone shoot himself on Today's plaza?

Well, they weren't totally uncalled for. You never know what's going to happen right outside the window. Inappropriate signs, vulgar gestures, etc. that might accidentally make it into a camera shot. Didn't someone shoot himself on Today's plaza?

Now that you put it, that really makes sense.

I think you have a point, but just like a couple of years ago when a man jumped over the barrier at the Today Show and tried to jump Meredith Viera...you just need quick actions in the control room. The same idea would be for any nappropriate signs, vulgar gestures, etc. But I do kind of agree with you.

They might have been doing some exterior work, had some scaffolding up or something, and couldn't use the windows as a backdrop. Yes, it seems like a really expensive temp fix, but you never know.

They might have been doing some exterior work, had some scaffolding up or something, and couldn't use the windows as a backdrop. Yes, it seems like a really expensive temp fix, but you never know.

There wasn't any exterior work being done... You would've seen it in all the exterior shots they do each morning.

• 2 weeks later...

They took off the two small side screens on the weather wall. Check it out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHHB0vfk6WI

Looking at the first pictures at the beginning of this thread, it seems as if those two monitors and the corresponding part of the pedestal was detachable from the get-go. Perhaps it was in another part of the studio this morning?

Picking up Amy Robach is the best decision ABC has made in years. She does so well with the rest of the team and think she has proved herself a worthy as a major lead of any ABC program, should a position open. Hard to believe It's coming up on two years since she left NBC.

Picking up Amy Robach is the best decision ABC has made in years. She does so well with the rest of the team and think she has proved herself a worthy as a major lead of any ABC program, should a position open. Hard to believe It's coming up on two years since she left NBC.

I'm pretty sure if any position opens on GMA, minus Georges seat (Josh would get that and Amy would get Josh's seat), Amy is getting it. She has just connected so well with the team.

• 2 weeks later...

They took off the two small side screens on the weather wall. Check it out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHHB0vfk6WI

They have added them back in again. For whatever reason, since they initially updated their studio (Sept 16--same day as Today Show {a coincidence???}) it's like the producers decide at 2 am that they want to change a part of the set and then 2 weeks later they realize their mistake. It's getting old.

They have added them back in again. For whatever reason, since they initially updated their studio (Sept 16--same day as Today Show {a coincidence???}) it's like the producers decide at 2 am that they want to change a part of the set and then 2 weeks later they realize their mistake. It's getting old.

I personally like it. It to me shows that they're not asleep at the wheel just because they're solidly in the top spot. Small things like this and changing the colors of the background soft set area etc show that they're still tweaking with the shows look and keeping such as the look and feel of the studio fresh.

• 2 weeks later...

They've updated the set with Olympic elements. One notable change is that they replaced the yellow gma logo in front of the anchor desk with a sign which has the GMA logo on top with "at the Olympics" bellow and Sochi 2014 under that. They also replaced the bands on the desk with a light blue color (i think to resemble ice). They also replaced the curved element behind Josh's chair to match the bands on the desk. It is amazing how versatile the set is and this is just another example. Im just wondering why they would change the whole set even though they aren't broadcasting the games and will be in NY not in Sochi. Just saying the Today set could never be changed like this.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/files/2014/02/GMA-wears-red.jpg

This set change resembles their set in Sochi: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151876931637061&set=a.82102942060.92078.59306617060&type=1&theater

Archived