Good Morning America updated studio

BehindNYNews

Highlights include a huge weather center, updated colors on the desk with less "ribbons", a news ticker is now part of the set, they replaced wood throughout the studio with white brick/stone and blue fixtures as well as new floors. Also, where they usually do one on one interviews, they now have a screen behind it.

Overall nice improvements, I really like the white bricks (same as the ones on the new Nightline set) and after seeing so much orange over at Today, its nice to see less orange on the updated GMA set.

newscaststudio.com/2013/09/16/gma-quietly-updates-set-adds-large-monitor/

GMA did some more changes this morning to the set. They added a yellow ribbon to the desk, changed some of the glowing blue to orange and added back some of the former screen loops, as seen next to Lara. I think the updates this morning really make this set even better then yesterday's update.

OTS with title

Coming Up

I'm wondering if Monday was a trial run for a top to bottom refresh. Based on the image loop from yesterday, maybe some updated (not brand new) graphics are coming soon, and will fit better with a blue set. I also noticed a new headline bed at the top of the show. However, both Monday and today were busy, news-heavy mornings that might have necessitated a more serious theme.

• 2 weeks later...

just saw GMA weekend and it appears they got GMA's sloppy seconds. They received the old GMA desk from before the update and use removable panels with the circular wood design on the nightline set.

Not quite. They remodeled before Times Square got a refresh.

Why don't they use the same set? Anyone know?

Times Square is rented by the hour. Yes, Disney owns the building, but somehow ABC News pays. It's cheaper to do the weekend shows uptown, and that's the same reason Nightline went to the headquarters a few years ago.

Not quite. They remodeled before Times Square got a refresh.

Times Square is rented by the hour. Yes, Disney owns the building, but somehow ABC News pays. It's cheaper to do the weekend shows uptown, and that's the same reason Nightline went to the headquarters a few years ago.

That has to be the single most stupid thing I have ever heard.

i don't get why they use the street level studio. They try to give it the illusion of the upstairs location by making the home base background a feed from the upper floors. They also use the new weather board as a fake window, also with an elevated camera feed. Why don't they just use the upstairs set because they don't really use the windows anymore?

i don't get why they use the street level studio. They try to give it the illusion of the upstairs location by making the home base background a feed from the upper floors. They also use the new weather board as a fake window, also with an elevated camera feed. Why don't they just use the upstairs set because they don't really use the windows anymore?

Because its faster for everyone to move from inside and outside.

That has to be the single most stupid thing I have ever heard.

The Times Square thing is nothing. I've been privy to the inner workings of Time Warner. You have not heard the fights between Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. over their content. Or the fact that Adult Swim was pissed off that TBS co-opted their rights to Family Guy.

There is a reason the AOL Time Warner merger failed miserably. They wanted synergy, and Time Warner is literally the place where synergy goes to die.

The Times Square thing is nothing. I've been privy to the inner workings of Time Warner. You have not heard the fights between Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. over their content. Or the fact that Adult Swim was pissed off that TBS co-opted their rights to Family Guy.

There is a reason the AOL Time Warner merger failed miserably. They wanted synergy, and Time Warner is literally the place where synergy goes to die.

Why can't they all just get along? TBS & Adult Swim are under the same boat?!! Besides Family Guy & American Dad are aired 25 million times a day. It isn't like the consumers are going to miss a beat.

• 1 month later...

Now that I'm seeing Ginger at the new weather center regularly, it seems evident that those monitors were well placed for someone of Sam's size. Ginger looks a bit dwarfed. They ought to consider lowering the monitors a few inches (though the setup looks fixed) or placing a platform for her to step up onto.

I wouldn't be surprised if the weekday GMA moved back to ABC HQ. They have moved all ABC Programming their recently, even This Week is in NY now! They could give GMA a much bigger space as well. They by far have the smallest set in morning TV right now.

Archived