Sibila Vargas is Noon and 6 p.m co-anchor at WNBC

Daybreak

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chuck was there day one, and I saw somewhere on Twitter that Chuck seemed far more comfortable on the first day with Vargas than in a year and a half with Russell.

IMO I feel Tom & Shiba are a better team then Chuck & Shiba. Could in the future Shiba be taken off the 11 PM and just do the 5 PM alongside Tom and do the noon again alongside Rob? And Sibila replacing Shiba on the 11 PM?

Now I believe they are going to replace Shiba with Sibila at 11. It a shame because the main problem is how WNBC handled the Sue Simmons transition. If it was the other way around these same people would say Shiba is a breathe of air. IMO Shiba just got in a messy situation. She is really a good anchor. Both are so lets not speculate and just appreciate WNBC now.

They are going to replace Shiba with Sibila at 11. It a shame because the main problem is how WNBC handled the Sue Simmons transition. If it was the other way around these same people would say Shiba is a breathe of air. IMO Shiba just got in a messy situation. She is really a good anchor. Both are so lets not speculate and just appreciate WNBC now.

Where did you hear this?

Both Shiba and Sibila are good anchors however I think Shiba & Tom work better together then Shiba & Chuck and from what I've heard seems like Sibila and Chuck work better together. So in the future it could be Shiba & Tom, Sibila and Chuck. By the way has anyone actually seen Tom doing any reporting? Supposedly he was yanked off the noon show to become more involved in the I-Team, but I haven't seen him doing any reporting? Maybe it was in haste to make room for Rob Schmitt to be on the anchor desk?

Both Shiba and Sibila are good anchors however I think Shiba & Tom work better together then Shiba & Chuck and from what I've heard seems like Sibila and Chuck work better together. So in the future it could be Shiba & Tom, Sibila and Chuck. By the way has anyone actually seen Tom doing any reporting? Supposedly he was yanked off the noon show to become more involved in the I-Team, but I haven't seen him doing any reporting? Maybe it was in haste to make room for Rob Schmitt to be on the anchor desk?

He was doing the news on Weekend Today.

He was doing the news on Weekend Today.

Oh I know that I saw him today he fills in on the today show every now and then. What I wanted to know has anyone actually seen him doing any field reporting? Like what Rob does for the 5 & 6 PM shows. Yes I've seen him filing reports for National NBC, but has he actually filed any reports from the field for WNBC?

Oh I know that I saw him today he fills in on the today show every now and then. What I wanted to know has anyone actually seen him doing any field reporting? Like what Rob does for the 5 & 6 PM shows. Yes I've seen him filing reports for National NBC, but has he actually filed any reports from the field for WNBC?

Yes I have seen some I team reports from Tom this past week, most recently earlier this morning on Today in NY.

Yes I have seen some I team reports from Tom this past week, most recently earlier this morning on Today in NY.

But was it a live report from the field? Not like a story Tom did with his VO that aired during the morning newscast. That's what I'm wondering.

But was it a live report from the field? Not like a story Tom did with his VO that aired during the morning newscast. That's what I'm wondering.

No I don't believe Tom is doing any live reporting for WNBC unless it's some big story.

No I don't believe Tom is doing any live reporting for WNBC unless it's some big story.

What a gyp he was basically pulled off the noon anchor desk so that Rob can be put on the anchor desk (Tom does still have the 5 though). Rob isn't bad either but just saying.

What a gyp he was basically pulled off the noon anchor desk so that Rob can be put on the anchor desk (Tom does still have the 5 though). Rob isn't bad either but just saying.

I have a theory that wnbc is a short term plan for Tom and he's really making his way up to NBC news in the coming years. He's already doing fill in work on weekend today. Idk but something with him just tells me he's looking to move up.

I have a theory that wnbc is a short term plan for Tom and he's really making his way up to NBC news in the coming years. He's already doing fill in work on weekend today. Idk but something with him just tells me he's looking to move up.

Could be, but currently if you see Tom doing the news on weekend Today he's just filling in for Jenna who's out on maternity leave.

Ok so this is probably far fetched...but I just thought that now with Sibila joining wnbc, every newscast has a stable anchor team...Also over the last few weeks I noticed they have replaced the open on every newscast with a very short three note intro(which I hate by the way, maybe it's temporary?)...Wouldent it be cool if WNBC just like WABC just did brings back a talent open and there working on it now? I just don't see why they replaced the open on all newscasts. With that I've also noticed wnbc using a new variation of Look F for their 11pm promos this week. Any thoughts?

Ok so this is probably far fetched...but I just thought that now with Sibila joining wnbc, every newscast has a stable anchor team...Also over the last few weeks I noticed they have replaced the open on every newscast with a very short three note intro(which I hate by the way, maybe it's temporary?)...Wouldent it be cool if WNBC just like WABC just did brings back a talent open and there working on it now? I just don't see why they replaced the open on all newscasts. With that I've also noticed wnbc using a new variation of Look F for their 11pm promos this week. Any thoughts?

Could be, but gotta remember the 7 PM newscast doesn't really have a stable anchor, rather it's just a variety of reporters who sit in the chair. Lately it's been Roseanne Colletti or Andrew Siff. Brynn Gingras, Gus Rosendale do it every once in a while as does Erika Tarantal.

Archived