The New PIX11 Thread

nynewslover

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to TVNEWSCHECK , Marysol Castro is the new morning anchor at WPIX. She starts Sept. 9.

Dan Mannarino has also been named anchor of the 4 - 6 AM portion of the newscast. Interesting that the station thinks Dan is good enough to be a permanent anchor on the morning show, but wasn't good enough to be a weekend evening anchor. :confused:

Dan Mannarino has also been named anchor of the 4 - 6 AM portion of the newscast. Interesting that the station thinks Dan is good enough to be a permanent anchor on the morning show, but wasn't good enough to be a weekend evening anchor. :confused:

I don't get why upper-management is in love with Mannarino. He does NOT have what it takes to be an anchor, at least right now.

So now that Marysol is back, what happens to Craig? Weekends with Kaity?

I don't get why upper-management is in love with Mannarino. He does NOT have what it takes to be an anchor, at least right now.

So now that Marysol is back, what happens to Craig? Weekends with Kaity?

Well WPIX sees him as an anchor besides none of us are working there so we really can't say who should be placed where. Besides if it was up to any of us, I would put Erika over at WNBC at the Noon & 6 PM slot and give Sibila weekends. As for Craig he's probably demoted to reporter/fill-in anchor, or reporter/weekend anchor.

The new teams will be:

WEEKDAYS

Dan & Marysol 4-6am

Sukanya & Kori 6-9am

Tamsen & Scott 5pm & 10pm

WEEKENDS

Kaity & Craig 6pm & 10pm

If you dont like it, dont watch, but this is what the teams are (so far) so get used to it. We'll check back in 2 years (roughly how long Frances got before she was canned)

The new teams will be:

WEEKDAYS

Dan & Marysol 4-6am

Sukanya & Kori 6-9am

Tamsen & Scott 5pm & 10pm

WEEKENDS

Kaity & Craig 6pm & 10pm

If you dont like it, dont watch, but this is what the teams are (so far) so get used to it. We'll check back in 2 years (roughly how long Frances got before she was canned)

I don't think this is official. For starters, commercials are saying tune in at 7am for Suki, not 6am. Also, while Marysol is confirmed, Kori is all but confirmed, I have not read a single thing about Craig moving to weekends. Source?

Based on Chicago reports, Kori Chambers last day on Fox32 is September 11. Possibly they can't promote him till he leaves or they are not sure when he will start

True, but Scott Stanford's last day at WNBC is this saturday the 7th, and he begins at PIX Monday the 16th and they announced on August 27th that he would be joining PIX.

Joe Cioffi will be back on WPIX at the end of this week. From his Facebook:

Joe Cioffi announces he is Weather on WPIX TV this Friday and Saturday! Joe will be on air in NYC for the first time since 2008 and for the first time on PIX since June of 2007!!!! :-) Joe honestly believed he was done. And then came a phone call out of the blue.

He's a good guy and I'm glad he's getting this opportunity. Maybe there will be more.

Was Tamsen Fadal off all this week? If not, it speaks volumes about the confidence level WPIX has in their regular weeknight anchor that when a major story breaks (i.e. the Seaside Park Inferno), the station brings in Kaity Tong to sub.

As to Joe Cioffi, he will not succeed in attracting viewers to the newscast. Cioffi's delivery is very stiff, which would be more fitting at WNBC.

Was Tamsen Fadal off all this week? If not, it speaks volumes about the confidence level WPIX has in their regular weeknight anchor that when a major story breaks (i.e. the Seaside Park Inferno), the station brings in Kaity Tong to sub.

As to Joe Cioffi, he will not succeed in attracting viewers to the newscast. Cioffi's delivery is very stiff, which would be more fitting at WNBC.

I'm pretty sure it was scheduled days off because she covered both Hurricane Sandy and the Sandy Hook shootings so they obviously trust her with hard news.. I'm not saying she's good but apparently PIX thinks so.. As for Joe Cioffi I agree 100% while anyone beats Mr.G I don't see them hiring him full time.. WNBCs weather team is very stiff and to the point.. Much more than any other NYC station anyway

Archived