The New PIX11 Thread

nynewslover

Obviously there seem to be some much needed, major changes coming to PIX. I created this thread so we can all post updates and discuss/make predictions of what could happen. Hopefully we can try to keep this thread going and keep all the new information contained to this thread.

So I'll start.

GRAPHICS

• Keep the Circle 11 and put an emphasis on it
  • Make them Dark Blue/Yellow
  • New and enhanced weather and traffic Graphics
  • New Opens and Music

STUIDO

While I do like the 42nd street "window" idea..it needs to go

• Give the studio a more news feel with TVs and Projection Screens
  • Again Blues and Yellows rather than the candy shop colors they have now
  • Something that really says New York

ANCHOR TEAMS

(MORNING NEWS)

• Dan Manarino 4-6am
  • Marisol Castro 4-6am
  • Sukanya Krishnan 6-9am
  • Kori Chambers 6-9am

​*Make Craig Treadway the lead reporter and main fill in..Lisa Mateo really seem to like the entertainment news and has said she does so put her as Entertainment Reporter..Keep Linda and Julie where they are. While I would prefer to see Craig as an anchor I dont think that will happen. And as for Linda I do like her but there something about her recently that isnt the same. People do like her so she will probably stay where she is,

(EVENING NEWS)

• Scott Sanford
  • Tamsen Fadal
  • Chris Knolwes (Weather)
  • Get a Sports reporter

(WEEKEND NEWS)

• Kaity Tong
  • Harry Martin
  • Craig Allen
  • Again a sports anchor is needed

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WPIX can start with resurrecting their customized Non-Stop Music package. To me, this was their best theme since MCTYW & the Sakayama theme. Once they made that new set a few years ago, and added some el cheapo music, that's where the downfall began. So if they want to be serious and try to get Fox 5's numbers, they have to really transform this station and fast. Having Marysol's return and Kori coming to fold are good acquisitions, to say the least. But it will mean nothing if their content is a status quo.

So I'm hoping for the best at Channel 11 and they won't mess up this time.

WPIX can start with resurrecting their customized Non-Stop Music package.

:beat: As much as I want it to happen, there's a greater chance of a whole new package being created. But, we're just going to sit here and wish it to happen... and then get our hopes up and then it won't happen and something worse will. This happens all the time.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/scott-stanford-joins-wpix-from-rival-wnbc_b101971#more-101971 Its offical scott stamford joining pix 11 as anchor with tamesn fadel !

That's all well and good...but I have a serious question. What does all this mean for Linda Church and her pending move to weekends?

(the TVNT vets will understand that one)

Personally I am glad for Scott Stanford with him getting a promotion to a main anchor chair. I am however worried that he might be sent down a path of another WWE employee going into a main anchor chair in NYC. cc5039c20fab7b2c7fef5485210f473b.jpegOur good friend Sean Mooney.

That's all well and good...but I have a serious question. What does all this mean for Linda Church and her pending move to weekends?

(the TVNT vets will understand that one)

hm i wonder i think thats not happening i like her in the am! though i would hate to see her leave

now we will have to wait and see when the other changes to pix are confirmed like marysol castro and kori chambers? :confused: i also do like frances! she should be reassigned not told to take a buyout

I was thinking the same with Frances. She's good evening anchor material. That's why you don't work at sinking stations until they get there content together because of the constant turnover of anchors. WCBS seem like they just getting together after 15 years of anchor changes (even though they are in one kind of now).

now we will have to wait and see when the other changes to pix are confirmed like marysol castro and kori chambers? :confused: i also do like frances! she should be reassigned not told to take a buyout

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/morning-anchor-kori-chambers-leaving-wfld_b101832 he's officialy leaving Chicago so I'm assuming is 99.9% certian hell be anchoring on 11.

Also..I guess she's hinting at something here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UT_b3B5Jyc

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/scott-stanford-joins-wpix-from-rival-wnbc_b101971#more-101971 Its offical scott stamford joining pix 11 as anchor with tamesn fadel !

How nice. Now there will be two anchors to share the blame for the waste of broadcast air time, known by Tribune et. al. as "Pix 11 News" The only thing Scott Stamford will bring to the set is gender balance. And besides a modest and TEMPORARY ratings bump, I expect that to be all that's brought by this personnel add. At this point, WPIX doesn't need to add anchors to their dysfunctional mess, there needs to be a top-down executive overhaul. But it adds more job security for the executives when they can blame on-air talent for inadequacies at the top. After all, the viewers see the anchors, they don't see the fools in the suits who make the inept decisions on what the anchors present.

Simply adding Stamford to this mess will have no long-term effects. For example, MTA reporter Greg Mocker just did another package on his favorite subject tonight. This time touting new technologies being implemented by the MTA, such as electronic boards announcing train schedules. Now this may have been news two years ago when the deployments began, but now...

Maybe they should just change the newscast format to something that's not stupid.

That is 100% correct, Weeters. But for the clowns running the asylum, producing something that's not stupid would be just... stupid.

By the way they announced today at 5pm that Scott Stanford is starting Sept16 and that Tamsen had lunch with him last week (for those that care)

I only care if they also reported which restaurant, what was on the menu, if they went dutch, and who tipped (My guess would be Fadal)

The same announcement was just made on the 10PM with Mr. G getting into the act, saying he would order Steak.

Sanford is not a bad hiring, and I always remember the great repoire he had with Sue Simmons.

I wouldn't be surprised if this move also signals PIX won't be adding a sports anchor, instead opting for Scott to do it nightly instead.

Sanford is not a bad hiring...

5196cbecafa96f31f6000001.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if this move also signals PIX won't be adding a sports anchor, instead opting for Scott to do it nightly instead.

I guess that's better than nothing.

Despite the hiring of Scott Stanford as Tamsen Fadal's co-anchor, things continue to get worse for Channel 11..... http://tunedinnyc.com/2013/08/28/turmoil-persists-at-wpix-managers-have-no-clue/#more-1128

Long Island is not New York? Who does this guy think he is? Tribune made an awful decision putting this putz in place, but Meyrowitz has to go as well.

They're not going to cover news that happens outside of NYC?

They've already been like this. I stopped watching months ago. Pretty sure the FCC will be very interested in the goings on at the station as possible conditions for terminating their license.

Archived