KCNC is getting a new Set and maybe a new look?

Chase29

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was saying 6pm hour. But yes, it could be 5pm hour.

You didn't specifically say that. You said "6 O'Clock" which could've meant two different things. Since you did say 6 O'Clock, I immediately had the impression that you meant the next hour and not 6pm tonight. But I'm surprised you didn't mention its earlier 5pm show, which would also be highly odd to show the old graphics at 5, and implement the new graphics at 6.

Either way, we'll see if the rollout continues, as this day progresses. Or in future days......

From what I've seen, it looks like the projection wall, touchscreen, and plasma from the old sports area are retained, while everything else is new. The shape of that desk also makes me think it's a Devlin job. I really like how they finally have a soft area to the left with a plasma array and a sofa. That addition alone makes it look larger. The graphic loop on the projection wall is also an interesting change from the previous city video.

It's not as great as what some of the other affiliates have gotten, and I would have preferred Devlin's default 5x2 plasma array to the recycled washed out projection wall, but so far, it looks like a nice upgrade. It matches the standarized graphics, and they have more space to work with.

From what I've seen, it looks like the projection wall, touchscreen, and plasma from the old sports area are retained, while everything else is new. The shape of that desk also makes me think it's a Devlin job. I really like how they finally have a soft area to the left with a plasma array and a sofa. That addition alone makes it look larger. The graphic loop on the projection wall is also an interesting change from the previous city video.

It's not as great as what some of the other affiliates have gotten, and I would have preferred Devlin's default 5x2 plasma array to the recycled washed out projection wall, but so far, it looks like a nice upgrade. It matches the standarized graphics, and they have more space to work with.

Are you saying the older standardized graphics or the new ones?

• 3 weeks later...

There used to be a video tour of their 2008 set when they first got it on Youtube, that's since been taken down (I've spent about 20 minutes trying to find it), and they said in the video that the video projection image of Denver was being generated by PS3s, and not from the control room, which at the time was cutting edge due to the excellent picture quality. you'll also notice the BG image is constant and it never changes, except for daytime nighttime, etc. It's almost like a duratrans but on a screen. Serves no purpose really because they can't change the image during the newscast from the control room, as the video feed is originating from the PS3, not the PCR.

Nice to see they've managed to keep that even after getting a new set...

Darn it! Why do I see the 2010 look behind the logos on the screens in the interview area? The glossy texture and sheen of the new package would look very cool with this set, but yet again, I could be wrong, and the new GFX could come soon....glad we already have them here in LA, though!

Archived