In this thread, we praise phillyvideofan and Hulkie D...

TVLurker

For their work in archiving philly video content. I just can't get enough of you guys, you not only upload relevant historical bits but you also paint a picture of Philly TV as a whole and for that I thank you. I especially like the promos and newscast videos (especially the switch to NBC for WCAU) and I hope you don't stop uploading those videos.

I second that. From time to time, usually to enjoy what was a different time in Philadelphia television, I go to you guys to watch amazing video on news programs, bumpers, commercials and random others, and you guys deliver and then some. Your previous videos about Philly TV are just as amazing. Oh and I also subscribe to you guys on YouTube. Thank you guys for your continued efforts and please keep that up.

Hulkie is very good and I like his videos. Also, kudos to him for sticking it out with Acme Markets, even through StupidValu's horrendous rein, and I'm hoping that the chain will now start seeing better days. What I want to know is why he has two YouTube accounts; HulkieD and HulkieG. Can't he merge them together or something? Also, he really needs to start posting more on that blog of his (which has undergone so many changes by this point that it's, well, confusing).

Wow, KBBR--thank you for the nice words! Same to you ActionNewsLove. I appreciate it. My thought was...what am I going to do with these boxes of some 200 or so video tapes? I taped all that stuff as a hobby in my younger days. Who new there would be a thing called YOUTUBE all these years later! So it occurred to me one day several years ago to upload this stuff to YT and hope others would enjoy some of this cool stuff. I actually made a few tapes back in the day...and sent to Iran hostage victim Joseph Ciccipio of Norristown. I received a handwritten thank you note from him which meant the world.

At any rate, once again...thank you!!

OMG Hulkie!! LOL...for a minute there I thought the car was going to crash! Woah......at any rate...just wanted to throw that out there. I still have about 10 tapes yet to upload...and several are from the 80's! (Phillyvideofan on YOUTUBE) so, stay tuned as they say!

;-)

That video was what an I-95 backup will kind of do to you. :p

MisterFree: I appreciate the mention of Acme, which I hold down to keep consistent benefits and a somewhat steady paycheck. And yes, I sense we're turning a corner under Albertsons, LLC. But the complete morons who used to own us had a very onerous social media policy, one that I think is still in effect. (We cannot post pictures of ourselves in work shirts. I am serious.)

As far as the site goes:

YouTube: The two channels thing was a result of getting a copyright hit for uploading a Philly 57 Bozo Show where I was in the audience. Front row, so I was in every shot. So I created HulkieG as a new channel, because I thought HulkieD was getting deleted.

Site: Welll...

Still editing this post

Archived