Jessica Dean joins CBS 3 as new Anchor

Daybreak

On the one hand, it ain't Diana Rocco. On the other...

She's coming from market 56 to market 4 in the highest profile gig you can get. I know the Gang From Buffalo (Jim Gardner, Dave Roberts, etc.) was from a low market, but I can't believe it was #52 then. And they weren't put right into the gig either.

This smells like New York. Natasha Brown should be incredibly pissed.

On the one hand, it ain't Diana Rocco. On the other...

She's coming from market 56 to market 4 in the highest profile gig you can get. I know the Gang From Buffalo (Jim Gardner, Dave Roberts, etc.) was from a low market, but I can't believe it was #52 then. And they weren't put right into the gig either.

This smells like New York. Natasha Brown should be incredibly pissed.

If I was Natasha, I would start looking at different stations and leave KYW. This was a big slap in the face and I wouldn't just stay after being there for so long and being passed up. They could have just put Erika if they wanted a pretty blonde??? Bad move CBS 3

I'm glad that it wasn't Diana Rocco but I was really hoping that Natasha Brown would get the spot. She has been at the station for years and hasn't moved from the weekend anchor spot. It reminds me of how they never utilized Beverly Williams at the station years ago and how she just kind of disappeared even though she was a well known anchor. Little Rock obviously isn't too good of a market but hopefully Jessica Dean proves me wrong but I have a feeling this may be the News Tonight all over again.

She's a pretty face, but doesn't look big market ready. Atleast not in this clip I found on youtube.

Its rather clear cbs3 wants a good looking anchor. Don't know if that came from NY or not. Oh well I still like CBS3 in the morning.

Couldn't they have at least picked someone up from a top 25 market? A jump from Market 56 to Market 4 is no cake walk. Philadelphia is a top 5 media market; meaning this is the big time (major leagues). I hope Jessica is ready, and I wish her the best of luck.

Alas I wished Natasha would have gotten the job, but le sigh!

She should be upset after constantly being passed over time & time again. Really someone from Little Rock AK got the job over Natasha? Management at CBS3 should be ashamed.

I've learned some stuff about this deal. It stinks to high heaven. I'll just leave it there for now. But I agree - Natasha has every reason to bolt.

If I was Natasha' date=' I would start looking at different stations and leave KYW. This was a big slap in the face and I wouldn't just stay after being there for so long and being passed up. They could have just put Erika if they wanted a pretty blonde??? [b']Bad move CBS[/b]

She's a pretty face, but doesn't look big market ready. Atleast not in this clip I found on youtube.

Its rather clear cbs wants a good looking anchor. Don't know if that came from NY or not. Oh well I still like CBS3 in the morning.

I've modified your quotes to indicate who is to blame. This wasn't a KYW decision.

I've learned some stuff about this deal. It stinks to high heaven. I'll just leave it there for now. But I agree - Natasha has every reason to bolt.

I've modified your quotes to indicate who is to blame. This wasn't a KYW decision.

I think if she leaves, 10 or 29 pick her up in a heartbeat. 29 probably being the first as 10 has a lot of weekday female presence already.

Btw, has anyone noticed 3 refreshed their backgrounds on their set?

Whats also sad is Natasha never had a shot. She was probably told she had a shot, and probably lead to believe it was either her or Diana Rocco, and thats why the 2 of them have been splitting the co-anchor spot since Susan Barnett, but in reality they wanted Diana Rocco to get it. They tried everything possible to sell her as a main anchor material, even scoring her a exclusive 1 on 1 interview with Chris Christie, but only after it became painfully all to clear she wouldn't work, did they go this route.

Oh well, none of this is Jessica Dean's fault, so I wish her well in Philly.

Whats also sad is Natasha never had a shot. She was probably told she had a shot, and probably lead to believe it was either her or Diana Rocco, and thats why the 2 of them have been splitting the co-anchor spot since Susan Barnett, but in reality they wanted Diana Rocco to get it. They tried everything possible to sell her as a main anchor material, even scoring her a exclusive 1 on 1 interview with Chris Christie, but only after it became painfully all to clear she wouldn't work, did they go this route.

Oh well, none of this is Jessica Dean's fault, so I wish her well in Philly.

Like I previously mentioned, they are treating Natasha Brown exactly how they treated Beverly Williams about ten years ago. She sued the station for discrimination and I believe Natasha should follow suit.

I'm not sure who the contenders were, or if Rocco was ever seriously considered. (Given the amount of time she got on air before they seemed to wise up, she had to have been.) And there were more competitors beyond Natasha.

• 4 weeks later...

Kathy Orr announced this morning on WIP Morning Show that she is back to doing the 5, 6, 10, and 11. So what does this do for their weather team?

If Bilo gets bumped to weekday mornings? Big improvement. If she leaves? Massive loss.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it should be noted that Kate Sullivan went from Little Rock to morning anchor at WCBS and now on to evening anchor at WBBM. While morning anchor isn't at all the same as being the lead evening female anchor, Kate did an incredible job next to Maurice DuBois at WCBS in spite of low expectations going into it. So I think we should give Jessica a chance first.

That's just the devil's advocate in me. I, too, think this was not a brilliant move by KYW and wreaks of Peter Dunn. Little Rock appears to be the go-to market if you want to join a top 5 market CBS O&O as a weekday anchor.

Archived