Jim Rosenfield Joins WCAU as Weeknight Co-Anchor

WCAUTVNBC10

You're most likely looking at Jim and Renee at 4,6 and 11 with Vai and Jacqueline at 5. With the exception of the dark period of '06-'08 they've always gone with their top guns at 4PM.

See my post above. Unlike New York the main anchor teams here in Philly are found on the 6PM news not the 5PM.

I think they're having Jackie and Vai do the 11 to get them some exposure as they'll be the back ups for Jim & Renee. I dunno just my guess.

The plan is Renee and Jim at 4 & 6. Vai and Jackie at 5 and Jim and Jackie at 11.

For the record, your first three posts quoted above were wrong. Just pointing it out since your replies to other people's posts aren't always nice and sometimes imply that you're always right. :)

Any reason Renee's been taken off the 11pm? Her choice or management's choice?

For the record, your first three posts quoted above were wrong. Just pointing it out since your replies to other people's posts aren't always nice and sometimes imply that you're always right. :)

Uh huh but #3 was correct. That information came from their press release and sure enough that's the lineup. :rolleyes:

To answer your other question, your guess is as good as mine. We can safely assume they're grooming Jackie to be Renee's replacement. I do hope though that moving Renee off the 11 was a mutual decision though (and I think it is). I wouldn't want what happened to Sue Simmons happen to her.

I'm leaning towards management here, though it could be that she wanted to work days. I'd guess Anzio thinks Jim/Jacqueline have more "sizzle". I'm not so sure because he's doing great paired with Renee.

I knew Rosenfield was going to be a tremendous addition - I just didn't know HOW tremendous.

[yt]n9QpJeUCjtc[/yt]

He really is the best anchor I've seen on a Philadelphia station in years. The newscasts suddenly feel looser, more conversational. 10 is doing banter again, but it's funny banter. The cast seems to be very loose and having fun, like the 5pm/6pm Action News and Fox 29's Good Day Philadelphia. Yet he can lend gravitas to a severe situation like the boardwalk fires.

There is only one Jim Gardner, and to compare him to the new guy is like comparing Beutel to Ritter. They're good in their own ways. There's two Jims I gotta trust now...

I'm leaning towards management here, though it could be that she wanted to work days. I'd guess Anzio thinks Jim/Jacqueline have more "sizzle". I'm not so sure because he's doing great paired with Renee.

I knew Rosenfield was going to be a tremendous addition - I just didn't know HOW tremendous.

[yt]n9QpJeUCjtc[/yt]

He really is the best anchor I've seen on a Philadelphia station in years. The newscasts suddenly feel looser, more conversational. 10 is doing banter again, but it's funny banter. The cast seems to be very loose and having fun, like the 5pm/6pm Action News and Fox 29's Good Day Philadelphia. Yet he can lend gravitas to a severe situation like the boardwalk fires.

There is only one Jim Gardner, and to compare him to the new guy is like comparing Beutel to Ritter. They're good in their own ways. There's two Jims I gotta trust now...

It's funny you posted that particular newscast because it's the first time that I can remember that 10 has not gone to a hard news story in quite a while. But Jacqueline and Jim look great at 11 though and if she's Renee's replacement, I think she's very capable.

It's funny you posted that particular newscast because it's the first time that I can remember that 10 has not gone to a hard news story in quite a while. But Jacqueline and Jim look great at 11 though and if she's Renee's replacement, I think she's very capable.

That's a change I think they made in the last week. Previously they didn't do formal tosses to weather or sports. Now they seem to be intentionally doing that on the 11. They do end the 4 and 5 hours with substantive stories, many aimed towards the northern NJ audience that's in 4's DMA.

Jim Rosenfield seriously raises that newscast tremendously. You can tell that everyone is looser, more energized, and even comfortable together. Compare that to the "chemistry" between Chris May and Jessica Dean... well, yeah.

That's a change I think they made in the last week. Previously they didn't do formal tosses to weather or sports. Now they seem to be intentionally doing that on the 11. They do end the 4 and 5 hours with substantive stories, many aimed towards the northern NJ audience that's in 4's DMA.

Jim Rosenfield seriously raises that newscast tremendously. You can tell that everyone is looser, more energized, and even comfortable together. Compare that to the "chemistry" between Chris May and Jessica Dean... well, yeah.

I'm not Chris May's biggest fan but I feel for him having to carry Derpina through four newscasts a day five days a week. Her delivery and her demeanor just shout out "airhead telepromter reader".

• 4 weeks later...

Ignoring the troll here...

While some might have taken issue with switching Jacqueline to the 11pm spot, that's actually turned out to be a brilliant move.

I don't think I've seen an 11pm team gel as quickly as this one. The banter and interplay feels nice and natural, just as much as Mike/Sheinelle on 29 and the Gardner/Tynan banter on 6. It feels like they've been anchoring 6 years, rather than 6 weeks.

...did Chuck and Sue ever feel like this?

Rosenfeld has failed everywhere he has been. He is a carpetbagger and will not make it in Philly.

Jim Rosenfield is an outstanding anchor and I hope he retires in Philly. I wish he would've stayed at WRC and succeeded another Jim but glad he managed to get this gig. He's doing fantastic from what I've seen. If he was a carpetbagger he would not be working in a major market as lead anchor. You probably would not make it in Philly as main anchor...

When he was in Chicago, he was at the helm for a top-rated newscast. At WNBC, he co-anchored Live at Five with Sue 'the f*ck' Simmons. The poor ratings at WCBS under his tenure were not hardly his fault, the numbers had been in the crapper for over a decade.

Doesn't sound like a failure to me.

• 2 months later...

10's victory against 6 was back in 2002.

Letting Mendte go was the result of one of the most bizarre sequence of events I've ever seen and spurred mostly by 3 tampering with both him and Tim Lake. Long and short of it was 3 originally tried to lure Lake and 10 caught wind of it and demoted Lake to reporter and that resulted in lawsuits being filed by both Tim and 10 meanwhile 3 started the same thing with Mendte but 10 didn't seem to bothered with letting him go as there were some issues behind the scenes between him and management (that came out later in gossip columns). After Mendte left 10 promoted Lake to lead anchor and the rest is history.

What was the issues behind the scenes with Mendte and management? I never heard anything about that. I know CBS3 came after him when Marc Howard failed and offered him a lot more money and NBC10 didn't match. I think their philosophy at the time was that no talent is worth that much money.

Archived