Jump to content

Nexstar...again


tyrannical bastard

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, JCB4TV said:

I doubt it, I believe that should CBS ever decide to unload WTOG, it would either go to FOX or Standard, should their acquisition of WTSP be successful.

 

Since Fox may be looking to unload their entire O&O division, Standards seems like the more likely candidate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

 

Since Fox may be looking to unload their entire O&O division, Standards seems like the more likely candidate.

Wow…we might need a Speculation thread for this topic.

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

 

Since Fox may be looking to unload their entire O&O division, Standards seems like the more likely candidate.

 

Do they not know their own history? Have they forgotten that this is how they killed UPN? (And arguably got the CW created in the first place?)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

 

Since Fox may be looking to unload their entire O&O division, Standards seems like the more likely candidate.

 

I didn't hear about that! I figured Fox would be the least likely of the networks to unload the O&O's. And with a Tegna purchase, that would be an impossible candidate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, GoldenShine9 said:

 

I didn't hear about that! I figured Fox would be the least likely of the networks to unload the O&O's. And with a Tegna purchase, that would be an impossible candidate.

https://tvnewscheck.com/business/article/fox-should-dump-broadcast-net-says-wall-street-analyst/

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Fox isn't giving up their O&O networks. The only broadcast network that has a real chance that could happen is CBS/Paramount for reasons discussed on this website before in other threads. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Fox isn't giving up their O&O networks. The only broadcast network that has a real chance that could happen is CBS/Paramount for reasons discussed on this website before in other threads. 

That article was written in August 2020; two years later, there's been a new NFL deal. There might be a sale in the meantime, but until February 2033, you can count on the networks to stay on the air just for that alone.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I saw this while driving by an electronic billboard, but I can’t find any info online. But anyway, WSAV is apparently starting a 4PM newscast on April 4 (or 4/4 @ 4 as the creative department wants to call it). I assume it’s to compensate for their abysmal afternoon syndicated lineup (Dr. Oz/Good Dish at 2, Maury at 3, and Judge Judy at 4). Considering all of those shows are out of production and about to end, they decided to stretch their news team even thinner instead of paying for another show. At least it gives WTOC a bit of competition as they’ve been solo at that time for years. 
 

F3F745FB-FE67-4FD8-9FBC-2E9DEDC6F5D7.thumb.jpeg.d9d8e975d3d0e404149e67554387ded9.jpeg
Found it. I’m not sure why they decided to pay loads of money to get a billboard but not put it on their website or socials for free. But I guess that’s Nexstar. 

Edited by froyo49
Added a picture
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, froyo49 said:

I saw this while driving by an electronic billboard, but I can’t find any info online. But anyway, WSAV is apparently starting a 4PM newscast on April 4 (or 4/4 @ 4 as the creative department wants to call it). I assume it’s to compensate for their abysmal afternoon syndicated lineup (Dr. Oz/Good Dish at 2, Maury at 3, and Judge Judy at 4). Considering all of those shows are out of production and about to end, they decided to stretch their news team even thinner instead of paying for another show. At least it gives WTOC a bit of competition as they’ve been solo at that time for years. 
 

F3F745FB-FE67-4FD8-9FBC-2E9DEDC6F5D7.thumb.jpeg.d9d8e975d3d0e404149e67554387ded9.jpeg
Found it. I’m not sure why they decided to pay loads of money to get a billboard but not put it on their website or socials for free. But I guess that’s Nexstar. 

 

WSAV is still 2nd in ratings in the market, or has WJCL passed them? (I know WTOC is far ahead of both of them)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2022 at 3:07 PM, GoldenShine9 said:

 

WSAV is still 2nd in ratings in the market, or has WJCL passed them? (I know WTOC is far ahead of both of them)

Any station using Nexstar NBC graphics is going to have their competition cream them. WJCL should've passed WSAV at this point.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheSpeedKing said:

Any station using Nexstar NBC graphics is going to have their competition cream them. WJCL should've passed WSAV at this point.

Realistically speaking, a graphics package isn’t going to make or break a station. 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HoosierNewsie said:

Realistically speaking, a graphics package isn’t going to make or break a station. 

A graphics package definitely won't make a station, but it could make the station so much of an eyesore that the viewers associate the station with bad design. That discourages viewers from tuning in. Just look at WSB, which despite having a perfectly modern product is losing viewers at a faster than average rate.

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TheSpeedKing said:

A graphics package definitely won't make a station, but it could make the station so much of an eyesore that the viewers associate the station with bad design. That discourages viewers from tuning in. Just look at WSB, which despite having a perfectly modern product is losing viewers at a faster than average rate.

 

 

For example, KDVR|KWGN too. They have several issues. Marketing is just one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 2:28 PM, froyo49 said:

WSAV is apparently starting a 4PM newscast on April 4 (or 4/4 @ 4 as the creative department wants to call it).

According to Nexstar's very own Zap2it, WSAV is in fact adding a newscast, called First News at 4 (not to be confused with the current First News at 5, which I assume they'll rename). It appears Maury is coming off the schedule, with The Good Dish keeping its place at 2 (for now), and Judge Judy moving to Maury's old spot at 3. 

 

image.thumb.png.8eed57b7e4e9648c15017888734e402a.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/15/2022 at 7:31 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

 

For example, KDVR|KWGN too. They have several issues. Marketing is just one.

What issues do KDVR & KWGN have??   Their ratings seem to be okay, esp KDVR.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Wednesday, WOTV rebranded from ABC 4 Women to ABC 4 West Michigan.  They are taking the focus off of women and making it more community based... I hope this works better for them... ABC 4 Women was absolutely stupid... 

 

https://www.woodtv.com/abc4/wotv-4-women-rebrands-to-abc-4-west-michigan/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 2:28 PM, froyo49 said:

I saw this while driving by an electronic billboard, but I can’t find any info online. But anyway, WSAV is apparently starting a 4PM newscast on April 4 (or 4/4 @ 4 as the creative department wants to call it). I assume it’s to compensate for their abysmal afternoon syndicated lineup (Dr. Oz/Good Dish at 2, Maury at 3, and Judge Judy at 4). Considering all of those shows are out of production and about to end, they decided to stretch their news team even thinner instead of paying for another show. At least it gives WTOC a bit of competition as they’ve been solo at that time for years. 
 

F3F745FB-FE67-4FD8-9FBC-2E9DEDC6F5D7.thumb.jpeg.d9d8e975d3d0e404149e67554387ded9.jpeg
Found it. I’m not sure why they decided to pay loads of money to get a billboard but not put it on their website or socials for free. But I guess that’s Nexstar. 

 

Kris Alred who went as Posman when she was weekend met at WWMT from 04-07 before leaving for WSAV in the fall of 07. When I was in Hilton Head SC on vacation in 08 I saw Kris do the weather on WSAV.

 

I also like that WOTV rebranded to 4 West Michigan than women I wonder if they did that for sister station in Lansing?

Edited by Megatron81
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

In the Johnstown / Altoona / State College, PA market:  According to WTAJ TV passport:  Starting on Monday, September 12th:  WTAJ News at 4 pm premieres.  Line-up changes:  The 700 Club is moving to 9 am from 10 am and Studio 814 is moving to 10 am from 4 pm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kyle R said:

Gray stations stream their newscasts on Vuit. Hearst stations are on NewsOn. Does Nexstar have a platform where all of their stations' newscasts are aggregated?

Nope. Many of their stations don’t even stream on their websites. Even Sinclair does better than that.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.