Nexstar...again

1 hour ago, TheRob said:

If this does come to pass,  I wonder if Fox would be interested in selling MyNetworkTV to Sinclair.  It's not much of anything aside from Dateline reruns and the like, and Sinclair was a major partner in their launch. 

If Sinclair tried the NewsNation approach to it, they would succeed much more and have much better reach than Nexstar does with NN itself.

9 hours ago, TheRob said:

I wonder if Nexstar will actively move the CW affiliations off of competing stations and onto .2s or junior stations they control.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TheSpeedKing said:

And WNCN has launched their 4:00 pm newscast. No more temperature, just time. The open seems to be some in-house modifications of the generic Nexstar CBS open. New VO, but I can't tell who. CBS Local remains, but now they're using the same cuts as WKYT.

You can see that Nexstar doesn't put any value into their art direction. That "Local News That Matters" text is just a hastily implemented Video Copilot plugin.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

You can see that Nexstar doesn't put any value into their art direction. That "Local News That Matters" text is just a hastily implemented Video Copilot plugin.

See the "WFLA, but even cheaper" vibe here, and you can see why this station is such an easy divestiture option should Nexstar end up buying The CW.

9 hours ago, TheSpeedKing said:

And WNCN has launched their 4:00 pm newscast. No more temperature, just time. The open seems to be some in-house modifications of the generic Nexstar CBS open. New VO, but I can't tell who. CBS Local remains, but now they're using the same cuts as WKYT.

That voiceover sounds like the automated female caption voice from Instagram.

• Haha 2

Looks like KXAN is going to be switching over to a variation on the the WISH/WTNH graphics, based on maps posted to their social media today. The existing look is a 2015 refresh of one that launched in 2011, so it's definitely time for something new.

FJfodwNXMAQ_zKX.jpg

FJfX9GPWUAA-a_l.jpg

Edited by djlynch

On 1/17/2022 at 5:06 PM, TheSpeedKing said:

Does Nexstar Really think they will be able to compete against the unbeatable WRAL and ABC O&O WTVD? If I were Nexstar, I would sell this station to CBS Already. Raleigh is a growing market and how poor this is proves that either Nexstar has given up or doesn't care. CBS could do so much better if this station was an O&O again.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, sanewsguy said:

WJMN just changed their logo on Facebook to remove the CBS eye. Not sure if this signals a change or is merely cosmetic.

https://m.facebook.com/wjmntv/photos/a.455154054519001/5039179752783052/?type=3&m_entstream_source=timeline

45F05900-63D3-4879-AB4B-2D9E8541BA92.jpeg

Haha. They admire WRCB's...creative aspects, even though Nexstar popularised the branding. Unrelated stations don't need the same branding.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, djlynch said:

Looks like KXAN is going to be switching over to a variation on the the WISH/WTNH graphics, based on maps posted to their social media today. The existing look is a 2015 refresh of one that launched in 2011, so it's definitely time for something new.

1 hour ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Does Nexstar Really think they will be able to compete against the unbeatable WRAL and ABC O&O WTVD? If I were Nexstar, I would sell this station to CBS Already. Raleigh is a growing market and how poor this is proves that either Nexstar has given up or doesn't care. CBS could do so much better if this station was an O&O again.

Nexstar does not think they will be able to compete against WRAL and WTVD. Their main/only market are people who are loyal CBS viewers and went mad by the fact WRAL lost its CBS affiliation. In other words, all of the ex-Outlet operated TV stations are in ruins.

WCMH has a weak anchor team and poor graphics. They are a divestiture option for Nexstar, though.

WJAR is just your regular Sinclair station. Obvious Fact: WJAR and WCMH have the same VO.

WLWC is now just an empty shell after Michael Dell mercilessly sold it's spectrum and CW affiliation. They have a virtual channel assignment, and CourtTV accessible on that VC. That's it.

You can see what Nexstar did to WNCN, right here on this thread!

And lastly, WWHO is owned by a guy named Stephen P. Mumblow. There is not much money being invested in this station besides the engineering department.

4 minutes ago, sanewsguy said:

360 is retained. They can do away with the unnecessary 3D, gradients are superior. Also, I WISH that Nexstar would stop offering this package to stations since Circle City has since bought its original user. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

20 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

Despite WJMN losing its CBS affiliate, ViacomCBS and Nexstar renew their CBS network affiliate deals in 39 markets.

https://deadline.com/2022/01/viacomcbs-nexstar-affiliate-distribution-renewals-cbs-cw-1234917207/

From how the Marquette fiasco seems to have gone, the mass renewal is less “despite WJMN” and more “because WJMN”

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, elopez09227 said:

*takes close look at photo*

Yes! He is coming to my market! (note the 22 News mic flag) Always nice to have my area acknowledged, even if it is an obvious corporate mandate.

Yeah, yeah, I'm a sucker for cheap heat...

5 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Who has Denver's Duop?

At night anyway, it's Kevaney Martin of KLAS. Justin Surrency is doing mornings. KDVR/KWGN is assigned to the same path we're using. Basically, there are two paths, and then KTLA, WDTN and WCMH have their own paths for their own talent.

Edited by TheRob

• 24994J locked this topic
  • Weeters unlocked this topic