Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
tyrannical bastard

Nexstar...again

On 1/13/2020 at 8:34 PM, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

KOMU is the J-school’s biggest attraction. And the J-school is pretty Much Mizzou’s biggest attraction. Plus they have plans to build KOMU a new state of the art building. Not a chance they’ll ever sell it unless the FCC forces them. 

https://abc17news.com/news/2017/11/10/mu-reveals-top-priority-projects-in-five-year-capital-plan-hopes-to-build-new-journalism-building/

I found this tidbit interesting...

“the facility would bring together MU’s media brands, including KOMU, KBIA, Missourian and Vox, in order to create a multi-platform environment.“

Would this be the only case of a network affiliate, NPR affiliate, local newspaper and local magazine all sharing a newsroom? 

I think Columbia, Mo. is the only place in the country where a University owns a big four network affiliate and an NPR member station.