Nexstar...again

• 2 weeks later...

Has someone already mentioned that Nexstar has switched to Wordpress? Hence the new website layouts. Looks like they're ditching their own CMS.

Apparently this has already been discussed. My bad.

Edited by Al-SA-TX

On a large number of Nexstar’s updated websites when you go to the “About Us” tab and click on “Meet the Team”, you can  go to the page, but it does not allow you to click on the individual owners and reporters and read their bios. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

It might just be becoming a trend. 

11 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Ugh.  No thanks!

Seriously???

What on earth can be wrong with the national anthem?

This is America...

Love it...or leave it.

Enjoy Labor day...and lets all pray for those in the path of Dorian.

(insert pic of big ass American flag with patriot loving shark)

image.png.f93900bcb18ff241f13f6dc705732373.png

image.png

Edited by Eat News
Labor day Hurricane 1935 .. https://youtu.be/kfCNCwyb5UU
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Eat News said:

Seriously???

What on earth can be wrong with the national anthem?

This is America...

Love it...or leave it.

Enjoy Labor day...and lets all pray for those in the path of Dorian.

(insert pic of big ass American flag with patriot loving shark)

image.png.f93900bcb18ff241f13f6dc705732373.png

image.png

How about I'm an atheist because of my objectivity. Also, having the national anthem play every night is trending toward state-controlled media and nationalism. I'm definitely against that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

How about I'm an atheist because of my objectivity. Also, having the national anthem play every night is trending toward state-controlled media and nationalism. I'm definitely against that.

USA   #1

image.png.5af80fa8d5ab56553c7f83fd63b1b65f.png

Being Atheists does not automatically make  you "objective" in the world of true journalism. It's not some magic inoculation for being TRULY unbiased.. It's just say's "I'm Athiest...and nothing more. Just another "opinion."

I hope your not claiming to be a journalist of some type.

I will let you have the last word.

Edited by Eat News
A little "faith in something" never hurt anyone.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eat News said:

USA   #1

image.png.5af80fa8d5ab56553c7f83fd63b1b65f.png

Being Atheists does not automatically make  you "objective" in the world of true journalism. It's not some magic inoculation for being TRULY unbiased.. It's just say's "I'm Athiest...and nothing more. Just another "opinion."

I hope your not claiming to be a journalist of some type.

I will let you have the last word.

Because science is an opinion. 🙄

8 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Well Mexican stations (like XETV) would start the "broadcast day" (around 5am or so) by playing the National Anthem. Last I check, Mexico hasn't delved into an autocracy.

I have no trouble with the national anthem being played.  It's the motives behind it that I question.

"Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it." – Mark Twain

-- Matt

P.S.  Guess who also does the national anthem … yup, North Korea.  Good holiday weekend to you all.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, NEOMatrix said:

Well Mexican stations (like XETV) would start the "broadcast day" (around 5am or so) by playing the National Anthem. Last I check, Mexico hasn't delved into an autocracy.

And my good friend...

XETV had RESPECT enough to play both national anthems (USA and Mexican) at sign on and sign-off.

Total Class!

Edited by Eat News
North Korean National Anthem (ENG SUB) https://youtu.be/7pYhl8gtBug
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

I'm an atheist 

I know that being an atheist in some quarters is considered  enlightened but the human body is a complicated organism containing  specific parts that do specific jobs. Kind of hard to believe that your eyes, ears, nose, circulatory system, digestive system, brain and self-repair properties just kind of happened on their own. I don't know if you realize this, but being an atheist is like saying that if you throw a bunch of sand (glass), some unrefined petroleum (plastic) and chunks of metal ore (copper, gold) at a wall enough times, it would randomly arrange itself into an iPhone, complete with all the computer programming necessary to be an operable device including internal power source. In other words, believing in a creator is much more plausible than believing that pond scum gestating long enough could turn itself into the complicated beings that we all are.

God, mother, country, national anthem! It's about time people stopped entertaining Marxist nonsense.

Edited by DirtyHarry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's good to see station groups bringing this back.  It's one of the lost traditions of broadcasting that disappeared when stations began operating 24/7.  I'll always remember in the early 90s when WUAB would sign on in the morning (I watched them before school) and how they would go from their test pattern into signing on.  Here's their test pattern with their weird hybrid tone they used...

• Like 1

Unlike others who seem to hate living in this country, I personally think that playing the national anthem is a welcome sight on television. We should be proud for the freedoms that we have living in the United States of America, and we shouldn't be afraid to show it for a few moments during the broadcast day.

I doubt those of you who are opposed to this will even be watching television during the time the anthem plays. We'll see if any other broadcasters follow suit! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty annoying that we've gotten to the point where our national anthem has become a hot-button political issue. If you like having it played on TV, you're a fascist, and if you don't, you're a communist. There's no pleasing anyone anymore, is there?

• Like 13

On 8/30/2019 at 11:08 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

Also, having the national anthem play every night is trending toward state-controlled media and nationalism. I'm definitely against that.

You weren't around in the '80s when few broadcast stations were 24/7 and nearly every stations played the anthem at sign-on and sign-off, were you?

• Like 2

On 8/31/2019 at 3:00 PM, MadMan400096 said:

I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty annoying that we've gotten to the point where our national anthem has become a hot-button political issue. If you like having it played on TV, you're a fascist, and if you don't, you're a communist. There's no pleasing anyone anymore, is there?

It's what kind of ticks me off about this forum.

If you don't like Trump or whatever, that's a valid thought, I think a lot of people don't really like him. But a lot of people here seem to dislike the idea of anything like playing the national anthem, because of whatever reason it might be. I don't think playing the SSB is anywhere near nationalism, and it really bugs me that people think this way, that somehow being proud of where you live is a bad thing.

• Like 5

• 24994J locked this topic
  • Weeters unlocked this topic