Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
tyrannical bastard

Nexstar...again

Recommended Posts

Just noticed that KELO switched to the standard Nexstar CMS rather than the locally-developed ones they had been using before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wonder if this means that The CW will move to KFVE.

 

That would be the most logical decision, since The CW is on KHON-DT2 in Honolulu. Wider audience for the network in Hawaii by moving it to or having a shared affiliation with KFVE.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KTSM in El Paso has moved into their new facilities. They have adopted the look of KRQE. Same logo, set and the NBC Nexstar graphics pkg. (instead of the CBA one, duh).

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They kept the "9" insignia, but it's behind a background like KRQE's.

 

G-MVSDTB_400x400.jpg

 

And they also got that damn desk too.

 

[MEDIA=twitter]1058493253258014720[/MEDIA]

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I mean, their corporate partner to the north *is* KRQE.

 

That logo fits.

Shame they don’t livestream - my current montage from them is out of date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ABC27 WHTM briefly (very briefly) displayed a new ‘Coming Up Next’ graphic yesterday. Looked 100% better than the package they are doing now. Tried to get a image but their website watch live page was acting up and couldn’t get it in time.

 

Also progress on their new studio is coming along, slowly but surely. Not sure when it’s going to be ready. I say early 2019 ... The attached photo is from their NEST live camera they have had set up for a while now. Link to that at ABC27’s website.

 

Progress.

 

— Matt

F16DB156-114E-434E-9246-47BED08AD53F.thumb.jpeg.137c67265dba55c9df2d96bef2fba3b2.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KTSM in El Paso has moved into their new facilities. They have adopted the look of KRQE. Same logo, set and the NBC Nexstar graphics pkg. (instead of the CBA one, duh).

An update on KTSM - they’re using “This is the Place.” Somebody phone Mr. NMSA.

 

Updating my montage now, found the new open at the end (though it was recorded by pointing a camera at a TV):

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Variety posted a profile on Nexstar and interviewed Perry Sook on Friday.

Quote

“We have no aspirations to be a national anything,” Sook says. “Our company goes from Burlington, Vermont to Honolulu and each of those communities have different needs and different tastes. We do three things that are vitally important: We produce local news content. We deliver entertainment and information. And we help local businesses sell stuff. Those are our reasons to exist.”

https://variety.com/2018/tv/features/nexstar-tribune-perry-sook-ceo-sinclair-1203094572/

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, d247 said:

Variety posted a profile on Nexstar and interviewed Perry Sook on Friday.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/features/nexstar-tribune-perry-sook-ceo-sinclair-1203094572/

Actually Perry, your company goes from Rhode Island to Hawai'i. There are THREE Nexstar markets east of Burlington, Connecticut, Springfield, MA, and Rhode Island.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, d247 said:

Variety posted a profile on Nexstar and interviewed Perry Sook on Friday.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/features/nexstar-tribune-perry-sook-ceo-sinclair-1203094572/

Another interesting tidbit out of all of this is that Nexstar plans to use stations in State Capitals for Political coverage in that particular state but the only concern about that is Nexstar is not in every single city that's a State Capital (For example, Nexstar isn't in Columbia-Jefferson City so, therefore, all of the Missouri stations Nexstar owns has to get creative with the way they cover Politics in Missouri)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 2:11 PM, oknewsguy said:

Another interesting tidbit out of all of this is that Nexstar plans to use stations in State Capitals for Political coverage in that particular state but the only concern about that is Nexstar is not in every single city that's a State Capital (For example, Nexstar isn't in Columbia-Jefferson City so, therefore, all of the Missouri stations Nexstar owns has to get creative with the way they cover Politics in Missouri)

Let's Take a closer look;

Montgomery, AL: They can open a bureau to supplement their Birmingham and Mobile operations

Juneau, AK: No operation in Alaska, Graycom Turf

Phoenix, AZ: They have KASW, but no news operation

Little Rock, AR: KARK

Sacramento, CA: In process of acquiring KTXL from Trubune

Denver, CO: Bureau for their existing operation - KXRM

Hartford, CT: WTNH

Dover, DE: No operation serving Delaware

Tallahassee, FL: Their closest operations are WMBB, WEAR, & WFLA

Atlanta, GA: Bureau for their existing operations

Honolulu, HI: KHON

Boise, ID: No operation in Idaho

Springfield, IL: WCIA, who can assist WGN once Nexstar take over in Chicago

Indianapolis, IN: WISH

Des Moines, IA: WOI or WHO, whichever Perry decides to keep

Topeka: KS: KSNT

Frankfort, KY: No operation

Baton Rouge, LA: WVLA

Augusta, ME: No operation

Annapolis, MD; No operation - This is Sinclair's turf

Boston, MA: Bureau for their existing operations - WWLP and WPRI for Bristol County

Lansing, MI: WLNS

St. Paul, MN: No operation

Jackson, MS: WJTV

Jefferson City, MO: Nexstar might call the University of Missouri and see whether KOMU is available

Helena, MT: No news operaion in Billings

Lincoln, NE: No operation - They should call Citadel to see whether KLKN is available - Graycom turf for now

Carson City, NV: No operation in Reno DMA, yet KLAS in Las Vegas

Concord, NH: No operation

Trenton, NJ: No operation

Santa Fe, NM: KRQE

Albany, NY: WTEN

Raleigh, NC: WNCN

Bismark, ND: KX News

Columbus, OH: WCMH

Oklahoma City, OK: In process of acquiring KFOR from Tribune

Salem, OR: KOIN

Harrisburg, PA: WHTM

Providence, RI: WPRI

Columbia, SC: Bureau for their existing operations

Pierre, SD: KELO Land

Nashville, TN: WKRN

Austin, TX: KAXN

Salt Lake City, UT: KTVX

Montpelier, VT: WVNY

Richmond, VA: WRIC

Olympia, WA: No operation

Charleston, WV: WOWK

Madison, WI: Bureau for their existing operations

Cheyenne, WY: No operation

 

Edited by JCB4TV
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KLRT-TV, FOX 16, on temp set as they remodel the FOX 16 set in Little Rock, AR. KARK-TV, house in same studio, debuted their set about 18 months ago. New  graphics package set to debut, too, for Fox. Early February. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 5:37 PM, JCB4TV said:

Albany, NY: Bureau for their existing operations

Raleigh, NC: Bureau for their existing operations

WTEN and WNCN exist. WTEN already has a Capitol correspondent to feed their other New York stations (plus WFFF/WVNY), WNCN seems to be looking for one.

On 12/24/2018 at 5:37 PM, JCB4TV said:

Albany, NY: Bureau for their existing operations

Raleigh, NC: Bureau for their existing operations

WTEN and WNCN exist. WTEN already has a Capitol correspondent to feed their other New York stations (plus WFFF/WVNY), WNCN seems to be looking for one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, scrabbleship said:

WTEN and WNCN exist. WTEN already has a Capitol correspondent to feed their other New York stations (plus WFFF/WVNY), WNCN seems to be looking for one.

WTEN and WNCN exist. WTEN already has a Capitol correspondent to feed their other New York stations (plus WFFF/WVNY), WNCN seems to be looking for one.

I made corrections to my post, please review.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is already a Nexstar capital bureau for Texas, based out of KXAN/Austin. It has been in operation for about 2 years and was pitched as one of the “benefits” of the Media General/LIN merger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Greggo said:

There is already a Nexstar capital bureau for Texas, based out of KXAN/Austin. It has been in operation for about 2 years and was pitched as one of the “benefits” of the Media General/LIN merger. 

I'm surprised Nexstar hasn't done capital bureaus in more ex-MG/LIN state capital cities than where they've done. Hopefully that'll change with the Tribune deal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an Ohio capitol bureau based at WCMH that provides content for WCMH, WDTN, WTRF, WKBN, and probably WOWK, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 4:37 PM, JCB4TV said:

Let's Take a closer look;

Montgomery, AL: They can open a bureau to supplement their Birmingham and Mobile operations

Juneau, AK: No operation in Alaska, Graycom Turf

Phoenix, AZ: They have KASW, but no news operation

Little Rock, AR: KARK

Sacramento, CA: In process of acquiring KTXL from Trubune

Denver, CO: Bureau for their existing operation - KXRM

Hartford, CT: WTNH

Dover, DE: No operation serving Delaware

Tallahassee, FL: Their closest operations are WMBB, WEAR, & WFLA

Atlanta, GA: Bureau for their existing operations

Honolulu, HI: KHON

Boise, ID: No operation in Idaho

Springfield, IL: WCIA, who can assist WGN once Nexstar take over in Chicago

Indianapolis, IN: WISH

Des Moines, IA: WOI or WHO, whichever Perry decides to keep

Topeka: KS: KSNT

Frankfort, KY: No operation

Baton Rouge, LA: WVLA

Augusta, ME: No operation

Annapolis, MD; No operation - This is Sinclair's turf

Boston, MA: Bureau for their existing operations - WWLP and WPRI for Bristol County

Lansing, MI: WLNS

St. Paul, MN: No operation

Jackson, MS: WJTV

Jefferson City, MO: Nexstar might call the University of Missouri and see whether KOMU is available

Helena, MT: No news operaion in Billings

Lincoln, NE: No operation - They should call Citadel to see whether KLKN is available - Graycom turf for now

Carson City, NV: No operation in Reno DMA, yet KLAS in Las Vegas

Concord, NH: No operation

Trenton, NJ: No operation

Santa Fe, NM: KRQE

Albany, NY: WTEN

Raleigh, NC: WNCN

Bismark, ND: KX News

Columbus, OH: WCMH

Oklahoma City, OK: In process of acquiring KFOR from Tribune

Salem, OR: KOIN

Harrisburg, PA: WHTM

Providence, RI: WPRI

Columbia, SC: Bureau for their existing operations

Pierre, SD: KELO Land

Nashville, TN: WKRN

Austin, TX: KAXN

Salt Lake City, UT: KTVX

Montpelier, VT: WVNY

Richmond, VA: WRIC

Olympia, WA: No operation

Charleston, WV: WOWK

Madison, WI: Bureau for their existing operations

Cheyenne, WY: No operation

 

Also note that for Denver, Nexstar is also in the process of acquiring KWGN/KDVR (even though yes, they DO have a bureau for the existing Colorado stations)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.