Nexstar...again

About time someone picked up Connection. I wonder if they're slowly transitioning to the blue graphics. WIAT's been using the open (WTNH graphics) since 2014 after the "WIAT 42 News" rebranding.

Parts of it look like the WFLA/WCMH package, which make it look more of a mismatch of consistency.

WJTV and WHLT have merged their websites into one, but under the WJTV.com URL. They have a website layout similar to the Nexstar layout. Makes one wonder if Nexstar will merge these two markets (Jackson and Hattiesburg, MS) together under the traditional Nexstar URL they give stations.

WKRG also has that same website layout now as well.

It appears that WHLT has all but given up doing any newscasts of their own of ANY kind....and just simulcasting WJTV's with a WHLT bug added to them. They're trying to pass off this as news "from the capital." And of course, WDAM eats their lunch since they're a LOCAL station and have covered the PINE BELT for YEARS...even the Raycom content from around the state sprinkled in (WLOX, WLBT and WMC) mixes better than what WHLT is doing!

And they're not using it well.

They've also butchered their graphics. Sad.

Hopefully, the Nexstar graphics are coming soon. WIAT 42 CBS WBMG-TV has certainly gone from hell to good and back to hell again. (New Vision saved them and LIN made them terrible again)

I'd even take a Nexstar parallelogram over their disaster of a look. (cbs eye) WIAT would be a blessing of a logo.

Now if only WKRG would use ANYTHING but that darn Media General music that should have been canned 5 years ago!!!!

• Like 1

It appears that Nexstar pulled its stations' live streaming from the NewsOn apps and WatchNewsOn.com. It was replaced with "Unfortunately, ____ is no longer available on NewsOn. For ____'s coverage on NewsOn, you can tune into ____." or "We're working to add another station in the area as soon as possible" or a black screen. The stations' logos were replaced by the NewsOn logo.

It appears that Nexstar pulled its stations' live streaming from the NewsOn apps and WatchNewsOn.com. It was replaced with "Unfortunately, ____ is no longer available on NewsOn. For ____'s coverage on NewsOn, you can tune into ____." or "We're working to add another station in the area" or a black screen. The stations' logos were replaced by the NewsOn logo.

It was only a matter of time.......

It appears that Nexstar pulled its stations' live streaming from the NewsOn apps and WatchNewsOn.com. It was replaced with "Unfortunately, ____ is no longer available on NewsOn. For ____'s coverage on NewsOn, you can tune into ____." or "We're working to add another station in the area" or a black screen. The stations' logos were replaced by the NewsOn logo.

Bad enough that a lot of the legacy Nexstar stations still don't live stream their newscasts, now this happens. Something tells me they're on the verge of axing the streams altogether next as another one of many many cost-cutting moves by this station group.

• Like 2

Bad enough that a lot of the legacy Nexstar stations still don't live stream their newscasts, now this happens. Something tells me they're on the verge of axing the streams altogether next as another one of many many cost-cutting moves by this station group.

What is the point? Do they think not streaming just drives people to traditional TV? It doesn't.

• Like 5

It appears that Nexstar pulled its stations' live streaming from the NewsOn apps and WatchNewsOn.com. It was replaced with "Unfortunately, ____ is no longer available on NewsOn. For ____'s coverage on NewsOn, you can tune into ____." or "We're working to add another station in the area as soon as possible" or a black screen. The stations' logos were replaced by the NewsOn logo.

Well... that goes my list on my thread in the breakroom section.

It was only a matter of time.......

What is the point? Do they think not streaming just drives people to traditional TV? It doesn't.

Well... that goes my list on my thread in the breakroom section.
In Nexstar's defense, live streaming really isn't that cheap. I mean, live streaming with broadcast quality cameras? Those don't come cheap, not to mention legacy media isn't as alive as it once was. Then again, Nexstar could've at least kept the livestreams of stations that already had them.

• 3 weeks later...

KRON, WFLA, WSPA, KASW, KXAN, KRQE, WBRE/WYOU, KLRT, KHON, KSNW, WFXR, KVEO, KWKT, WCBD, KTSM, WFFF/WVNY, WJBF, KAMR, WTVO, KSNT, KFDX, WJET, and WETM have the new website.

Of the Nexstar "legacy" stations only KVEO and KTSM changed their web address, they are now simply KVEO.com, KTSM.com

No Media General station has adopted the localportalhompage.net format so far.

KRON, WFLA, WSPA, KASW, KXAN, KRQE, WBRE/WYOU, KLRT, KHON, KSNW, WFXR, KVEO, KWKT, WCBD, KTSM, WFFF/WVNY, WJBF, KAMR, WTVO, KSNT, KFDX, WJET, and WETM have the new website.

Of the Nexstar "legacy" stations only KVEO and KTSM changed their web address, they are now simply KVEO.com, KTSM.com

No Media General station has adopted the localportalhompage.net format so far.

I guess they figured out that the localportalhomepage.net format was just a stupid fad after all.
  • Like 4

Yet the vast majority of Nexstar stations seem to be holding on to it for some reason.

It seems as if Media General bought Nexstar and not the other way around because if you notice not only did the former MG stations retain their websites but the executives of Media General (and LIN before Media General acquired LIN) has taken over Nexstar.

I actually think that Nexstar has changed for the better post-Media General merger and I hope the existing Nexstar stations (including the legacy stations) do away with "localhomepage.net"

• Like 1

It seems as if Media General bought Nexstar and not the other way around because if you notice not only did the former MG stations retain their websites but the executives of Media General (and LIN before Media General acquired LIN) has taken over Nexstar.

I actually think that Nexstar has changed for the better post-Media General merger and I hope the existing Nexstar stations (including the legacy stations) do away with "localhomepage.net"

You can still see Nexstar influence over the organization. From taking away employee benefits to cheap sets and graphics, to forcing stations to use Stephen Arnold themes.

• Like 2

You can still see Nexstar influence over the organization. From taking away employee benefits to cheap sets and graphics, to forcing stations to use Stephen Arnold themes.
They are based in Plano, and some of the Media General stations were already using Steven Arnold themes. Then again, I do see your point.
  • Like 1

• 24994J locked this topic
  • Weeters unlocked this topic