Nexstar...again

Surprised Nexstar hasn't trademarked the word "LOCAL" like Raycom did with the words "First Alert" http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4808:m6vrm9.4.23

It's because some Nexstar dairy farmers beat them to it....

Rat Bastards!!

Word Mark

LOCAL

Goods and Services IC 029. US 046. G & S: Milk; Cows' milk; Milk beverages with high milk content; Vanilla milk; Milk-based beverage containing coffee; Milk beverages containing fruits; Cheese; Yogurt; Yogurt-based beverages; Dairy-based food beverages; Dairy-based spreads; Cream, being dairy products; Butter. FIRST USE: 20141116. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20141116

Mark Drawing Code (5) WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS IN STYLIZED FORM

Serial Number 87188962

Filing Date September 30, 2016

Current Basis 1A

Original Filing Basis 1A

Date Amended to Current Register January 11, 2017

Owner (APPLICANT) NEXSTAR DAIRY L.L.C. LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY ARIZONA 6829 W Broadway Rd Phoenix ARIZONA 85043

Attorney of Record Marcos Eduardo Garciaacosta

Description of Mark Color is not claimed as a feature of the mark. The mark consists of the words "LOCAL" in script stylized manner.

Type of Mark TRADEMARK

Register SUPPLEMENTAL

Color me surprised they're keeping Bitesize and Hollywood Today Live. It just doesn't scream 'local' but with all the money Fox has put in you have to assume they refused to just allow it to go dark (and yes, WBAY still carries it for now despite going Gray).

Interesting that this was held at an outside facility and not one of their stations. At the end there were bars and tone saying CRM studios.

Since Nexstar doesn't have a station in Dallas, they'd have to fly/drive somewhere. CRM is a for-rent studio in Dallas. Last broadcast they did, they actually did hit the road and originated from KXAN in Austin, a former LIN/Media General station they've now gobbled up.

Hah! I looked up that registration and it actually belongs to one Phoenix-based Danzeisen Dairy.

The accompanying drawing (more like a script typeface) appears on their milk bottles. They have some special edition bottles including Arizona Cardinals ones, too.

They're pretty cool because they are a startup basically, bottling milk in *glass* bottles which pretty much hadn't happened in the Valley in decades. They have all this old equipment and whatnot.

If Nexstar did operate a dairy, however, it'd be appropriate. They kind of stink.

• Like 2

for some reason the same cuts of Newsforce by 615 that WPRI/WNAC have been using for years have been stuck in my head especially that Bumper version they keep using. I think Nexstar might do something about that. i used to associate Newsforce with KENS and KCAL.

The biggest laugh I had was about the company credit cards going away. Employees will be "reimbursed" for buying things for the company. And anyone who doesn't have a card or doesn't want to use one needs to find someone to buy their stuff! Perry said (just let your boss buy it!) You don't get cheaper than this. Building a company while your employees are holding the bag.

Oh yeeeeah and gotta love the line following that about "your boss" will appreciate being able to rack up more bonus points/card rewards or something to that effect on their personal cards due to them helping the "poor, lowly" employee out. He didn't say poor or lowly but it's probably true that regular employees don't have the means to afford much working for that company. Basically soon, there will be plenty of managers with even higher credit scores and purchasing power due to this Mickey Mouse way of doing things. It was such a wink wink, nod nod gesture directed towards his top managers and he didn't even try and hide it. Haaa :D

• Like 5

Since Nexstar doesn't have a station in Dallas, they'd have to fly/drive somewhere. CRM is a for-rent studio in Dallas. Last broadcast they did, they actually did hit the road and originated from KXAN in Austin, a former LIN/Media General station they've now gobbled up.

I guess I'm partly surprised there isn't a studio in their HQ given all the must runs about their CEO.

If all else fails, just stumble around and chant local, Local, LOCAL a few times and things will magically appear to look up in your life! The smart ones will find a better company to work for or get out of the business.

If they're smart, they are choose the latter. The media (both digital/OTA) business model is dead.

• Like 1

Color me surprised they're keeping Bitesize and Hollywood Today Live. It just doesn't scream 'local' but with all the money Fox has put in you have to assume they refused to just allow it to go dark (and yes, WBAY still carries it for now despite going Gray).

I'm surprised about that too. I don't imagine that show getting better ratings than "Access Hollywood Live." Plus, producing a show from SoCal isn't cheap.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they've ditched the long time "24-hour news" format at the legacy LIN stations, in particular Indianapolis and Grand Rapids?

They still have them for now but possibly after March, it may go away. Once done, KCRG will be the only one left with it.

• Like 2

They still have them for now but possibly after March, it may go away. Once done, KCRG will be the only one left with it.

It will be a sad day when both WISH/WOOD are forced to drop the "24hour" name. Also will sad when WOOD is forced to drop "Primetime News" and same goes for WAVY with "Newswire"

• Like 2

It will be a sad day when both WISH/WOOD are forced to drop the "24hour" name. Also will sad when WOOD is forced to drop "Primetime News" and same goes for WAVY with "Newswire"

Why is everyone expecting Nexstar to give everyone an Arnold theme? Nexstar revamped KLAS and guess what? THEY'RE NOT USING AN ARNOLD THEME. Instead, they're using the 360 theme.

For all we know, Nexstar might be, at best, a bastardized hybrid of new MG with Nexstar. We already know that they're going to cut, cut, cut.

Why is everyone expecting Nexstar to give everyone an Arnold theme? Nexstar revamped KLAS and guess what? THEY'RE NOT USING AN ARNOLD THEME. Instead, they're using the 360 theme.

For all we know, Nexstar might be, at best, a bastardized hybrid of new MG with Nexstar. We already know that they're going to cut, cut, cut.

I think it's because not only was KLAS' previous theme done by 360, that theme was commissioned by KLAS. The two probably have a good relationship.

• Like 1

I think it's because not only was KLAS' previous theme done by 360, that theme was commissioned by KLAS. The two probably have a good relationship.

Like Big Country News said, It's probably cause 360 is owned by Arnold. KFTA uses 360 as their theme.

I can't remember if there are any other Nexstar stations that use a 360 package.

Chances are most nexstar stations are going to keep what they use for news packages if it works in that market. so this means that some of those nexstar stations are going to end up with either an update or refresh of that same package rather than a completely new news package. they aren't always going to use a SAM package in fact they can still use a Gari package if commissioned.

Chances are most nexstar stations are going to keep what they use for news packages if it works in that market. so this means that some of those nexstar stations are going to end up with either an update or refresh of that same package rather than a completely new news package. they aren't always going to use a SAM package in fact they can still use a Gari package if commissioned.

Yeah. I thought that same way when WSYR with News Station after the Newport deal. And look what happened months later... We'll just have to wait and see.

Anywho, Nexstar has (finally) closed its acquisition of West Virginia Media Holdings today (1/31).

Its only publication The State Journal, was acquired by a local firm called NCWV Media back on December 1.

WVMH.
  • Like 1

There's hope on the streaming front.....

KOLR/KOZL in Springfield, MO is now streaming their newscasts online and has a Roku channel! (that doesn't stream newscasts.....yet)

It's livestream, so I am hoping and PRAYING that Nexstar doesn't screw that up for the acquired MG stations....

Watching a little of their newscast is like going back in time 10 years when HD was new, sets were made of fake wood veneer, graphics were gratuitous and flashy....and Arnold's "Signature"!!!! before SESAC sent his packages back to the clearance bin for Nexstar to pick up years later....

• 24994J locked this topic
  • Weeters unlocked this topic