Nexstar...again

The same goes with Waco, or more specifically, KWKT and KYLE-TV

They haven't made an official announcement on them yet but it should start in Early of 2016, if everything goes well. No exact date yet.

So what they recently did in Roanoke, they're going to do it in Huntsville.

B&C just posted today that Nexstar is going to start in-house news ops for WZDX with an expansion of its 9pm news to a full hour.

It will spend over $3M to update its facilities, reporting capabilities & hire 20 positions for this news expansion.

The new in-house newscast on WZDX will debut on April 4, 2016.

Don't be surprised if Nexstar does more. With WFXR, WZDX and KWKT all launching news departments, I expect more FOX stations owned by Nexstar to soon have their own news departments as well.

WOWK has added the Nexstar close to end of newscasts. Since Nexstar is running the 4 WV Media Stations under a time brokerage agreement until FCC gives the blessing.

I wonder if the statewide 5:30 newscast will end up simulcasted on WHAG in due time. Currently WJAL relays it for the Eastern Panhandle and I would think that Nexstar might want their newscast on their station.

So what they recently did in Roanoke, they're going to do it in Huntsville.

B&C just posted today that Nexstar is going to start in-house news ops for WZDX with an expansion of its 9pm news to a full hour.

It will spend over $3M to update its facilities, reporting capabilities & hire 20 positions for this news expansion.

The new in-house newscast on WZDX will debut on April 4, 2016.

The Question is WZDX will renamed Local 54 or Just WZDX?

• 2 months later...

and let it began for the soon to be gone WVMH stations.

WBOY is now WVAlways.com

WOWK is now TriStateUpdate.com.

WTRF is now YourOhioValley.com.

WVNS is now WeAreWVProud.com.

WBOY is now WVAlways.com

WTRF is the only halfway decent one. The others.....well....pretty much are the garbage we have come to expect from Nexstar.

Someone should seriously make a website that randomly generates Nexstar-esque web site titles...

I find it odd they've kept the Frankly websites.....they must be running out their contract until they get one of their own layouts...

• Like 4

WBOY is now WVAlways.com

Just when you think they couldn't get worse...
At least they have a new website layout (though I'm not sure about that, or if they'll switch to an updated version of their rendition of Lakana). Other than that, they're right up there with Sinclair, yet both are below Scripps for worst station group.
  • Like 4

If I'm a betting man, I'm going to say either myvalleymatters.com, valleyproud.com, or ourvalleyhomepage.com

I like the first one especially since WKBN and WYTV used to have myvalleyweather.com and myvalleysports.com before their websites were redesigned.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Big follow-up regarding KLAF/KADN.

After almost a year investing in new equipment & hiring personnel, the station will formally implement its new in-house news operation tomorrow night at 5pm.

I guess hiring someone to proofread was not a priority.

Local NBC and Fox News Comming to Acadiana

Published 03/31 2016 11:10AM

Updated 03/31 2016 11:16AM

placeholder-16x9.jpg

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

• KLAF%20300x250_OP_1_CP__1459440297572_7863836_ver1.0.jpg

KLAF-TV (NBC) AND KADN-TV (FOX) ELEVATE COMMITMENT TO L

• Like 2