Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
tyrannical bastard

Nexstar...again

KASW did something: they acquired Phoenix Rising (USL) rights for 35 games including all USL fixtures. It may be a second-division team established in 2016, but it's rapidly catching fire here and almost won the USL league this past season. The rights move over from YurView (Cox), so this is the first time games will be available OTA. The deal doesn't affect streaming rights, which remain with ESPN+ (though streaming viewers only get the PRFC commentators for home games).

The first game is a tournament game against Real Salt Lake on February 16. The station will also produce a local halftime show.

This is the biggest sports rights get in 61's recent history and arguably the most impactful development since becoming a separate concern. The station had previously carried some Coyotes games from 1996-2006 (and one in 2013) and was the local OTA simulcast carrier for the 2015 NFC Wild Card Game.

Also, reading articles that say "Your Phoenix CW" is a massive, massive kludge.

Edited by Ramona

18 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

The fourth girl in the front is covering it with her hand... it's just the big 8 with woodtv.com in white on the corners... Very similar to sister station WLNS.. theirs is a big 6 with wlns.com in white in the corners

That's rather interesting, even though I don't live stream newscasts. Still, that's rather interesting

2 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

Is Nexstar rolling out a different format website layout??

Check out KXAN's site -- totally different than other sites... I rather like it myself...

It's nice to see that Nexstar has apparently hired, apparently, someone who stayed awake in their webpage design class. As for me personally, living on Oklahoma, it will be a better pill to sallow when KFOR joins Nexstar and migrates to the new platform.

9 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

Check out KXAN's site -- totally different than other sites... I rather like it myself...

I just checked KETK's and KAMR's sites, and it must be a thing.  No change in the dumb website domain names, though.

On 2/6/2019 at 6:20 PM, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

WISH isn't on it yet, but that's assuming Nexstar does indeed sell WISH/WNDY.

KLAS has the new website (same name  unfortunately)

KTVX and WCIA still have the old site, but have dropped the stupid nexstar names.

Edited by atlnews2

1 hour ago, atlnews2 said:

KLAS has the new website (same name  unfortunately)

KTVX and WCIA still have the old site, but have dropped the stupid nexstar names.

That's false apparently. I just checked LasVegasNOW.com and its still the same as those two other sites.

50 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

That's false apparently. I just checked LasVegasNOW.com and its still the same as those two other sites.

I don 't know what to tell you. I'm on the site right now and it's the new look

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 6.17.21 PM.png

• Like 2

Speaking of KTVX, it seems that the station has dumped the "News 4 Utah" branding (again) and reverted back to "ABC 4 News"... 

New Branding: 

Old Branding: