Nexstar...again

What bothers me the most is that everyone is calling the "Chicago My Home" signature the "Enforcer signature". Sad that is associated with Enforcer more than anything. I've never considered it the "Enforcer sig" but always the Chicago My Home signature or the "CBS Inc. Signature"...

is their an audio version of.the Arnold's enforcer that can be heard?

It's been floating around. I've heard it... it's not fantastic. SAM could've done much better, but it's still good to hear something non-Gari with the "I Love Chicago, Chicago My Home" signature...

How was that sanewsguy?

It's been floating around. I've heard it... it's not fantastic. SAM could've done much better, but it's still good to hear something non-Gari with the "I Love Chicago, Chicago My Home" signature...

How was that sanewsguy?

Good. :) But the guy who replied above you completely ignored it. ^_^

So it is official, KGPE went HD today...

http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/story/trial-begins-for-fcc-teacher-accused-of-assaulting-student/d/story/hw90eLCp3Em9c2RxAwicEw

BUT

:awesome: apparently no one trained the sound technicians because their facebook page is flooded with comments like...

new set and graphics look awesome, but it sounds like you all are talking in tin cans and the audio is off... but looking good!!

Please fix the audio. The sound and the video look like the anchors are lipsynching. BAD

Sound was so bad I had to change the Chanel. Audio is completely off. I love watching the 47 news but can't watch it like this, sorry. Please fix it!!

@CBS47 OK what has happened to the sound on our new "HD" news ???

You get the point... apparently the commenters do not because it goes on for dozens of comments... :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat:

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't shock me, also thinking music will be The Rock and John Young will stay their VO.

Yeah, The Rock would be the easy, but I wouldn't be shocked if its something other than the Rock. Maybe Third Coast or Signature.

Anywho. In Syracuse, the Post-Standard stated that WSYR is in process of selling one of its buildings, while expanding another building. Construction is underway to extend its existing one-story 3,850 sq. ft. facility, while selling its other 15,000 sq. ft. building. The reasoning is to have all 115 employees be under one roof, instead of two, and when several administrative positions were eliminated after the acquisition, they felt they needed less of that space.

Now I understand you need more of the space to have everybody in one place, but I have a feeling that there's probably more to it with this expanding one building. I understand prior to the closing of the acquisition, WSYR was centralcasting Newport's Upstate NY station's right? Have they finished unwinding that, and formally move those centralcasting ops to WROC? I'm asking this is because I think its more wise, is that the place that needs to expand is not WSYR, but at WROC, where it becomes a crowded field there.

Wouldn't shock me, also thinking music will be The Rock and John Young will stay their VO.

I am going to be safe and say U-Phonix or The Rock and VO would be John Young and right now as I look at the NMSA site KSEE is using both Scott Chaplin and as of now, It would be John Young.

and yes I have the resources on what packages with both VO's using the NBC Collection and the Tower:

http://www.southernmedia-nmsa.com/#1,1,KSEE

I am going to be safe and say U-Phonix or The Rock and VO would be John Young and right now as I look at the NMSA site KSEE is using both Scott Chaplin and as of now, It would be John Young.

and yes I have the resources on what packages with both VO's using the NBC Collection and the Tower:

http://www.southernmedia-nmsa.com/#1,1,KSEE

KSEE dropped Chapin in 2009 in favor of John Young, because Granite mandates their stations use him as their announcer,

KSEE dropped Chapin in 2009 in favor of John Young, because Granite mandates their stations use him as their announcer,

Really, Never knew that until now! John Young does VO's for KAKE-TV aka KAKEland in Wichita, Kansas and KARK in Little Rock, Arkansas.

KAKEland is the nickname for the extension for its full power and low power stations.

KSEE did their own news report about their new set today. It looks like they'll probably going to launch on the day of the Sweeps, as they said, within a week. Their sister-station KGPE debut their new digs on a Wednesday.

And just as we thought, they're getting Look G.

Definitely a step up from their current graphics which look really cheap and really terrible.

And it seems like Nexstar really likes "Local".

So it happened earlier tonight, KSEE 24 went HD.

First I didn't notice until I saw it a few times, but the time & temp is not on top of the bug, it's in the upper right hand corner. And when a live shot is shown, the LIVE icon is next to the time and temp. I see this changed in the near future. That's already a new pet peeve. Never place a time & temp bug anywhere other than adjacent to the station logo bug.

The station didn't go with The Rock, while some have speculated. Their theme song of choice? Locals Only!! I think that's a good choice for them.

Here's the look at both KGPE & KSEE new sets.

1380085_10151451843747168_598993726_n.jpg

74554_10151904878379927_1115751668_n.jpg

Photos Courtesy of KGPE/KSEE through their FB walls.

Posted earlier, but I'll post it here too.

Nexstar is acquiring stations owned by Grant Communications for $87.5M.

Fox station KLJB will be assigned to Mission, and Nexstar will operate it under a LMA. Nexstar will own KGCW outright and the pending sale of three Citadel stations, including WHBF. So WHBF, KLJB & KGCW will be controlled by Nexstar in the Quads.

With WHBF being an underdog, I believe Nexstar will make a much needed infrastructure into WHBF, and to have Fox station KLJB, this will be the first time that all of the Big-3 stations in town have produced its 9pm newscast at some point in time. Of course the first one who produced their newscast was local outsourced news firm Independent News Network. Then later WQAD, and right now KWQC. Now with this ownership change, they can easily end that agreement, once the deal closes.

As for the other three markets, WLAX/WEUX is north of the Quads, and it goes kind of well with WFRV in Green Bay, and WZDX in Huntsville probably boost its Alabama presents with WDHN in Dothan (although Nexstar should pursue acquiring the full Calkins stations, including WAAY), Grant's flagship stations would be the first for Nexstar in that part of that region. It probably makes me thing that Nexstar could pursue in acquiring MG's WSLS, or MG could use its shell card to acquire WFXR in the future. With WLAX/WEUX, it makes me think that they're probably want to acquire the Morgan Murphy stations in Wisconsin, since they own WKBT, and it's flagship WISC in Madison.

So although the Roanoke properties gives them another "island", the other properties shows how I love Nexstar's wise decision and have a strategic way to acquiring stations that makes the most sense. And for that I commend Perry Sook and the folks at Nexstar.

So I think everybody should look at the Quad Cities market, because by the Spring, if not earlier, it would be the first time that all of the commercial TV stations in that market will have new owners (KWQC - Media General & WQAD - Tribune, along with WHBF/KLJB/KGCW - Nexstar).

• 24994J locked this topic
  • Weeters unlocked this topic