Nexstar...again

On 8/3/2021 at 8:58 AM, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Nexstar recently posted the affiliate list for Rewind TV.

KMSS has it in Shreveport, KABB(!) has it in San Antonio and WOIO has it in Cleveland. 

I'm surprised that KIAH in Houston (which is owned by Nexstar) wasn't included on the list.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 10:47 AM, CircleSeven said:

New M&A. 

Nexstar want to exercise its option to acquire outright Vaughan's WBDT.

It already owns NBC outlet WDTN.

Update.

Seems that Vaughan has withdrawn the application. Don't know why that it.

EDIT: I just thought of this just now. 

Remember when Sinclair started shifting the networks around earlier this year? They moved Fox to the sub of WKEF. That probably made WRGT a non top-4 station and WBDT the new 4th ranked station.

Edited by CircleSeven

9 hours ago, DENDude said:

KWGN has dropped it's 11PM Newscast as of Friday October 8, 2021.

I noticed that too. Ultimately, I think it's because they don't want to hire two anchors to fill those spots. Since Keagan Harsha and Aristea Brady left, they have no interest in filling those positions.

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2021 at 4:08 PM, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

Is Nexstar revamping website layouts?? Ohio stations WDTN and WCMH have different layouts than the current layouts.

Yes. WREG and WATE were the first two stations to roll out the new website format. I believe @KentBrockman made a mention of this over on Discord a while back.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

KLFY is starting up a local lifestyle show of their own in the afternoon (at 3:30p, to be exact) starting on January 10th. It is called "Acadiana Live," and is hosted by Lidia Alcala. The promo for the show is here at this link: https://www.klfy.com/acadiana-live/acadiana-live-klfys-all-new-lifestyle-show-premieres-jan-10/#!/

As her KLFY bio states, she is fresh out of college, too (a UL Lafayette graduate): https://www.klfy.com/author/lidia-alcala/

Currently, a second run of "Judge Judy" is airing in the 3:30p timeslot.......

Edited by J1975am

• 24994J locked this topic
  • Weeters unlocked this topic