Nexstar...again

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Follow up.

The WNAC deal has finally been consummated as of last Wednesday (6/16).

The Mission website has included WNAC in their station listing with an interesting element.

Is the station changing its logo?

wnac_tv_providence_logo__nexstar_styled_

Nope, it won't change.
https://www.deviantart.com/unitedworldmedia/art/WNAC-TV-Providence-logo-Nexstar-styled-842465984

• Haha 1

Actually, if you right-click the image to a new tab or window from Mission broadcasting's website, the URL reads:

"https://missionbroadcastinginc.com/stationlogos/wnac_tv_providence_logo__nexstar_styled__by_unitedworldmedia_ddxkyww-fullview_1623891723.png"

Nevermind, it was already mentioned.

Edited by kfc513

On 5/3/2021 at 9:11 AM, sanewsguy said:

https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/nexstar/job/Nexstar---WDKY/News-Director_REQ-9296

Does this not sound like they are launching an in-house news department? Which if so, is something I've been predicting since the day the ink dried on the transfer from Sinclair. This wording "from near the ground up" makes it seem like the two WDKY-only anchors (Marvin Bartlett and Kristen Pflum), who are contracted to Nexstar, would go to this possible in-house effort, severing the ties with WKYT.

Makes me wonder where WDKY would go to do its news. The current office is too small to house a news department (and it's just that, sales and marketing offices; master control had been out of WSYX in Columbus and is now coming from one of the Nexstar hubs, probably Indianapolis). New building?

So many questions....

Now looks like an Assistant News Director job. 

How often do you get the chance to build a local TV newsroom? 

https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/nexstar/job/Nexstar---WDKY/Assistant-News-Director_REQ-10326

Edited by LexTVandRadio

Not official... 

WDKY FOX56

We’re creating a brand-new newsroom and want a meteorologist for our evening newscasts who connects with our viewers and values her/his teammates. WDKY is looking for a PM Meteorologist.

AM Meteorologist

Weekend Sports Anchor / Reporter

AM News Producer

Reporter / MMJ

News Photographer / MMJ

News Producer - PM

Sports Anchor/Reporter

News AM Anchor

Edited by LexTVandRadio
other postings

• 2 weeks later...

New M&A. Looks like White Knight could be the next target........

Nexstar is exercising its option to acquire KSHV Shereveport, LA & KTPN-LD in Tyler, TX.

Because the 2017 dereg rules were reinstated last month, Nexstar (which owns NBC outlet KTAL) can acquire KSHV without getting a failed waiver, because that station is not in the top-4. And of course, the eight voice test is eliminated. 

Could WVLA & KFXK be going to Mission soon?....... 

EDIT 7/21: More stations going into Nexstar proper....

Nexstar has exercised its option to get Mission Broadcasting LPs KCPN-LD Amarillo & KJBO-LD Wichita Falls.

Edited by CircleSeven

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I noticed that WDTN's YouTube channel got marked for kids. Apparently, I don't even know why. I only checked there recent videos, but I was actually really surprised by this.

I checked WCMH's YouTube channel and none of there videos got marked for kids. So I am guessing that it must have been a oversight by YouTube.

Edited by Jakob
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Jakob said:

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I noticed that WDTN's YouTube channel got marked for kids. Apparently, I don't even know why. I only checked there recent videos, but I was actually really surprised by this.

I checked WCMH's YouTube channel and none of there videos got marked for kids. So I am guessing that it must have been a oversight by YouTube.

Here is proof.

EDIT: I just contacted WDTN about this issue, let's hope I get a response soon.

Screenshot_20210725-092400.png

Edited by Jakob

10 hours ago, Jakob said:

Here is proof.

EDIT: I just contacted WDTN about this issue, let's hope I get a response soon.

Screenshot_20210725-092400.png

To be fair, YouTube’s COPPA moderation system is pretty broken. There’s thousands of videos and some entire YT channels not specifically intended for kids that its AI-based COPPA moderation system mistakenly marked as being for kids and have commenting, download, in-app miniplayer and sharing features accordingly disabled as a result; a glaring example of why social media companies shouldn’t rely on AI for content moderation unless its fool-proof against false positives. One similar example is the YT channel of the Lawrenceburg, Tennessee-based Tennessee Valley Weather service (both the stream for its 24-hour live channel and all uploaded videos are mis-marked for COPPA feature restrictions and have the YouTube Kids banner ad).

Edited by T.L. Hughes
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, T.L. Hughes said:

To be fair, YouTube’s COPPA moderation system is pretty broken. There’s thousands of videos and some entire YT channels not specifically intended for kids that its AI-based COPPA moderation system mistakenly marked as being for kids and have commenting, download, in-app miniplayer and sharing features accordingly disabled as a result; a glaring example of why social media companies shouldn’t rely on AI for content moderation unless its fool-proof against false positives. One similar example is the YT channel of the Lawrenceburg, Tennessee-based Tennessee Valley Weather service (both the stream for its 24-hour live channel and all uploaded videos are mis-marked for COPPA feature restrictions and have the YouTube Kids banner ad).

Oh wow, I didn't even know that channel got marked for kids too!

As i mentioned, I contacted WDTN about this issue. Not sure I am going to get a response though.

Edited by Jakob

I don’t understand the backwards thinking. NN has a TON more users on digital versus on TV. That’s been previously reported. That’s why they push out app alerts like crazy to try to push people to the Cable Channel (yawn). But it’s the same with local news. More people have their apps downloaded. Stop looking at this backwards. Stop promoting a newscast in a newscast to switch to another channel when the end user is just not going to. It’s only checking a checkmark for Perry. If Perry understood audience sizes he would make every local station app push to the new programming on NN and have a live stream embedded in apps just like CBSN or NBC NEWS NOW. 

Data. Science. Work smarter. Not harder. 

• Like 1

On the page (which you can find here), WBRE 28.3 is listed as the only affiliate in Pennsylvania. The list will probably be updated later on, but I'm surprised WPHL wasn't included. They could put it on 17.3, replacing Court TV, so that it's next to sister channel Antenna TV.

The schedule for Rewind TV was also released.

1 hour ago, phillynewslover said:

The schedule for Rewind TV was also released.

That's it? That's a stale lineup if they're going to air it for the entire 7 days.

You would think they would air something different, or at least move the shows around a bit on the weekend.

Edited by CircleSeven

• 24994J locked this topic
  • Weeters unlocked this topic