Nexstar...again

DANG! The Cancellation Bear gets cancelled. A unlikely victim of the Tribune acquisition, TV By the Numbers: https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/the-end/

So unfortunate, but I guess Marc Berman will be my go-to for morning after primetime ratings releases for now on. 

Edited by tvtime07
  • Sad 4

21 hours ago, tvtime07 said:

DANG! The Cancellation Bear gets cancelled. A unlikely victim of the Tribune acquisition, TV By the Numbers: https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/the-end/

So unfortunate, but I guess Marc Berman will be my go-to for morning after primetime ratings releases for now on. 

At least Zap2it is still around. Once that goes away, I'll truly feel it. I kinda use it for my blog sometimes.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 3:31 PM, JCB4TV said:

The Nexstar politics graphics still don't match KFOR.

20200204_180816000_iOS.png

If that's still an issue then KFOR is going to have to make the time/temp bug small enough to fit in with the Nexstar Political L3rds (either that or do what WGN does and integrate it into the Tribune package)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

On 4/3/2019 at 7:15 PM, CircleSeven said:

Nexstar is now involved in a new lawsuit, against one of its own sidecars. Marshall Broadcasting Group.

From the release:

On 12/18/2019 at 11:43 AM, CircleSeven said:

Follow up. Marshall has now filed for Chapter 11.

So follow up.

Last year, Pluria Marshall filed a lawsuit against Nexstar. Months later, Marshall filed for Chapter 11.

Now by a bankruptcy court order, Marshall is going to sell his three stations to Mission Broadcasting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

So follow up.

Last year, Pluria Marshall filed a lawsuit against Nexstar. Months later, Marshall filed for Chapter 11.

Now by a bankruptcy court order, Marshall is going to sell his three stations to Mission Broadcasting.

In other words, KLJB, KMSS and KPEJ will effectively be 100% Nexstar stations as Mission is just a sidecar of Nexstar.

• Like 1

WJTV in Jackson, MS is producing a Coronavirus town hall meeting that will be simulcast throughout Mississippi, as well as in neighboring markets that serve the state.

https://marketshare.tvnewscheck.com/2020/04/09/nexstar-hosting-live-coronavirus-special-across-9-stations/

To acheive full statewide coverage, Nexstar has partnered with Morris and WMDN-TV to broadcast the special in Columbus/Tupelo, Biloxi/Gulfport and Meridian.  WREG in Memphis is also carrying it, and the Nexstar stations in New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Mobile will be streaming it online.

It should be noted that WMDN is about to be sold to a subsidiary of Sheldon Galloway (a license-holder to which Nexstar has provided services to) and most of us have discussed the other company as an M&A target.

Edited by tyrannical bastard

On 4/9/2020 at 4:52 AM, CircleSeven said:

So follow up.

So let me ask this, did Mission try to buy the stations from ComCorp the first time but the DOJ told them no? If so then I have to wonder what Nexstar is thinking because if the DOJ did in fact tell Nexstar they couldn't use Mission to acquire KPEJ/KMSS and they're trying that again that might raise a red flag in the DOJ's eyes

1 hour ago, oknewsguy said:

So let me ask this, did Mission try to buy the stations from ComCorp the first time but the DOJ told them no? If so then I have to wonder what Nexstar is thinking because if the DOJ did in fact tell Nexstar they couldn't use Mission to acquire KPEJ/KMSS and they're trying that again that might raise a red flag in the DOJ's eyes

The DOJ only told Nexstar to divest WEVV, because that would've gave them too much control in Evansville with WEHT/WTVW. WEVV was originally proposed to be ran by a new female-ran shell Rocky Creek Broadcasting. But it was eventually sold to DuJuan McCoy's Bayou City Broadcasting with no sharing agreement attached.

It was Wheeler and the Democratic-ran FCC that didn't act on the original Mission proposal because at the time Wheeler had a strict guidance on scrutinizing deals with sharing arrangements. So Nexstar amended that application to assign those stations to Marshall

Edited by CircleSeven

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

The DOJ only told Nexstar to divest WEVV, because that would've gave them too much control in Evansville with WEHT/WTVW. WEVV was originally proposed to be ran by a new female-ran shell Rocky Creek Broadcasting. But it was eventually sold to DuJuan McCoy's Bayou City Broadcasting with no sharing agreement attached.

It was Wheeler and the Democratic-ran FCC that didn't act on the original Mission proposal because at the time Wheeler had a strict guidance on scrutinizing deals with sharing arrangements. So Nexstar amended that application to assign those stations to Marshall

So basically Nexstar is just transferring the Marshall stations to Mission.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Lucas Welter said:

KRON 4 is using Aerial (Stephen Arnold) during the commercial break of KRON 4 News.

I noticed them using a promo with the Aerial package awhile back.  I hope they're not planning to drop the KRON music pkg.

Nothing new. The current graphics package was supposed to launch with Aerial. That didn't happen for some reason, but they apparently paid SAM for the rights to the package, so it pops up randomly.

• Like 3

New D Magazine article online interviewing Perry Sook.  I haven't read it yet to see if it's just fluffy or if it actually has some newsbits in it.

https://www.dmagazine.com/business-economy/2020/05/d-ceos-may-2020-digital-edition-now-available/

ETA:::: Sorry, didn't realize the first link was an intro.  This one takes you to it, but it's digital pages, not text (sorry again).  Flip to "pages" 34-35.

https://issuu.com/dceo/docs/dceo_0520

Edited by east-tx-tv

• 2 weeks later...
  • 24994J locked this topic
  • Weeters unlocked this topic