Nexstar...again

22 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

Is WOOD potentially doing a graphics refresh? There's some hints of it as seen here with the Weather Open 

I see some hints of the WISH package in the Weather open.

The transitions are almost a dead giveaway that it includes elements of the WISH gfx, but the font is especially similar in the weather graphics.    I just hope they don't dump Primetime News, under any circumstances.

Edited by TheRyan
emphasis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheRyan said:

The transitions are almost a dead giveaway that it includes elements of the WISH gfx, but the font is especially similar in the weather graphics.    I just hope they don't dump Primetime News, under any circumstances.

Absolutely.

I think Primetime News will remain on WOOD even though they may update the graphics which that makes sense considering next year will be 25 years of Primetime News at WOOD, I see WOOD perhaps get some fresher cuts of the package (which that would make sense as well)

Edited by oknewsguy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, oknewsguy said:

Absolutely.

I think Primetime News will remain on WOOD even though they may update the graphics which that makes sense considering next year will be 25 years of Primetime News at WOOD

And hopefully Primetime News will still be in use 25 years from now.  In my book, that music ranks on the same level of value as MCTYW. 

It's a shame more stations aren't still using Primetime News.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, AJClementeFan69 said:

If WAVY got to keep Newswire I'd imagine WOOD gets to keep Primetime (I hope). If they switch it to Aerial or This is the Place...yuck.

As they should, I expect both WAVY and WOOD to give Newswire and Primetime News a few updates to it but otherwise. both of the packages at both of the stations should be left alone

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

As they should, I expect both WAVY and WOOD to give Newswire and Primetime News a few updates to it but otherwise. both of the packages at both of the stations should be left alone

Keep what they have and give to KFOR!

11 hours ago, cg41386 said:

WAVY already did a refresh to their theme a few years ago, it doesn’t really need any updates. Then again, I didn’t think the previous iteration needed any changes.

Anything is possible, WAVY might surprise us with an update to Newswire for their 25th anniversary, but they might not.

Not sure how this happened, but KLFY in Lafayette used the 2017-19 Nexstar animation to close their 5p news (it does have the 2020 copyright, BTW). Does any other Nexstar market (including the former Tribune ststions) have this close as of today??

1 hour ago, J1975am said:

Not sure how this happened, but KLFY in Lafayette used the 2017-19 Nexstar animation to close their 5p news (it does have the 2020 copyright, BTW). Does any other Nexstar market (including the former Tribune ststions) have this close as of today??

I can confirm that the copyright year it was updated to reflect that but from what I could tell, KFOR is using the current Nexstar animation.

This post will be edited if I do spot the 2017 animation on KFOR

Edited by oknewsguy

49 minutes ago, TheRob said:

Nexstar officially opened its Jefferson City bureau today. Jeff Bernthal from KTVI is staffing it for this legislative session, but they still plan to hire a permanent MMJ.

Just a thought, The University of Missouri owns KOMU should Nexstar be more interested in Central Missouri.

Something weird occurring on KLFY in Lafayette, LA again: They are running the new Nexstar close, but mentioned in the background are cities/towns in the Nashville, TN viewing area.

Should be for WKRN in Nashville (WKRN & KLFY are longtime sister stations going back to the Young Broadcasting days)...

Anyway, here is a screenshot (I didn’t take the photo this way; somehow that’s how it came out after I uploaded it, and you’ll also have to zoom in closely to look at the cities in question).....2335296C-AFF6-4381-B7DE-8E9D7CFE27FE.thumb.jpeg.88f0eeec9cd57aea18fe5b27d39cb04b.jpeg

Edited by J1975am

5 hours ago, J1975am said:

Something weird occurring on KLFY in Lafayette, LA again: They are running the new Nexstar close, but mentioned in the background are cities/towns in the Nashville, TN viewing area.

Should be for WKRN in Nashville (WKRN & KLFY are longtime sister stations going back to the Young Broadcasting days)...

Anyway, here is a screenshot (I didn’t take the photo this way; somehow that’s how it came out after I uploaded it, and you’ll also have to zoom in closely to look at the cities in question).....2335296C-AFF6-4381-B7DE-8E9D7CFE27FE.thumb.jpeg.88f0eeec9cd57aea18fe5b27d39cb04b.jpeg

Something similar happened on KDAF where they ran KIAH’s close after The Beat on 33. It wasn’t until they aired the Dallas Holiday Parade that they finally debuted their own with DFW counties.

Edited by Georgie56

On 1/10/2020 at 6:36 PM, J1975am said:

Nexstar's graphics hub is based in Nashville, which would explain this.

31 minutes ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

It's been this way for a little while now... At least 2 months... Very sad

Given that their former sister station WISH dropped the "24-Hour" part of their branding, sadly I knew that it was only a matter of WHEN, not IF WOOD was going to follow suit.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 12:36 PM, nomadcowatbk said:

would Mizzou sell KOMU?

KOMU is the J-school’s biggest attraction. And the J-school is pretty Much Mizzou’s biggest attraction. Plus they have plans to build KOMU a new state of the art building. Not a chance they’ll ever sell it unless the FCC forces them. 

https://abc17news.com/news/2017/11/10/mu-reveals-top-priority-projects-in-five-year-capital-plan-hopes-to-build-new-journalism-building/

I found this tidbit interesting...

“the facility would bring together MU’s media brands, including KOMU, KBIA, Missourian and Vox, in order to create a multi-platform environment.“

Would this be the only case of a network affiliate, NPR affiliate, local newspaper and local magazine all sharing a newsroom? 

Edited by MarkBRollins88_v2

On 1/13/2020 at 8:34 PM, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

KOMU is the J-school’s biggest attraction. And the J-school is pretty Much Mizzou’s biggest attraction. Plus they have plans to build KOMU a new state of the art building. Not a chance they’ll ever sell it unless the FCC forces them. 

https://abc17news.com/news/2017/11/10/mu-reveals-top-priority-projects-in-five-year-capital-plan-hopes-to-build-new-journalism-building/

I found this tidbit interesting...

“the facility would bring together MU’s media brands, including KOMU, KBIA, Missourian and Vox, in order to create a multi-platform environment.“

Would this be the only case of a network affiliate, NPR affiliate, local newspaper and local magazine all sharing a newsroom? 

I think Columbia, Mo. is the only place in the country where a University owns a big four network affiliate and an NPR member station.

• 24994J locked this topic
  • Weeters unlocked this topic