Nexstar...again

You can still see Nexstar influence over the organization. From taking away employee benefits to cheap sets and graphics, to forcing stations to use Stephen Arnold themes.

That's true but Nexstar is improving and all it needed was the Media General purchase for it to transform the company

That's true but Nexstar is improving and all it needed was the Media General purchase for it to transform the company

I fail to see the improvement. Even with the MG acquisition, Nexstar is getting cheaper and cheesier. The micromanagement from Irving sticks out like a sore thumb on the Nexstar station in my neck of the woods.

• Like 4

I fail to see the improvement. Even with the MG acquisition, Nexstar is getting cheaper and cheesier. The micromanagement from Irving sticks out like a sore thumb on the Nexstar station in my neck of the woods.

Yet they’re news open creativity has exploded...

• Like 1

Yeah, anyways I'm glad they dumped that awful "CBS North Carolina" branding.

CBS North Carolina never really sounded right anyway because it was just too bland (this was the branding WNCN should've went to when they switched to CBS in 2015)

• Like 1

Yet the vast majority of Nexstar stations seem to be holding on to it for some reason.

Big problem is the Facebook and Twitter dependence on the 'longregionname.com' domains and that you might break links in the archives to them; I still remember a few years ago that WFRV's Twitter account was taunted by the lucky person that got the @WFRV handle before they could get to it (they have to use @WFRVnews) and was offering them a ransom to get it. You probably have a lot of Nexstar stations that have that situation because of the web side stubbornly sticking to the 'ohmyfingershurttypingoutthislongregionname.com' naming strategy. The majority at least have their call letters .com name reserved and redirecting to the main domain, but the web side just doesn't want to do the legwork to make that the main domain. That, and you have situations like Arkansas and Little Rock where 'go to kark.com' won't work because of how complicated that state network they have is.

All Nexstar Stations got the new Website layout except its going to take Nexstar alot of time for these stations to get the new site layout because there are STILL 100+ Stations still using the old layout. there's way too many to count. i know KRON got it recently.

• Like 5

WOOD & WLNS now has new website layout

I had a friend of mine on Facebook who happens to live not too far from Grand Rapids (not saying his name though) showed me the new WOOD TV website and it looks pretty nice for a Nexstar.

Thankfully, WOOD didn't drop "woodtv.com" for "westmichigan.com" "westmichiganlocal.com" (however Nexstar names their websites)

Thankfully, WOOD didn't drop "woodtv.com" for "westmichigan.com" "westmichiganlocal.com" (however Nexstar names their websites)

Well if you think about it, Nexstar has been renaming its websites after call letters now so WOODTV.com is not going away, anytime soon, neither don't expect MyWestMichigan.com or WestMichiganNOW.com to come on board.

• Like 1

Well if you think about it, Nexstar has been renaming its websites after call letters now so WOODTV.com is not going away, anytime soon, neither don't expect MyWestMichigan.com or WestMichiganNOW.com to come on board.

Which is good because neither one of those Nexstar website names makes any sense, so I think that's one of the changes that we've seen out of Nexstar post-MG merger but still got a long way to go but, it's baby steps that we're taking

• Like 2

• 24994J locked this topic
  • Weeters unlocked this topic