Nexstar...again

My gripe is this. Shouldn't stations be doing this kind of stuff on a regular basis, instead of just doing it on the day of the company's founding? I feel they're doing this on a corporate mandate, instead of doing it just for the sake of helping their communities.

The Corp bullshit answer is: "We (Hackstar) help the community EVERYDAY of the year Mr.Circleseven...so we take great offense to your accusations of our laziness".....

Once a year is "a regular basis"...according to Crapstar.

This event of goodwill cost the corperation NOTHING to put on. I bet even the free t-shirts were donated. Employee time...donated...food...donated...air time...donated...water...tap...phone...tap...tap-tap-tap---sos.

The employees are the ones who really deserve the thanks. They are the pawns in the whole thing, ,,,but they volunteer and feel good doing so. (win-win).

The company does the absolute minimum to satisfy "Community Service" whatever the hell the FCC defines that as.

I didn't know Nexstar had a second Founder's Day of Caring. But Nexstar needs to learn that once a year isn't "a regular basis". If Nexstar were a good company, chances are they might give out more community service, and perhaps own less television stations and have less layoffs, which could even lead to a conclusion that Founder's Day wouldn't exist. Since I have no actual TV, despite my interest in TV, and since I did not go out two days ago I did not notice that there was a second Founder's Day although I live in a Nexstar market. Happy late Founder's Day, everyone.

I didn't know Nexstar had a second Founder's Day of Caring. But Nexstar needs to learn that once a year isn't "a regular basis". If Nexstar were a good company, chances are they might give out more community service, and perhaps own less television stations and have less layoffs, which could even lead to a conclusion that Founder's Day wouldn't exist. Since I have no actual TV, despite my interest in TV, and since I did not go out two days ago I did not notice that there was a second Founder's Day although I live in a Nexstar market. Happy late Founder's Day, everyone.

Well now we all can look forward to Jedidiah Springfield Day...and coming soon...Festivus!

( Conrad ehh?)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
You mean this?

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/update-25-shot-3-others-injured-at-downtown-lr-music-venue/755522298

Gee, I wonder where I've seen those graphics before.

Fort_Myers_Club_Blu_shootings___8_54am_U_0_43065241_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

A total rip-off of the old Journal graphics, plus the 9-pack behind the anchor desk composed of thick-bezeled NEC Monitors is long in the tooth.

• Like 1

That is the wrong sort of 9-pack — it hides half the graphic space you throw at it. Get Devlin to build one like KSAZ has or something. Please.

Hell, just go down to Best Buy and buy a 75" Vizio. I remember when one place was over-brightening their nine-pack to finally have an excuse to junk it. And those Journal graphics (they are, but with a font and color substitution, down to the blinking 'live' bug) might as well bump them down to 2007.

You mean this?

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/update-25-shot-3-others-injured-at-downtown-lr-music-venue/755522298

Gee, I wonder where I've seen those graphics before.

Fort_Myers_Club_Blu_shootings___8_54am_U_0_43065241_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

I think those graphics seen in the video shared are just used when both KARK/FOX 16 simulcast coverage of severe weather and breaking news. I found a KARK video on arkansasmatters.com posted on 7/7 that shows them using Look G graphics. (See screenshot)

I also found a Severe Weather Special from 2014 that aired on both stations and that program used the Journal look alike graphics (see screenshot) seen in the video shared here.

IMG_2293.thumb.PNG.c9838ed9dcc615bf55a37a383bfa3d97.PNG

IMG_2296.thumb.PNG.63fad9b1366ea9ae7bab3e3015545283.PNG

IMG_2297.thumb.PNG.3842257b24bd7d3757e8a87e17fff7c5.PNG

• 2 weeks later...