Nexstar...again

I like it -- makes me wonder if Nexstar is going to loosen up a bit on a more generalized group package?

Perhaps it is a test towards a new group package? It seems to be a slightly modified version of the most recent Media General package (there are some ex-MG stations that still use old graphic packages though)

• Like 1

It sounds like WRIC has a disgruntled employee. Another memo appeared on FTVLive.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/6/6/more-work-for-nexstar-staffers

This ND has zero clue about how to run and manage a newsroom.

But he sure does use all the latest newsroom buzz words.

And...

This goof is making the reporters pitch the active stand-up in the early meeting...before you even start shooting the story.

This ND is going to be bent over and beaten by his own staff and hopefully at the company Christmas party where everyone can watch.

BTW...

Just how much money does every "like" on facebook generate for the station?

• Like 3

This ND has zero clue about how to run and manage a newsroom.

But he sure does use all the latest newsroom buzz words.

And...

This goof is making the reporters pitch the active stand-up in the early meeting...before you even start shooting the story.

This ND is going to be bent over and beaten by his own staff and hopefully at the company Christmas party where everyone can watch.

BTW...

Just how much money does every "like" on facebook generate for the station?

The ND needs to be careful. Many reporters are hourly. Forcing someone who is hourly to do unpaid work off the clock -- such as setting the story up before walking in the door, etc. -- is illegal and companies, including some news outlets, have had to pay hefty fines before for doing so.

Nexstar plans to do a companywide community service for all of their markets to commemorate its 20th anniversary on Friday.

They're doing it again. The 2nd year of Founder's Day of Caring with an even expanded footprint from the last one.

My gripe is this. Shouldn't stations be doing this kind of stuff on a regular basis, instead of just doing it on the day of the company's founding? I feel they're doing this on a corporate mandate, instead of doing it just for the sake of helping their communities.

• Like 4

My gripe is this. Shouldn't stations be doing this kind of stuff on a regular basis, instead of just doing it on the day of the company's founding? I feel they're doing this on a corporate mandate, instead of doing it just for the sake of helping their communities.

The Corp bullshit answer is: "We (Hackstar) help the community EVERYDAY of the year Mr.Circleseven...so we take great offense to your accusations of our laziness".....

Once a year is "a regular basis"...according to Crapstar.

This event of goodwill cost the corperation NOTHING to put on. I bet even the free t-shirts were donated. Employee time...donated...food...donated...air time...donated...water...tap...phone...tap...tap-tap-tap---sos.

The employees are the ones who really deserve the thanks. They are the pawns in the whole thing, ,,,but they volunteer and feel good doing so. (win-win).

The company does the absolute minimum to satisfy "Community Service" whatever the hell the FCC defines that as.

• Like 4

When they first mention those bureaus (in its public interest statement during the MG transaction), they'd planned on launching in Nashville, TN, Austin, TX & Albany, NY, with possible additions in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Alabama & Indiana.

I'm surprised Indiana became the first one of the seven.

When they first mention those bureaus (in its public interest statement during the MG transaction), they'd planned on launching in Nashville, TN, Austin, TX & Albany, NY, with possible additions in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Alabama & Indiana.

I'm surprise Indiana became the first one of the seven.

The only thing about those cities you mentioned is they are all capitals of their respective states, which creates a complex situation in states like Alabama where Nexstar doesn't even own a TV station in Montgomery.

• Like 1

I'm kind of surprised that Nexstar doesn't have a Ohio bureau in Columbus. Granted, they don't have a station in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo, or Lima. However, they don't have a station in every market in Texas and Austin is still getting a bureau.

• Like 2

I'm kind of surprised that Nexstar doesn't have a Ohio bureau in Columbus. Granted, they don't have a station in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo, or Lima. However, they don't have a station in every market in Texas and Austin is still getting a bureau.

Most of those markets are out of reach for Nexstar unless they have to scoop up leftovers from other acquisitions.